Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

• North Delta Titans versus GEU Phoenix (Upset coming!)

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Dewdney Celtic versus Sentinel

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • LUFC Wolves - Langley Players (This game should be close...roll eyes)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • LUFC Nomads versus Sikh Utd Eagles (Kjohnsob did you pay off Bigbag for your draw?)

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • LUFC Rangers versus North Coquitlam Utd (WOW, Rangers are in round 3)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • GEU Rams versus Athletic Club BC

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
irsh car bomb made a good point, sikh are a good group of guys, very friendly game, could have got a little chippy with a score like that but credit to them

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC over GEU ,,very clean game , not much to tell you,,we were up by 2 10 min in, used everyone, had fun.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't pretty, but we'll take it.

Gotta hand it to the Pheonix, they play hard and make you work for every ball. Very poor start from us though, had to clear one off the line early from a corner, then the rest of the first half was pretty much all GEU. We picked it up a bit in the 2nd half, couple off posts, one off a crossbar, then went up 1-0 with about 20 to go on a beautiful low cracker from about 30 yards out. GEU started pushing then we added another one a few minutes later.

On to quarters!
i do believe i said this last year as well....but how are you guys almost at the bottom of your table in league play but come cup time you guys light it up. sure you beat a d3 team today but you have beat other good teams as well....you pulling a "ghouse" and signing superstars to make cup runs as well?:rolleyes:.....all jokes aside congrats on the win good luck next round, those gunners will keep you runnin all night....

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Coquitlam Utd. 4 - LUFC Rangers 0

Could've been 7 or 8-0 were it not for their keeper and the posts. They totalled 3 red cards; two for brazen, blatantly late bodychecks, and one for dissent. Game was called early after their third card, in which one of their backs channeled his inner Urlacher and decided to shoulder-check one of our midfielders in the jaw. It's a shame, because they have some class guys... but it all got overshadowed by the guys who felt the need to act bush league.

We're playing really solid soccer right now. No one's talking about us, and maybe that's fair since we haven't beaten any top-notch sides... but we've also outscored the opposition 10-2 so... we've earned the Quarters. Shame Poco/SFC is so early in the morning, or we'd head out and watch it haha.

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 players over wolves in what could have been the worst round 3 of cup i've seen in my life

but yeah, 2-1 gunners over langley. down 2-0 at half, pretty even possession but they got 1 lucky goal and 1 pretty good one, also hit a cross bar on a wicked shot which would have been lights out.

2nd half they were on their heels a lot and we were winning pretty much every ball. came out and scored early, not too many quality chances for us but overall real good effort and with a little luck could have won. gunners are a good team, but after having played senitnel twice, playing the gunners, and watching acbc a few times, sentinel for the cup. good luck the rest of the way.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
....Shame Poco/SFC is so early in the morning, or we'd head out and watch it haha.
i think it is safe to say that poco will win this because well the caps just aren't that good...but if the players can beat the wolves than i guess anything is possible....

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
players scored with 1:30 left in the game off a shanked corner kick...we were hoping for PKs. not many chances either way, pretty tough to watch. wolves goal on a PK.

one of the wolves got absolutely decked, i couldn't believe he even got up, think eric lindross.

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
N.Coq 4 - Rangers 0

Came out strong and put three in early and dominated the rest of the half.

Now, anybody who has played us in the past knows we like to play physical, but the second half was just stupid!! A few of their guys tried to injure us every chance they got. We scored one more and then the ref called the game with about 10 to go after one of our guys got knocked out from a shoulder check and they got their 3rd red of the half. Their keeper, who played unreal, came over and made sure our guy was ok. Pure class! The ref even told us not to shake hands, but we did and their remaining guys were classy wishing us luck. WTF!! Really lucky to only get one yellow and one injury.

On a lighter note, had a chance to check out the first half of the Nomads game. House, great save on the pk and rebound (gotta love that post eh!!)

vestal

Nov 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nomads ran a dirty train on Sikhs tonight. Not a pretty game. 6-0 at half sums it up pretty well. Not much you can do after that. To their credit they kept the game clean.Apparently their 'good' player only played the second half. Yes he was good...but he didn't make a difference. The game was an ugly abortion of soccer in the second half.
I think Shitenal were in the corner smoking week or trying to shoot some knuckle swimmers out in their pants. Waste of time to watch that game in my opinion.

Bro Code Article 75

A Bro automatically enhances another Bro's job description when introducing him to a chick.

Meep Meep Meep

You're so funny. I can't wait until your next witty post!
I'm sorry we didn't invite you to our little pow wow. If you want pm your number and we'll arrange a little gang bang for you. Bring your whole team! We'll run a train, if that's what you want. Don't worry we'll make you meep meep meep.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC versus Langley Players.....what a joke.... ACBC will and should put up double digits on this shite team.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
They should be Div 4!!!

Good game tonight! It sure wasn't a sniff close to our best!!

it definatly was, nice goal u scored franchise. Kind of funny how after we scored 2 goals in the first 4 minutes one of your defenders says "oh shite, we're in for a big one" hahahah

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting results and posts tonight!

ND Titans over the GEU Phoenix 2-0. Definately could and should have been more. We definately played to the level of our opponents tonight. Came out slow and were rather pathetic in the entire first half. GEU hit the post on a well struck free kick from 30 yards midway in the first. Unfortunately that was their only shot all on goal all night. In the second we finally started to play better footy and managed to score off a great strike from 35 yards out. Potted the second with 10 to go and coasted to the win.

Definately an ugly win, but a W none the less. On to an important make-up game next week to get us back on form for the Gunners. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Props to the GEU Pheonix for a well played game. Despite being a weak team (no offence), they did move the ball well and they had great efforts from #11 at the back and #7 in the middle of the park. Well done boys!

Good luck to everyone in the Elite Eight!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 for 7 we've made at least the Quarters!

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said Players over the Wolves. Thought GEU and ACBC would be closer but I can't get it all right. Looks like I will be making an appearance at the Nomads/Sentinel game in a couple of weeks hope we're not playing that day/night. Too bad LUFC Rangers aren't going to the final they were my team.
So I might need to make a 7 a side tourney thread again this year, any word if its going down again. And who's in? I know we're in for sure if we're allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0