Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup President's Cup Round 1 MOTW

[Presidents Cup] Round 1 MOTW

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being how is this weekend is very slow for games that matter lets start some Round 1 Cup banter....

Who is the favorite?

Which team could surprise and make a long run?

Here are your Round 1 MOTW selections

DFC Celtic 2A versus Vault FC 3B - Could this be the first div 2 team to exit? Vault has got alot of their starters back and wanting to prove they are for real....Look for this game to be close..will the experience of Celtic be to much for Vault??

North Delta Titans 2B versus Guildford Utd 2B The surprise team of the year Guildford looking mighty strong to make a long cup run.....but they are facing the playoff team of the last 5 years, Titans are consistently making long cup runs no matter how shitty their season record is:D.....could this be a first round upset?

GEU Phoenix 3A versus LUFC Young Guns 2C I think this game is going to be alot closer then people think. Young Guns don't have forwards who can score goals but they do have a strong middle of the park. Look for this to be a one goal game. Phoenix could surprise here if their team shows up...

GEU Knights 2C versus GEU Titans 3B Home town battle..I expect the Knights not to drink the night before and prove they should be near the top of their division...will all their guys show up???

Port Moody Magpies 3A versus BC United 3B After seeing both teams play now, I expect the Magpies to roll over BC United. If the Magpies don't push their D up they will be able to control the threw balls that BC likes to pump through. Look for the Magpies to slow it down and win by at least 2.

CFC Balkan Wolves 3C versus Athletic Club BC 2B Mr Base versus Ghouse....expect ACBC to control 98.25% of the game and throttle the Wolves.

White Rock Utd 2C versus GEU Pumas 2A This game could be very close. Pumas will be missing their starting goalie who has to serve a suspension....who will play net? I still expect a one goal game...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Ghouse ,JBN voting for the ACBC Wolves game as Match of the week:rolleyes:

shold bee er closely one:rolleyes:

GHouse is Carnie playing prem or div 2 for cup?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because the transfer deadline is here, Its time for all clubs to make decisions on who and where players are to spend the rest of the season. Still you can bring up players for league games and Xcup games ,you just cant bring them up for the Pak or Provincials.
I have moved 6 players up and 2 down to meet the transfer deadline. Signed a few guys back who left for the VMSL. And now I have to see if the moves are the right ones.
We lost 2 Premier players to pro soccer. 1 to injury and 1 to US collage. So I needed to bring up some help for the Pak and Provincial run.
That may leave our div 2 team a little weeker than I wanted.
Time will tell.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because the transfer deadline is here, Its time for all clubs to make decisions on who and where players are to spend the rest of the season. Still you can bring up players for league games and Xcup games ,you just cant bring them up for the Pak or Provincials.
I have moved 6 players up and 2 down to meet the transfer deadline. Signed a few guys back who left for the VMSL. And now I have to see if the moves are the right ones.
We lost 2 Premier players to pro soccer. 1 to injury and 1 to US collage. So I needed to bring up some help for the Pak and Provincial run.
That may leave our div 2 team a little weeker than I wanted.
Time will tell.

Who headed to Pro? and where abouts?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cordick signed in the CISL for Calgary..Indoor pro league ???
Calgary,Edmonton,Winterpeg,Saskatoon and Prince George...Ya PG.
Long bus rides in the winter for a 60 min indoor game.
Top team gets into finals vs the USA champion and the Mexican Champion. ya Mexican indoor champion...?
google it. its all true.

Sergio signed in Colombia div 2 (he went home to his grandfathers funeral and got a tryout and made it.)

both starters. and good friends. and we will miss them. We wish them both the very best and hope,after long great soccer careers,they find their way back home to us.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word if Mr. Base's 3 guys who went to try their trade in Europe will be back for this big contest?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey ...Its Cup, You cant take any team lightly. Anyone can throw a wrench at you at any time. All it takes is for the planets to aline or an eclipse and your screwed. Game Over.
We have a huge undertakeing instore to try and repeat. Its going to be hard vs everyone from start to finnish.
We are going to be up for every game and if the gods are good to us we will prevail.
Or we will be singing with the fat lady.
I love Cup time. Its what its all about.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cordick signed in the CISL for Calgary..Indoor pro league ???
Calgary,Edmonton,Winterpeg,Saskatoon and Prince George...Ya PG.
Long bus rides in the winter for a 60 min indoor game.
Top team gets into finals vs the USA champion and the Mexican Champion. ya Mexican indoor champion...?
google it. its all true.

Sergio signed in Colombia div 2 (he went home to his grandfathers funeral and got a tryout and made it.)

both starters. and good friends. and we will miss them. We wish them both the very best and hope,after long great soccer careers,they find their way back home to us.

They must pay in the white powder.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey ...Its Cup, You cant take any team lightly. Anyone can throw a wrench at you at any time. All it takes is for the planets to aline or an eclipse and your screwed. Game Over.
We have a huge undertakeing instore to try and repeat. Its going to be hard vs everyone from start to finnish.
We are going to be up for every game and if the gods are good to us we will prevail.
Or we will be singing with the fat lady.
I love Cup time. Its what its all about.

True, but if you can dodge a wrench......you can dodge a ball

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ACBC div 2 and I mean the div 2 team thats going into Cup together. Not the team from last week before transfer deadline.(ACBC Premier played last night) Played VMSL div 1 Serbian White Eagles. Yes the former Premier team from last year and fighting at the top of div 1 for promotion.
We beat them 1-0 tonight. Sickest bicycle kick from the top of the 18 from Johnny.
It was a great match. We played our hearts out and were rewarded the victory.
The Serbs were good. They actually out shot us but we had more quality sitters missed.
Very hard fought battle as both teams had something to prove.
And again it was the div 2 team only. The team defending the Presidents Cup.
I am very happy with what team we have now. We are ready...
Franchise....Beer s how many ....bet is on vs Balkan Wolves.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ACBC div 2 and I mean the div 2 team thats going into Cup together. Not the team from last week before transfer deadline.(ACBC Premier played last night) Played VMSL div 1 Serbian White Eagles. Yes the former Premier team from last year and fighting at the top of div 1 for promotion.
We beat them 1-0 tonight. Sickest bicycle kick from the top of the 18 from Johnny.
It was a great match. We played our hearts out and were rewarded the victory.
The Serbs were good. They actually out shot us but we had more quality sitters missed.
Very hard fought battle as both teams had something to prove.
And again it was the div 2 team only. The team defending the Presidents Cup.
I am very happy with what team we have now. We are ready...
Franchise....Beer s how many ....bet is on vs Balkan Wolves.

What beers? I would bet beers you are going to beat them....why in the god green earth would i bet on the Wolves who are not even top of their own division....you are going to blow them out

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ended up watching the ACBC vs. Serbia game yesterday and have to admit, this team might be better than what we were last year when we won the cup. As GHouse said it, i think these guys are ready to defend. Best of luck to everyone in the cup

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ended up watching the ACBC vs. Serbia game yesterday and have to admit, this team might be better than what we were last year when we won the cup. As GHouse said it, i think these guys are ready to defend. Best of luck to everyone in the cup

Of course they're better, they got rid of that Masry guy, smartest move i've seen Ghouse make in years, eh bud ;) :D Where you playin these days?

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course they're better, they got rid of that Masry guy, smartest move i've seen Ghouse make in years, eh bud ;) :D Where you playin these days?

Hahah I guess so eh buddy. Although Ghouse still owes me dairy queen after that big pk win after making a couple of stops in the finals. Haha. I'm playing for Delta in the VMSL Prem. What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0