Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup presidents cup semi-finals motw

whose your pick for motw for the semis

• pomo gunners vs poco pacific

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • acbc vs sentinel

Votes: 60 82.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is what the constitution (FVSL Constitution) has to say:

"15. Teams to qualify for the Keith Miller/B cup shall be the Knights League Cup winner plus the highest place team in Division2"

However, two years ago, when we won div 2a the last time, I think they just sent the Cup winner and runner-up (Dewdney and ACBC). Don't you remember that Megr? I think Cantuzzi complained to the league that year, but they turned us down.
I do, that was a piss off for sure. I wonder what will happen this year.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That year it was Dewdney and Coquitlam Arsenal.....ACBC got disqualified in the semis (sorry Ghouse to bring back painful memories:D) Dewdney did win the Cup, but Arsenal won their Division going undeafeted in league play, pretty sure they were the top Div.2 team then.
I think changes need to be made bcause last time I checked we were in first 'place' as well as Aldergrove and P.M. Gunners. They should change the constitution so the team with the highest points goes through.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree, I like the way it is as a Cup winner deserves something as any cup winner all around the world gets a champions berth. So do league champions. Its good the way it is.
Dont forget we havent won yet but I guess we qualify dur to the Gunners already qualifiying... Whos the 3rd best team...is it aldergrove. There are your 3...Plus dont forget . once the teams are asked to go they will have to see if they can go and ill bet you at least one team will bail as its very costly to travel and stay in PG. 4 nights what like 1o-12 hour drive. Food, Gas, Hotels. its at least a 5 day trip.
I have signed like 40 guys and we will be hard pressed ourselves so this year will be a goodn to see who can actually go...Plus dont forget to go is one thing to do well is another.. Some teams may have enough but wont go cause to many key guys cant make the trip..no one wants to travel that far only to get hammered.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree, I like the way it is as a Cup winner deserves something as any cup winner all around the world gets a champions berth. So do league champions. Its good the way it is.
Dont forget we havent won yet but I guess we qualify dur to the Gunners already qualifiying... Whos the 3rd best team...is it aldergrove. There are your 3...Plus dont forget . once the teams are asked to go they will have to see if they can go and ill bet you at least one team will bail as its very costly to travel and stay in PG. 4 nights what like 1o-12 hour drive. Food, Gas, Hotels. its at least a 5 day trip.
I have signed like 40 guys and we will be hard pressed ourselves so this year will be a goodn to see who can actually go...Plus dont forget to go is one thing to do well is another.. Some teams may have enough but wont go cause to many key guys cant make the trip..no one wants to travel that far only to get hammered.
Hey, I don't have a problem with the cup teams, it'd the third team(Div. winner) that goes that I have a problem with. The problem is with the system. Do you think we're better than Grove or Port Moody(Gunners) or the other way around? Know one knows for sure untill it is earned. Going by points isn't good enough because we're all Div. winners. You beat Grove in the cup 4-nil I think, how many times did you beat us? Just sayin. Sorry Grove.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I do beleive u guys are better than the teams in question...Remember they still may not want to go and you may be getting the call to go.
So be ready

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All year long I've been of the mindset that the two Pres. cup finalists would be the reps for the FV in provincials. Then the the next D2 with most points. Which seems like a fair way to do it. But I think that the official rule (?) is Pres Cup winner goes, then the top 2 point totals from D2 go.

Megr, with all due respect to your guys, your obviously a strong team, it just seems like your team just didn't do enough this year to ensure a spot in the provincials. Your team played 18 games this year and you failed to win 1/3 of them.

Your team would probably compete very well in the tournament, but you have, as Dana White would put it, "Left it in the hands of the judges" now, and it looks like you will have to rely on US, POMO Gunners to beat the heavily favored ACBC in the cup final next weekend for you to have a chance at Prince George.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
All year long I've been of the mindset that the two Pres. cup finalists would be the reps for the FV in provincials. Then the the next D2 with most points. Which seems like a fair way to do it. But I think that the official rule (?) is Pres Cup winner goes, then the top 2 point totals from D2 go.

Megr, with all due respect to your guys, your obviously a strong team, it just seems like your team just didn't do enough this year to ensure a spot in the provincials. Your team played 18 games this year and you failed to win 1/3 of them.

Your team would probably compete very well in the tournament, but you have, as Dana White would put it, "Left it in the hands of the judges" now, and it looks like you will have to rely on US, POMO Gunners to beat the heavily favored ACBC in the cup final next weekend for you to have a chance at Prince George.

So its still not for sure that the two finalists have already made provincials?

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't even know... Somebody look it up! I'm too lazy and am pretty sure we have already secured our spot. One more regular season win and we are in. Either that or win the cup. Good luck Acbc.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So its still not for sure that the two finalists have already made provincials?
I just looked it up and its the Cup winner and the top placed Divisional winner that go, so right now that would be Aldergrove with 50 points, Gunners could still pass that total if they win their remaining games, looks like Abby Arsenal are out

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheMegr...now on the home page of the FVSL web-site it says " B-Cup (3) TBA", so I guess there's still a chance for you guys...if the Gunners beat ACBC

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol its going to be a wild card Sentinel getting the third spot and making everyone mad all over again like the wild card bye in first round! Imo the 3 divisional winners should have some sort of play off, because again no one is going to agree who the best is by being in different divisions, etc.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I agree, do a playoff with all the top 3 divisional teams for provincials and then winner goes, but you need an even number, so you may as well throw Sentinel in there. ;)

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I agree, do a playoff with all the top 3 divisional teams for provincials and then winner goes, but you need an even number, so you may as well throw Sentinel in there. ;)
division winners and a wildcard spot kind of. the 3 top div 2 teams n the next best div 2 team out of the remaining 27. so then you have your two cup finalists plus your playoff team...but you guys know all this would need an extra week at least, im pretty sure the league knows who's going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0