Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2005-2006

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Daz,

I don't think the game this weekend will be as entertaining as the first encounter between Spurs and West Ham. The Hammers will be resting anyone with as much as a headache in preparation for next weeks Cup final.

Spurs to take this one Daz.

Nice to know we are going to see West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea all playing in Europe next season along with other such formidable teams like Gretna from Scotland.:rolleyes: .

Cheers

I wish that it had gone that way, Crafty.

Can you fcuking believe this:

Tottenham boss Martin Jol admits he has never experienced anything like the food poisoning that engulfed his squad prior to their game at West Ham, which ended in a defeat that put a stop to their UEFA Champions League dream.

Spurs now finish the campaign in fifth place, missing out on Champions League football to Arsenal, who secured the final qualifying spot with a 4-2 win over Wigan in the last ever game at Highbury.

Jol and his players will rue their ill-luck as several of the side that started the match were affected, although he did accept there was no alternative other than to play the game.

''I have never experienced anything like this in football before," said Jol.

"I don't want to blame our defeat on the circumstances and I do not think personally that there was any foul play involved.

"We would like to have postponed the match for one day but that was not really possible.

"We had 10 players in bed and asked to postpone the game until 6pm. The police and health and safety people were called but I don't suspect foul play.

We had a buffet with steak and chicken and I had a rough idea what it was.

"I was woken up by the club doctor at 5am and I then went to see Chris Hughton. Aaron Lennon and Teemu Tainio were affected by it later on.

"I was told about the Middlesbrough game and that we could have been given a sanction.

"We could not take the risk of not playing. We knew what happened to Middlesbrough a few years ago.

"Sometimes if you get fluid and food into them they will be okay. That is why we needed three hours.

''West Ham are playing in the cup final next week, they didn't want to postpone the match and I completely understand that."

Jol continued to explain that Michael Dawson was one of the worst sufferers, while revealing his decision to replace influential midfielder Michael Carrick was due to illness.

"Dawson was very sick but played 90 minutes but Carrick couldn't go on," he continued.

''Carrick was substituted after 64 minutes. One of the problems was they couldn't take food or any fluids.

"On the whole of course I am disappointed but we are fifth and in Europe with 65 points, which is an unbelievable amount for our team."

Well, we are definitely on the up. The hardest thing to take is that we have been in fourth spot for months. But we are in Europe, which is awesome. Well done Spammers too!

Attachments

• Euro tour.jpg
    Euro tour.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 58
  • cantlivewithoutyou.jpg
    cantlivewithoutyou.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 64

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food poisoning suspect caught

They got the person who poisoned Spurs yesterday!:eek:

Attachments

• Food poisoner.jpg
    Food poisoner.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 62

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this common knowledge?
FCBayern.com said:
08.05.2006 Michael Ballack will pull on the number 13 Bayern shirt for the last time on Saturday when the champions take on Borussia Dortmund, as the Germany captain is moving on after four seasons and three domestic doubles in Munich, with the likely destination London and English champions Chelsea.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0