Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
is this some sort of cruel, you guys are getting old and out of shape joke? :oops:
No it's not, dynamo are a big team from what I remember last season, I know you guys have some tall guys also. Looks like you had two close games during the season as well.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Dynamo the first match, could have been 4-4, and 2-2 in our final meeting, with them tying it in injury time. Should be a hell of a match tomorrow night, hope we have a full squad vs those boys. Hopefully the rain holds as well.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2-0 over Celtic. Game finished in the 80th when our striker went down with a broken leg. Was a tough match today hard battled 0-0 at half. Dynamo went up 1-0 in the 60th on a nice headed finish. Then 2-0 in the 70th. We battled hard and played well but Dynamo were simply the stronger team tonight no shame in that. Dynamo were also very classy in assisting our man when he went down which is greatly appeeciated. A classy group of boys who also stick around for a few pints and best of luck in the rest of the cup. Cheers @suburbanator and his group. A speedy recovery to our boy.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ What He Said.

It was a good match, Celtic played their classic defend and counter style waiting for chances, the 1st half was very evenly matched. We came out with a bit if piss and vinegar for the 2nd half and managed to take the lead and then add one when Celtic was pushing.

So sorry to see that guy break his leg, I always hate seeing that (or hearing it...). Hopefully he is ok and recovers quickly. From what I have experienced in the past, it's a lot better than knee injuries or groins etc.. guys always seem to get back at it in 8 weeks... best wishes. If you end up doing a fund raiser for him or anything let us know.

Once again thanks for the match, classy and fun group to play against.

Sub.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly what we all fear when signing-up for rec soccer. Terrible to read about. Something similar, but it was knee, happened to one of our guys last season. Reinjured this year. Prob only played 10 games this season and last combined. Poor kid.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes... Punishment for us winning...

Saturday Semi-Finals vs. Aldergrove Red Devils
Sunday league game vs. SFC ..obviously a big game for everyone hence it being moved forward out of order apparently...

Tuesday league game vs. TWU...

Three games.. 4 nights.....here we come!

Sub.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@suburbanator - we have something similar as well. Two games in one weekend, with the biggest game of our season being the 2nd of 2 games in 2 days. The weather has done an absolute number on the schedule BUT.... I still hate it.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@suburbanator - we have something similar as well. Two games in one weekend, with the biggest game of our season being the 2nd of 2 games in 2 days. The weather has done an absolute number on the schedule BUT.... I still hate it.

Yup it happens.. we will do our best with it.... kind of fun in a way (umm..except I don't actually play so.... I am not speaking for the legs on the field)

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha I don't play either - so I'll just give them fake empathetic looks when they tell me they are tired ;)

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's aldergrove div 2? Rumour they signed prem players for the cup? May just be rumours?. Poco rockets and westcoast united a bit of a suprise semi. Dynamo showing why they are the favourites thus far.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our guys is in good spirits today, turns out he shattered the front bone just above his ankle (tib/fib). Had surgery yesterday. He knows it was a soccer play gone bad and it wasn't malicious.

Cheers to the boys from Langley. Team is all class, cascade failed to mention they took a net down for us when the lights went out. Best of luck rest of the way.

^^^ What He Said.

It was a good match, Celtic played their classic defend and counter style waiting for chances, the 1st half was very evenly matched. We came out with a bit if piss and vinegar for the 2nd half and managed to take the lead and then add one when Celtic was pushing.

So sorry to see that guy break his leg, I always hate seeing that (or hearing it...). Hopefully he is ok and recovers quickly. From what I have experienced in the past, it's a lot better than knee injuries or groins etc.. guys always seem to get back at it in 8 weeks... best wishes. If you end up doing a fund raiser for him or anything let us know.

Once again thanks for the match, classy and fun group to play against.

Sub.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Rabbit I did forget that. We play fvrd weds night I'll let you know how it is. United is no surprise they're a div 2 team at least and playing div 4 due I starting at the bottom. Don't let the division fool you. I see a united vs dynamo final

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Rabbit I did forget that. We play fvrd weds night I'll let you know how it is. United is no surprise they're a div 2 team at least and playing div 4 due I starting at the bottom. Don't let the division fool you. I see a united vs dynamo final
I'm sure united would like another crack at dynamo, I think they got beat 6 or 7-0 by them early on in last years cup . I wouldn't take poco lightly if they have made the semis though. My brother in law is friends with one of the Celtic guys he said your guy's leg is not in good shape. I hope that's not true and he has a speedy recovery!. Hate to see injuries when everyone is just out to have fun. :(

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like SPARTA Choked!!!

Waiting for a game report ZidaneFan

Not going to be a Langley Derby now.
Gunners10 hit it right on the head: For some reason we played a highline and got rocked. We did the same thing against Dynamo this year, with the same result. They were the better team.
I enjoyed playing Westcoast - They are young and fit and pass the ball well. It was a joy to watch them play. Reminded me of days gone by......

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to United on a solid 3-1 win tonight vs. Poco. Can't wait to see them in the finals.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to United on a solid 3-1 win tonight vs. Poco. Can't wait to see them in the finals.

Awesome news, good for our club. Whoever they play in the final will be a huge test of how good they are. Either way I think they just earned a pass to div 2 next year like Pomo blues did when they won the cup 2 or 3 years ago.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
United could have won that by 5 or 6 easy. Weird that was probably their easiest game yet in the semi. Just the luck of the draw I guess. All three goals from set pieces also, surprising from such a small team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0