Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup President's Cup Round 1 MOTW

[Presidents Cup] Round 1 MOTW

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahah I guess so eh buddy. Although Ghouse still owes me dairy queen after that big pk win after making a couple of stops in the finals. Haha. I'm playing for Delta in the VMSL Prem. What about you?

Nice, DQ is always a solid payment. Im playin for the DFC Celtic, Div 2A.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I still owe you Dairy Queen. Actually Ive been craveing an Ultimate burger and cherry mister misty for a while now. Lets go,call me.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic use to be our nemesis and then they moved us apart (divisions changed) and we havent played them for like 3 years. They always had our number. Real battles back in the day.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Magpies 3A versus BC United 3B After seeing both teams play now, I expect the Magpies to roll over BC United. If the Magpies don't push their D up they will be able to control the threw balls that BC likes to pump through. Look for the Magpies to slow it down and win by at least 2.

Only 2 by goals. Fcuk that. You have only seen us play once. And that was when our goalie was playing beach volleyball, we had a red card player, and we started a bunch of new players.

I went and saw the Magpies play today and they lost to a Poco team 3-2 that was 2 man short at half time and they had no subs. And this Poco team played similar to your GEU Miners. Honestly, Clones and Chaos in our division can beat both teams teams easily.

All be it the Magpies pass the ball quick and i see what you mean when you saw pushing their defense up, cause they push quite a bit. Thanks for the tip. But in the defense of both teams, most of the Magpie players were at the Canucks game, including there goalie and the Poco Pacific started with only 11 and 1 sub so who knows who were missing on there end.

You never mentioned how small and young this Pomo Magpies team is though. If Pomo Magpies centre duo is still the same and same size come cup time. I'm bigger than the both of them, and I will make sure they know it when we play. You hear me Franny. Do all your rah rah cheerleading BS maybe that will motivate them. In fact maybe you should come provide some emotional encouragement cause they may need your pick me up.

I talked to the dad of the Pomo Magpies Forward, and I couldn't bring myself to tell him that his son is facing my team next week. Maybe you can provide some emotional encouragement for him too.

But our team is just going to get rolled over anyways, hey Franny.

Anyways, win or lose Presidents Cup is always fun, should be a good game next week. :bronco: (How's that for political correctness :) LOL (Franny's a hoomo, even if we win or lose) Cheers.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quick couple predictions of teams I am familiar with...

Poco Royals will win very handily against LUFC Wolves... they were shocking this weekend against the Red Hypesters of the Fraser Valley (9-1 in case you missed it!)... :eek: (Royals might hit double digits if Saturdays game is any revelation of the Wolves form/attendance of late)

Titans v Guildford will be good just because The Titans have always been a good cup team and good defensively... 4-0 and 3-0 losses earlier this year means squat, ND are always good come cup time. (i'll say 3-2 Guildford)

Athletica vs Chaos could be good just because the athletica have been struggling for numbers and the chaos have some SFC Strikers castoffs on their squad with prior cup experience. (i'll say 4-3 Chaos Chaos)

Phoenix will lose by a few to the Young Guns... I'll say 4-2 Young Guns

Guildford FC is just the tonic for GEU Inter's poor run of results. 6-0 Inter. Franny is on suicide watch if not. ;)

ACBC Will pummel CFC Balkan Wolves. 8-2 final is my call.

Westcoast will lose a tight one to SFC Peg Impact i'll say 4-3

Upset of the week is Vault FC over DFC Celtic. DFC Celtic has only nicked a 1 goal win over the terrible Lions of late and Vault are a good side that will probably just miss promotion unless they run the table and get some breaks... I'll say Scotty pitches the goose egg and they win 3-0.

It's too bad that Sikh United got Columbia. I want to see their asses kicked, we'll have to wait for week 2, hopefully we can get them back then :D Sikh's all star striker 8- Columbia 0

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I said:
Athletica vs Chaos could be good just because the athletica have been struggling for numbers and the chaos have some SFC Strikers castoffs on their squad with prior cup experience. (i'll say 4-3 Chaos Chaos)

just checked the site, Lyle, their keeper, is suspended for 2 more...

call it 6-3 Athletica now...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

If we score 3 goals I will buy you a case of beer. I predict a close game but more like 2-1 or 1-0 or maybe we go into PK's with us pulling it out of our asses like we seemed to do in years past.

WestCoast...What??? love cup time. hope we last a lot longer then last year.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quick couple predictions of teams I am familiar with...

Poco Royals will win very handily against LUFC Wolves... they were shocking this weekend against the Red Hypesters of the Fraser Valley (9-1 in case you missed it!)... :eek: (Royals might hit double digits if Saturdays game is any revelation of the Wolves form/attendance of late)

Titans v Guildford will be good just because The Titans have always been a good cup team and good defensively... 4-0 and 3-0 losses earlier this year means squat, ND are always good come cup time. (i'll say 3-2 Guildford)

Phoenix will lose by a few to the Young Guns... I'll say 4-2 Young Guns

Guildford FC is just the tonic for GEU Inter's poor run of results. 6-0 Inter. Franny is on suicide watch if not. ;)

ACBC Will pummel CFC Balkan Wolves. 8-2 final is my call.

Upset of the week is Vault FC over DFC Celtic. DFC Celtic has only nicked a 1 goal win over the terrible Lions of late and Vault are a good side that will probably just miss promotion unless they run the table and get some breaks... I'll say Scotty pitches the goose egg and they win 3-0.

It's too bad that Sikh United got Columbia. I want to see their asses kicked, we'll have to wait for week 2, hopefully we can get them back then :D Sikh's all star striker 8- Columbia 0

I see you stayed away from the BC United versus Magpies score I guess you didn't want to be called a hoomo in a sparkling ttp comeback:rolleyes:

FYI Young Guns lost 2-0 to a terriable aldergrove side....Shoot-outs are coming versus pheonix

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You gave up Premier for div 2. oh how the mighty have fallen:eek:

Best choice I ever did. I personally had enough. 6 to 8 guys showing up to practice and only half actually getting playing time, when guys who didn't show up for a single practice and even call ups no body knew, would get starting time. I will be the first to admit I wasn't in premier shape and didn't deserve a full game, but there's no reason why guys who show up to practice and are healthy should be on the sides for guys no one knows and aren't signed for the team. It's a great group of guys at GEU and im glad to see they're turning it around and got themselves out the relegation zone. Im quite happy at the Celtic, playing with my best friends and actually having more fun playing than I have in years and I love playing on grass almost every weekend. Hopefully I'll be seeing KH in cup play.:D But first things first, Chelsea4Life and Vault FC.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know kind of what you mean Cascade. when we played indoor a few years back was when I liked soccer the past three years haven't been fun. losing one of my best friends. and two others quiting. it just wasn't the same. we have a bye into the next round so you never know. you might see us in the next round. and now that you play for Celtic I don't see you guys losing to Vault. sorry Chelsea he's really good, you'll have your hands full.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know kind of what you mean Cascade. when we played indoor a few years back was when I liked soccer the past three years haven't been fun. losing one of my best friends. and two others quiting. it just wasn't the same. we have a bye into the next round so you never know. you might see us in the next round. and now that you play for Celtic I don't see you guys losing to Vault. sorry Chelsea he's really good, you'll have your hands full.

I highly doubt ill be playing, injured:( but hopefully I can somehow get past this and get out there.

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I said:

just checked the site, Lyle, their keeper, is suspended for 2 more...

call it 6-3 Athletica now...

Site must not have been updated. Lyle is not suspended anymore, first game back is cup vs Chaos.

Oh and btw Lyle is keeper turned striker, hasn't played a game in net all season. .. Hence the high goals against for us :)

We do have one suspension carrying over from last game though, that should hurt us. Hopefully we can get 11 out.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You all should check with the league asap reguarding suspentions. Yellow card suspentions from a letter I have says your clear to play CUP . Reds carry into cup play but yellows do not. But before just playing a player find out first hand from the league and save your emails. I am sure every suspention is different due to that particular situation.
This is a new rule that the league put in play this year . To keep as many cards from league play away from Cup play. and vice versa.
But check first to be sure. All new rules you should check just so you understand them correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0