Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2009 / 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, pre-season is underway all around England and things are shaping up nicely for another great season :wa:

The Community Shield kicks off on Sunday, August 9th between Manchester United & Chelsea.

First round of fixtures kickoff on Saturday, August 15th.

Many interesting talking points before the first whistle :

United lose Ronaldo to Real Madrid and Tevez to Manchester City. Michael Owen has signed on a 2 year contract to help out the kit man ;)

Chelsea have Carlo Ancelotti at the helm and Pizarro & Shevchenko are back from their loan deals. Ex-City young lad Daniel Sturridge is the only real notable transfer in.

Arsenal have signed a young centre back Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax for £10 million and have a few players back from loan spells in Armand Traoré & Philippe Senderos.

Liverpool's really only piece of business is bringing in Glen Johnson from Portsmouth for a huge £18.25 million. Big money for a right back that doesn't defend but will give them a ton going forward.

And to Manchester City ...... ex-United Legend Mark Hughes with a trillion pounds behind him has gone the Real Madrid route by trying to sign every striker in Europe. Tevez signed today (now lost legendary status at Old Trafford) and Santa Cruz was bought from Blackburn for £17.5 million. He's in talks currently to bring in Adebayor from Arsenal which is interesting. Gareth Barry was also bought from Aston Villa for £12 million which is a nice piece of business. Can someone please tell him he's in dire need of anybody that can defend ?? Somehow, Micah Richards, Richard Dunne & Wayne Bridge don't cut it for me ......

Should be a great season and with Ronaldo fcuking off for the Bernebeu, there's finally a chance for a team (other than United) to win the Premiership ;)

Thoughts, comments & general rubbish about your team, the league, etc., etc. ??

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deal of the year?

Stevie G signing extension through 2013 :D

Torres signing through 2013 is maybe 1A in terms of deal of the year :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure Sheva and Pizarro will be sold or loaned out before the start of the season.

Yuri Zhirkov could turn out to be a gem. He came highly recommended by Guus, and was considered one of the top players at Euro 2008 (made the UEFA Team of the Tournament). He is versatile enough to play left wing or left back, and could crack the starting XI. If not he is a fabulous depth player.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure Sheva and Pizarro will be sold or loaned out before the start of the season.

Yuri Zhirkov could turn out to be a gem. He came highly recommended by Guus, and was considered one of the top players at Euro 2008 (made the UEFA Team of the Tournament). He is versatile enough to play left wing or left back, and could crack the starting XI. If not he is a fabulous depth player.

Zhirkov was quality in that tournament......if he is the one playing left midfield for them, which I think he was. :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:mad:

Villa 3-1 Liverpool

I thought they were going to salvage a point until Stevie G lost his heed and gave away the peno to seal it.

BTW, it's going to be hard to following games on the net this year I think as it appears EPL games are being shut down at an alarming rate on justin.tv feeds (which are what are mostly served up through atdhe.net)...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a shite game. What's with the lame goals Liverpool have been conceding? Fcuking soul-destroying.

Regs, you're right about watching the games online. It's getting harder to find a decent stream. Can't download Sopcast at work so I'm stuck with Justin or Atdhe. They seem to get shut down a few times a game though, making me scour the net for more streams. That said, they do seem to get the streams back up fairly quick-like.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
seen as i'm bored waiting for a part for my car i thought i would read a few things on ttp (always a good passtime ;) ). so thought i would give my predicitons on this years top 4 and relegation battles. I think the top four will change this year with chelsea winning the league, i cant beleive i'm gonna say this but believe tottenham will finally achieve a respectable finish in 2nd place, and then man utd and arsenal rounding off the top four. Man utd just always know how to finish up there, and arsenal i think are one year away from being a top side year round cause right now there arguelbely the best team in the league right now without a real challenege (see after this weekend). As for Man City and Liverpool, i belive man city will wear away around xmas time and not find themseleves able to keep going this year anyways, with next year being a whole different story. Liverpool i think just won't get really going till it's too late and benetiz finds himself gone by xmas.

In the relegation battle i think the 3 teams that will go down are portsmouth, burnely, and hull. Here is my prediction of the entire league.....
1st chelsea
2nd tottenham
3rd man utd/arsenal
4th ^^^
5th liverpool/man city
6th^^^
7th villa
8th west ham
9th sunderland
10th everton
11th bolton
12th blackburn
13th wigan
14th fulham
15th stoke
16th wolves
17th birmingham
18th hull
19th portsmouth
20th burnely

***LFC***

May 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tottenham to finish 2nd?
You must be fcking joking. Its only 3 games into the season , By xmas time they will be fighting to get a Eurpo Leauge Spot ( at best ).

I agree with your relagtion picks.

My top 4.

1.) Liverpool(I know they had a slow start, but they will turn it around starting from Sat.)
2.) Chelsea
3.) Arsenal
4.) Man U

Man City will finish between 5th - 7th.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tottenham to finish 2nd?
You must be fcking joking. Its only 3 games into the season , By xmas time they will be fighting to get a Eurpo Leauge Spot ( at best ).

i wish i didn't think that being an arsenal fan but i just think harry has the team to do it this year.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tottenham 2-1 B'Ham

Lucky result. Terrible error at the death by a former Tottenham stalwart results in Lennon's winner. Entertaining match.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Modric out with broken fibula for 3 months.... :mad:

Tottenham signs Niko Kranjcar today... :D

A couple of more signings like that we will have teh Croatian national team playing for Tottenham!!! :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top 6 predictions

Manchester United GLORY! GLORY!
Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester City
Liverpool
Tottenham

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good lord Liverpool looks bad....mid pack at best.

Man U to win another title......

Tough break on the Chelsea loss today....very heartbreaking:rolleyes:

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
that goal in the liverpool game was one of the biggest pieces of crap i have ever seen.
if that happened to man utd, the bloody world would end.
what a joke

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
that goal in the liverpool game was one of the biggest pieces of crap i have ever seen.
if that happened to man utd, the bloody world would end.
what a joke

Well liverpool only has their Idiot Kop to blame. On a sidenote the canucks would like to borrow the beach ball as Luongo needs to make a save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0