Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the Men's Open Draw:

Prelim...

Indo vs Surrey U
Inter vs Vantreights
Columbus v FVSL #5
Croatia v Firemen

The Draw...

UBC vs Chilliwack
Langley vs winner of Indo v Surrey
Gorge vs Bays United
Poco vs winner of Inter v Vantreights
Sporting vs Gordon Head
West Van vs winner of Columbus v FVSL #5
PAU vs Sooke Celtic
MetroFord vs winner of Croatia v Firemen

Prelim round april 5/6, rounds every weekend after

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs. Surrey - Next SUNDAY at 2:00 or 3:00.........Location TBA over the next day or two...

Perhaps Sandman can help here? :confused:

As for the other games, no idea at this point. Sorry. :(

MEAT GRINDER

Apr 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU are you ready for a battle. im coming to your cup game on the weekend from sooke.

Good luck you guys, you have had a great season.

SOOKE CELtic

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs Surrey

Two weeks on the trot.....this week Imperial Final, next week Provincial preliminaries. I believe Surrey won both league games. With the parity in the league, it will be hard for Surrey to beat Indo in all 4 games. Surrey has to decide which game means more:p However, with the parity, I wouldn't be surprised with a season split 2 - 2.

Captain,

Good luck this weekend and next.

MEAT GRINDER

Apr 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU ill see you at your cup game on the weekend.GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS HAVE HAD A GRET SEASON. Cant wait for the battle it will be a beauty.

HOW ABOUT A SATURDAY NITE GAME UNDER THE LIGHTS.

celtic

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia/Firemen will probably take place on the Sunday @ 2pm at either Adanac or Hastings. I can also see a Triple header happening at Hastings Bowl, with Inter/Columbus and Us hosting the Prelim games.

PreLim Predictions: VMSL Sweep

Slurrey
Inter
Columbus
Croatia :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MEATHEAD,

Go fcuk yourself! Night game under the lights is gay. We play 12:30 home games. Enjoy the 8am ferry! :D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB: Can't see you using Hastings...nets are already down. It's baseball season!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs Surrey

Two weeks on the trot.....this week Imperial Final, next week Provincial preliminaries. I believe Surrey won both league games. With the parity in the league, it will be hard for Surrey to beat Indo in all 4 games. Surrey has to decide which game means more:p However, with the parity, I wouldn't be surprised with a season split 2 - 2.

Captain,

Good luck this weekend and next.

Thanks, Gilly. We could use every bit of luck we can get.....:)

Both games were close but both teams weren't the same as they are now......we lost 2 - 1 the first game after going up 1 - 0 . Cam Wilson scored both goals....

The second game was 1 - 0 on an 85th minute header on a corner and then we were denied probably the worst penalty miss by a ref in several years. Sheps, who commited the foul, even said afterwards that he couldn't believe there was no call. It was in added time so I'm guessing that's why it wasn't called.........

Either way, I'm anticipating two close games again. If we can limit the amount of set pieces SU has, we will give ourselves a decent chance. It is obviously a strength of SU so we'll have to be smart in our own end. The question is......will Thriller Millar and company have to deal with the 17 year-old Sahil Sandhu? Time will tell and there might be another surprise for SU to deal with. :eek: ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance of a new suit.........1980s will always be a important part of me........:D

Reachoutandtouchfaith CSC

Polyester was so 70s, KNVB...........I might actually be wearing the MEXX jacket that I 'borrowed' from Reedie one year........1991 if I'm not mistaken. Remember that one, Reedie? Still getting good mileage out of it. I have taken the shoulder pads out though, as I almost fit into it now. :(

MEAT GRINDER

Apr 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
guiness new prediction you guys suck,you will lose your cup game,then you will lose to celtic. go fcuk yoursejf you quib.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB: Can't see you using Hastings...nets are already down. It's baseball season!!

Noted.

Triple Header at Adanac I predict then!! Unless for some reason that park is out of commision to due to field maintenance. Then i'll say some turf field.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd vs Indo
Sunday April 6th
3PM
Hugh Boyd Turf

I'd hate to be the third game at Adanac...that field is very fragile.

The league would love to have multiple games in one place, but the availability of facilities is a problem...look for Point Grey and Van Tech to be used.

Sandman

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A home field advantage of sorts for Indo as Hugh Boyd is their practice field.

Given their recent run, I consider Indo to be the favorite and predict them to win this weekend and next. The guys are PUMPED for this weekend and they owe Surrey some payback.

The "kid" to break Miller's ankles and "run over his face" all day - Surrey's backline is VERY slow!

2-0 Indo this weekend
2-1 Indo next weekend

Nostradamus

GETOVERIT! (it seems to be the theme):wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D:wa:
Change of heart, Meat Grinder? :) Up early to make that change of heart? 5:41. :D

Early Bird gets the log.

Some great first round matches, but I don't think either Slurrey or Indo can win both matches. So if you win one and loss the other, which one would you like to win the most.
Should be interesting how these teams come out in the Imperial with the BC game the following week, do you go out and kick the shitt out of each other, or just take it easy and not get any cards or injuries.
Great draw, watch out for the Thriller Elbow!

hos

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs Surrey

I don't think you can give an accurate prediction until after the Imperial Cup...

Who ever wins that game will be in tough to win the rematch....

But all this talk about a very quick and jinky Indo forward (Sahil has been awesome), but is he confirmed for the Provincials?.... doesn't his youth team have a say to who he is cup tied with?:confused:....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0