Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 2 MOTW

Presidents Cup Round 2 MOTW

• Poco Royals FC 2A - North Delta Sundowners 3C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port Moody Lions 2A - Vault FC 3B

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • LUFC Athletica 2C - GEU Knights 2C

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • GEU Inter 2A - Cloverdale Cannons 3C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athletic Club BC 2B - BC United 3B

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • GEU Pumas 2A - Port Moody Gunners 2A

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Abbotsford Utd SC 3C - GEU Miners 3A

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • LUFC Nomads 2B - Poco Pacific 3A

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • LUFC Young Guns 2C - Aldergrove Players 2C

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Guildford Utd 2B - Coquitlam MF Titans 2A

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 5- SD 0
Pomo Lions 1 - Vault 2
Athletica 3 - Knights 2
Inter 5 - Cannons 1
ACBC 4 - BCU 1
Pumas 0 Gummers 4
Abby 4 Miners 2
Nomads 3 - Poco 1
Young Guns 4 - Players 0
Guildford 5 - Titans 1

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha!!!!

ya man, the day i let in 5 goals will be the day i need to take some time off from soccer. Ill be generous and say 3-2 us

soccer_KF216

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well poco is a good team. i saw them play in new westminister on sunday last week. have never seen the nomads play. but one thing is sure. poco has a dirty dirty player that plays center back or sweeper. I have never seen a player go after players like he did. i hope he gets his next game against the nomads. I am going to come watch this game and will be cheering for nomads.I think hes number 2 fijian or east indian guy. i saw some other team watching was that the nomads? No class player..

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well poco is a good team. i saw them play in new westminister on sunday last week. have never seen the nomads play. but one thing is sure. poco has a dirty dirty player that plays center back or sweeper. I have never seen a player go after players like he did. i hope he gets his next game against the nomads. I am going to come watch this game and will be cheering for nomads.I think hes number 2 fijian or east indian guy. i saw some other team watching was that the nomads? No class player..

It was us (PM Magpies). We really have nothing else to do on Sundays but drink and watch other games. But you are right, that guy throws some serious elbows...just brutal.

soccer_KF216

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
im glad you guys agree. Poco has some classy guys on there team ill give them that much. every team has one idiot. i really really hope nomads take care of him..... im a lover not a hater but this guy is a idiot. Case of beer who gets him. lol

I'll leave it on your sidelines with a thank you note. lol

soccer_KF216

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was us (PM Magpies). We really have nothing else to do on Sundays but drink and watch other games. But you are right, that guy throws some serious elbows...just brutal.

Im glad you guys agree. Poco has some great guys, and classy guys. but every team has a idiot. I think hes the biggest one. The league doesn't need guys like this. Case of beer who gets him first from the nomads

PS Case of beer will be left with a thank you note and on your sideline. lol

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, I'm #13 (old guy with orange boots), I've never heard anyone talk about our brown guy that way. Sure he protects himself, and he certainly goes in hard, but I wouldn't call him dirty. Even to joke about leaving a case of beer to "take care of him" goes beyond what we should be doing here. Call him a cnut, fine. Imagine something does happen this weekend? Were you guys sleeping during the Steve Moore Burtuzzi thing? I know you don't really mean it, but sheesh!

You guys should see my shins after that game in Sapperton, our forward took himself off because he knew he was going to lose his temper because of the constant hacking.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, I'm #13 (old guy with orange boots), I've never heard anyone talk about our brown guy that way. Sure he protects himself, and he certainly goes in hard, but I wouldn't call him dirty. Even to joke about leaving a case of beer to "take care of him" goes beyond what we should be doing here. Call him a cnut, fine. Imagine something does happen this weekend? Were you guys sleeping during the Steve Moore Burtuzzi thing? I know you don't really mean it, but sheesh!

You guys should see my shins after that game in Sapperton, our forward took himself off because he knew he was going to lose his temper because of the constant hacking.

Well said

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was last year C4L, then you moved team....now your just a bunch of young kids trying to work out how to play Div 3.
i DONT know how...just dont know how...But hey atleast we can win cup games...?

soccer_KF216

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

well i really don't care what u think to be honest. he deserves it and thats it.... hes a big guy he can take it im sure. if you can dish it out you should be able to take it. Im sure there are other teams that have played you guys that feel the same way i do. that port moody player does. if your whole division was on this sight im sure they all would agree

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well our game should be a lil more interesting. 3 of our key players picked up injuries over the last 2 meaningless league games. 1 is done for the year (MCL), other 2 not sure yet.

Not to stir up any pots cause I'm not sure how everything is run, but is there a reason why the presidents cup starts before the season is done? A few of our guys were wondering, cause it seems weird to get all revved up for the 1st round of cup, then to basically have 2-3 weeks off of meaningless games (for us at least in our position) then have the potential for injuries in those games and have to get geared up for cup again?

No sour grapes, as injuries are part of the game and could have happened even if all league games were played first. But I believe the pak cup is starting this upcoming weekend, so was just curious as to why the pres cup started earlier? More teams?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well our game should be a lil more interesting. 3 of our key players picked up injuries over the last 2 meaningless league games. 1 is done for the year (MCL), other 2 not sure yet.

Not to stir up any pots cause I'm not sure how everything is run, but is there a reason why the presidents cup starts before the season is done? A few of our guys were wondering, cause it seems weird to get all revved up for the 1st round of cup, then to basically have 2-3 weeks off of meaningless games (for us at least in our position) then have the potential for injuries in those games and have to get geared up for cup again?

No sour grapes, as injuries are part of the game and could have happened even if all league games were played first. But I believe the pak cup is starting this upcoming weekend, so was just curious as to why the pres cup started earlier? More teams?

If you remember it was only what, 2 years ago the Cups started in October......2 Cup games before Xmas.
They have just in the last couple years moved them to the end of the season. The reason for the move is because teams with meaningless games and already out of cup were forfiting so many games at the end of the season I cant tell you the problems if you remember. Teams needing to play for religation and promotion were getting shafted left right and center.
Why not move Cup to the very end of the season you ask. It almost is, and its a good question why not just move it to the very end.
I think it might have something to do with makeup games...but for the life of me I cant remember..as I did ask.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I remembered the years past when that was happening. I was part of one of those teams. We weren't forfeiting but once we got knocked out of cup we had 8 or 9 guys showing up to the rest of the league games.

The league has made a better adjustment with pushing the cup games back as far into the season as possible. And the only reason why I can think of the pres cup not being right at the end is because the FVSL wants to try and have the pack and pres quarters, semis and finals on the same weekends. So because of the vast difference in the number of teams in the cup (pres almost 60 teams and pak almost 30 teams) it just makes sense to have that first round of pres cup a bit earlier.

My guys were just commenting on how it feels weird to get geared up for 1 game (1st round) then have to wait 3 weeks (in our particular situation) to get geared up for a meaningful game again.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guys were just commenting on how it feels weird to get geared up for 1 game (1st round) then have to wait 3 weeks (in our particular situation) to get geared up for a meaningful game again.
Definately dont like the idea of playing league games in between, but like Ghouse said, when are you going to play your make-up games if you make a good cup run? And sucks to see your team get injured in meaningless games, unfortunately we dont have the luxury like pro teams where we can call up 10 new starters and play a meaningless FA Cup game or something like that ahha

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya exactly, but for makeup games, at least this year for our division, almost all the teams didn't have any. We played all but one game this year. And to make it up would be kinda pointless for both teams as it would mean nothing in the standings.

Their are makeup weekends scheduled after the 3rd round of cup before quarters, as well as after quarters before semis and again after semis before finals.

In my opinion, the best option would be this: play out the whole regular season, have the first 3 rounds of cup back to back to back. Then have the format the league has now with quarters, semis and finals 2 weeks apart to have room for makeup games, HOWEVER, if u are still involved in the cup, you should not be able to make up games to prevent injuries, cards (reds) and focus solely on the cup. Just my perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0