Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup presidents cup semi-finals motw

whose your pick for motw for the semis

• pomo gunners vs poco pacific

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • acbc vs sentinel

Votes: 60 82.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little late but you're wrong. We got screwed last year as we couldn't bring up guys and had a freaking wedding that weekend. First night was fine but had 11 (with our back-up keeper playing out) for most of the 2nd day. Sucks very bad for that tournament.

Only ACBC will go - I cant imagine anyone else going to Prince George. It would cost thousands.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners are planning to go. Maybe ACBC will finance all FVSL reps? :wa:Ghouse?

Who doesn't want to go to a meaningful summer tourny + road trip

FVSL has 3 reps right? is it the top 2 div 2 teams and cup winner, or cup finalists and top dv 2 team

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

FVSL has 3 reps right? is it the top 2 div 2 teams and cup winner, or cup finalists and top dv 2 team

ya should be Pomo ACBC and aldergrove

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys lets not get ahead of ourselves here. we havent qualified yet. But we will ,if we go, have room for another team to share our bus, if that helps.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little late but you're wrong. We got screwed last year as we couldn't bring up guys and had a freaking wedding that weekend. First night was fine but had 11 (with our back-up keeper playing out) for most of the 2nd day. Sucks very bad for that tournament.

Its not that I am wrong...the rules when we went you could. I simply asked asked a question.

DId you wear that famous sweater this weekend to your party

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thats what it was last year

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's crap! There are 3 groups in Div.2, just because we(Arsenal) didn't have as many points as the other teams, we still won our division. :confused:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's crap! There are 3 groups in Div.2, just because we(Arsenal) didn't have as many points as the other teams, we still won our division. :confused:
i think its the 2 cup finalists n then the next best team. n since pomo n acbc are cup finalists i think aldergrove 2a has done better based on their standings.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it wouldnt bother me one bit,,they are reppin FVSL so they to are more than welcome...Sometimes you just need to get to know someone.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think its the 2 cup finalists n then the next best team. n since pomo n acbc are cup finalists i think aldergrove 2a has done better based on their standings.
Ok, I can deal with that. I think each Div. winner should play each other for the rights to go. How bout that?
Just sayin':D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its really up to the league on who they send. Unless someone can show me where the rule is in place that says otherwise.
You would think that it is league and Cup winners first off. When the tournament is local its a no brainer but this year its in Prince George and thats a hell of a road trip. Its easy to say your team is going but when it comes right down to it. Alot of guys cant take time off work or afford to go. Lots of guys have summer holidays already planned out with the family and to add another weekend of travel is out of the question especially now with the resession hitting us so hard.
Plus this tournament has been won by Richmond for I dont know how many years and its not an easy feat to win. So if your going ,you need to prepare and alot of guys dont want to take soccer serious in the summer. To have a team from the FVSL head up short or not prepared is a waist. The teams going should in my opiniun be keeners and try to do the FVSL proud.
Im sure the league looks at all the variables for their selection

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be nice if the rules were clearly stated somewhere instead of something being made up on the spot. I think our team would like to go but it would depend on when it is.

Chan Chan

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be nice if the rules were clearly stated somewhere instead of something being made up on the spot.

Here is what the constitution (FVSL Constitution) has to say:

"15. Teams to qualify for the Keith Miller/B cup shall be the Knights League Cup winner plus the highest place team in Division2"

However, two years ago, when we won div 2a the last time, I think they just sent the Cup winner and runner-up (Dewdney and ACBC). Don't you remember that Megr? I think Cantuzzi complained to the league that year, but they turned us down.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is what the constitution (FVSL Constitution) has to say:

"15. Teams to qualify for the Keith Miller/B cup shall be the Knights League Cup winner plus the highest place team in Division2"

However, two years ago, when we won div 2a the last time, I think they just sent the Cup winner and runner-up (Dewdney and ACBC). Don't you remember that Megr? I think Cantuzzi complained to the league that year, but they turned us down.
That year it was Dewdney and Coquitlam Arsenal.....ACBC got disqualified in the semis (sorry Ghouse to bring back painful memories:D) Dewdney did win the Cup, but Arsenal won their Division going undeafeted in league play, pretty sure they were the top Div.2 team then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0