Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2006-2007

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool took the Community Shield today with a 2-1 win over last year's champions, Chelsea, and their vaunted summer signings. Take that Mourinho, you fcuking cnut.

Liverpool are a force to be reckoned. This team is fast, skillful, commited and deep.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Liverpool took the Community Shield today with a 2-1 win over last year's champions, Chelsea, and their vaunted summer signings. Take that Mourinho, you fcuking cnut.

Liverpool are a force to be reckoned. This team is fast, skillful, commited and deep.

Yeah, Dap, I watched it. Good match and Pool definitely look very strong in depth this year.

Should be a good Prem season, can't wait for Saturday.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I can't wait either. It looks like it could be a really good battle for the title this season, with four or five strong teams at the top of the pile.

The key for Liverpool is not having such a shitty start to the season as they did last year. If the league had started on September 17th the Pool would have won it, as the accrued more points thereafter than any other team. I suppose similar things could be said about United. I can't recall but I don't think they had a great start either, while Chelsea rolled off win after win. Arsenal should be improved with their young players more experienced now. Tottenham are looking pretty good too, I reckon.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man. United have apparently made a huge offer for Owen Hargreaves but Bayern apparently aren't interested - even with Owen's plea to leave for United. Losing Ballack and then Hargreaves would be a major crisis in Bayern's midfield. Don't see it happening.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with DJones about Bayern lnot interested in selling Hargreaves, losing their entire central midfield in one transfer window, I can't see it happening either.

With all this talk about who is going to be on top, who is odds on favorite to be relegated? The usual suspects who won promotion from the Championship are Reading Watford and Sheffield United. Out of the three, the club with the best chance of staying up IMO would be Reading. The other two I see struggling all year along with Wigan, who have lost a couple of key players (Roberts, Bullard,Chimbonda I think)from their squad.

Anyone else?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Several news sources are reporting that Dirk Kuyt is about to sign for Liverpool in a 10 million pound transfer to be paid off in installments. The deal is expected to be wrapped up in the next day or two. Dirk the Dagger has scored 71 goals in 101 Dutch league games. Now, although the standard in the Eredivisie is lower than the Premiership it is still an impressive strike rate. And if Rafa rates him...

The Reds just got even stronger. Viva la Rafalution!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonesy will like this one.....

It appears that Hargreaves is set to sign with Man U....on a 13 million pound transfer......at least that's what The Sun is reporting:rolleyes:

Dirk Kuyt will be great for the pool.....He's a hard working - run all over the place type of forward that will put lots of pressure on EPL backlines.....he was also the Dutch preferenece as the first choice striker ahead of Van Nistleroy in the recent World Cup.

Looking forward to an exciting season.

Sandman

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

It must be true. The Sun always reports the truth in EVERYTHING they write! They never make up any of their stories! :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones said:
Man. United have apparently made a huge offer for Owen Hargreaves but Bayern apparently aren't interested - even with Owen's plea to leave for United. Losing Ballack and then Hargreaves would be a major crisis in Bayern's midfield. Don't see it happening.

Updated: Aug. 22, 2006

Bayern threaten United with FIFA action

BERLIN, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Bayern Munich have threatened to report Manchester United to FIFA if they do not give up their pursuit of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

The German champions told the English club last week to cease all interest in the 25-year-old Hargreaves.

'Otherwise we will turn to FIFA,' Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told the Munich-based tz newspaper on Tuesday. 'A club may only contact a player when the club holding his contract agrees to it.'

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hargreaves will be in England before the year is up, whther it is before the current window closes, or in January.
I don't much care for UTD but for their sake I hope they get him before he is cup tied to play at Bayern.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celski Lose. Looks like Boro has their number. Maybe they won't run out so far ahead the other 3 don't have a prayer by xmas this year. Shevchenko looked good again. Lampard missed a golden chance. Thought World Cup was behind him after scoring in 1st game. We shall see.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
When does Ole not score when he is healthy?
He has been a goal machine at Utd when he is fit and playing, he has fallen victim to so many "big name signings"
I hate utd, but hope Ole gunnar has a great year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Ham sign Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez!!!!???

WTF!

I thought those two had Manchester United written all over them.

That is some coup...good job on whoever fleeced Corinthians for those two...
Wolfman will pile up the goals for the Hammers.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portsmouth look to have a deal with Hajduk Split from the Croatian League dealing with Niko Kranjcar. 4.5 million transfer fee and 1 mil / year for kranjcar.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good signing...His ability to run will serve him well in the EPL...
Kranjcar is a good player, it is weird he didn't move from NK Dinamo to another bigger club before going to Hajduk... There was talk of Juve and other heavyweights being interested in him then...

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty,

Tevez & Mascherano. How?

Surely, you have some insight, thoughts or sumpin' on the cheap.

I'll take two,

Buckfast

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0