Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

• North Delta Titans versus GEU Phoenix (Upset coming!)

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Dewdney Celtic versus Sentinel

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • LUFC Wolves - Langley Players (This game should be close...roll eyes)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • LUFC Nomads versus Sikh Utd Eagles (Kjohnsob did you pay off Bigbag for your draw?)

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • LUFC Rangers versus North Coquitlam Utd (WOW, Rangers are in round 3)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • GEU Rams versus Athletic Club BC

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could never understand why this field in Burnaby was allowed in the valley:

The constitution states:

Article 1 - AFFILIATION & MEMBERSHIP

1(a) Membership shall be comprised of properly constituted teams affiliated with the British Columbia Soccer Association from that area of the Fraser Valley lying to the west of and including Hope, to the western boundaries of Port Coquitlam, the Municipality of Delta, the City of White Rock, and the City of Surrey.

Click here: FVSL Constitution

Port Moody???

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well guru we had this talk 5 years ago and they made an exseption for us. Couple reasons which I'll tell you once again. You have to drive right by our field when traveling from coq to south delta. The vmsl is spreading out to the valley so tit for tat. It also gives guys liveing downtown an outlet to play in the far better FVSL.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse,

You also said you "miss our little talks", so I thought I'd rehash some....
(and by the way, Coquitlam is NOT within the boundaries either, so why people would be travelling that route to South Delta is not a valid point)
When I first joined men's soccer (FVSL) back in 1980, it was no different. The boundaries were set in the constitution, and the board wouldn't bend. The constitution hasn't changed it's wording... We were a team from Coquitlam, and our home park was Fleetwood in Scurvey, because they didn't allow teams in Coq.

If they make an exception for these situations without actually amending the criteria in the constitution, there is no use in having it

Obviously the constitution is totally irrelevant, as there is a stipulation in it that the board may do anything at any time contrary to the rules laid out in the constitution... which really makes it a complete joke!

If this was a legal document, there's no way in hell any team outside the boundaries would be allowed.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok ,,North Coq and Poco and Pt Moody and GEU...who else I miss that would most likely travel that route...
Maybe in 1980 the Board was made up of different people who saw things differently.
In 1980 the VMSL was not infultrateing the valley as much either.
Anyways as you said before the board can do what ever they want to improve the league and hopefully we are an improvement to the league, LOL

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok ,,North Coq and Poco and Pt Moody and GEU who else I miss that would most likely travel that route...
DFC, and none would take the Patullo unless yer a moron, they all take the Port Mann.... and you're talking about only one area...
Maybe in 1980 the Board was made up of different people who saw things differently. In 1980 the VMSL was not infultrateing the valley as much either.
There used to be a code.... VMSL stayed to thier area, and FVSL stayed to theres... the areas were clearly defined, and they are still.... I say we kick out the VMSL teams in our area, and ban the ones outside ours... I played in both during my time, and I'd much prefer the FVSL... BY FAR ! way better fields and clubs.
Anyways as you said before the board can do what ever they want to improve the league and hopefully we are an improvement to the league, LOL
Nothing to do with your club.... it's where it plays it's games... I'd love to see a team from Hope join the league just to piss off the league. Maybe we'll move our home field next season to High Hopes Turf .... er ... Hope High Turf :)

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing to do with your club.... it's where it plays it's games... I'd love to see a team from Hope join the league just to piss off the league. Maybe we'll move our home field next season to High Hopes Turf .... er ... Hope High Turf :)
I would have way rather drove to hope and play then to drive to pitt meadows and play on the farm, I mean field you got now. ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC, and none would take the Patullo unless yer a moron, they all take the Port Mann.... and you're talking about only one area...
There used to be a code.... VMSL stayed to thier area, and FVSL stayed to theres... the areas were clearly defined, and they are still.... I say we kick out the VMSL teams in our area, and ban the ones outside ours... I played in both during my time, and I'd much prefer the FVSL... BY FAR ! way better fields and clubs.

DFC?? I said GEU unless you ment who else, and I was thinking Dewdney.
VMSL broke the code big time first.
You dont like to drive to Burnaby but what about Tswassen?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC?? I said GEU unless you ment who else, and I was thinking Dewdney.
VMSL broke the code big time first.
You dont like to drive to Burnaby but what about Tswassen?

Yes = Who else

DFC = Dewdney (however, I prefer DFC)

doesn't matter who broke it... doing the same thing doesn't make it self defence, it just makes it that both parties broke it...

Don't like it... change the boundaries in the constitution, but don't just ignore the damn thing and do what you what ever suits the board at any given time... it undermines the value of the constitution...

Tswaserman ? I don't have a passport ... next you'll be saying Ladner !!! ppphhtttt The original idea for the Valley league was east of the western Poco border to Hope, and south of the Fraser to the US border... That's the definition of the Fraser Valley, and so it was adopted to the constitution...

Yes things and times change... my complaint isn't that there are teams playing in other areas; it's that if they do, there should be a vote among the teams within that group/div to either allow it for that year, or a vote at the general meeting with all team reps there to vote on adopting a constitutional change... then change the damn thing to read Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Moody ... or what ever, but don't write into the constitution that the board can do what ever they want contrary to it... it's ..... unconstitutional...

Rules have to be made steadfast and hard... Neil Fuge was that way. It's also what sets the good refs apart from the bad ones... if it's a rule/law, enforce it, or change it, but don't whimsically and arbitrarily skirt it.

D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0