Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs Surrey

I don't think you can give an accurate prediction until after the Imperial Cup...

Who ever wins that game will be in tough to win the rematch....

But all this talk about a very quick and jinky Indo forward (Sahil has been awesome), but is he confirmed for the Provincials?.... doesn't his youth team have a say to who he is cup tied with?:confused:....

Still up in the air, Defector.......on top of that, there is another small quick forward we're in the process of signing for the weekend. We should know by the end of the day. If Sahil is not there for Sunday, we will battle just as hard........that part of the game will not change. I think it is possible for one of the two teams to win both games..........I just HOPE to fcuk it is us. :D

HOS,

Both teams, I'm guessing will go at each other the same way in each game. To win the Imperial Cup would be MASSIVE for us but I have a feeling it is just as important to Surrey United since they've been there 3 times before and not won. Ironically, if I'm not mistaken, the year SU came into the league Indo won the Imperial Cup that year against Westside, and then went on to beat Westside in the provinicials??????:confused: Let's hope for repeat this year...:) ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
good luck Captain, I'm hoping things work out for you guys after the way your season has gone until the good results of late and the good cup run!

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,
Goodluck this weekend. However, I think a dose of reality is deserved. I watched the majority of your match against Sporting, and from my humble opinion, your lucky to be in the final. Sporting had 4 to 5 glorious chances to finish that game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,
Goodluck this weekend. However, I think a dose of reality is deserved. I watched the majority of your match against Sporting, and from my humble opinion, your lucky to be in the final. Sporting had 4 to 5 glorious chances to finish that game.

Yes, you're absolutely right. We are the luckiest team in the world right now. We have been lucky for the past 4 weeks. Hopefully we can keep the game close and get a bit of luck because luck is what wins games all the time. I hope to fcuk our luck continues this weekend. I wish we had that luck over the entire season because SU definitely wasn't lucky in the last game we played against each other. Not at all.

And thanks for wishing us good luck. We're going to rely heavily on luck so the luck you have offered can only go towards making us more competitive.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: P

Originally posted by: Sandman
The league would love to have multiple games in one place, but the availability of facilities is a problem...look for Point Grey and Van Tech to be used.

This is the problem with the VMSL... Not enough teams have ties with youth clubs that actually have their own facilities!!! Shitty old bad grass pitches will turn your league into a friday night lights on turf league!!! GAY :rolleyes:

The city of Surrey has full park facilities (good grass, turf, changerooms with showers and doesn't monitor drinking) that anyone would be envious of... As a result, the standard in the FVSL is picking up as well... ;)

Updated grass facilities was just something I found VERY frustrating in the VMSL.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So whats next then? Go for the gobble tonight or buy the lottery ticket. Decisions decisions...

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting development.

Due to a contractual issue with his current employer, it appears that Dave Morris will be ineligible to play in Round 2 versus Langley if they advance.

Likely not going to make a huge difference, but any advantage a valley club can gain over a VMSL squad helps.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting development.

Due to a contractual issue with his current employer, it appears that Dave Morris will be ineligible to play in Round 2 versus Langley if they advance.

Likely not going to make a huge difference, but any advantage a valley club can gain over a VMSL squad helps.

That's life........but it will mean **** all if we don't beat Surrey United anyway. :D

His current employer is Soccerwest by the way. Have they put the clamps on him playing? ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting development.

hahahaha excellent :D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: P

The city of Surrey has full park facilities (good grass, turf, changerooms with showers and doesn't monitor drinking) that anyone would be envious of... As a result, the standard in the FVSL is picking up as well... ;)

Updated grass facilities was just something I found VERY frustrating in the VMSL.

Can't have improved that much if your still getting a run:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
His current employer is Soccerwest by the way. Have they put the clamps on him playing? ;)

Perhaps Soccerwest wants employee's that know fukc all about soccer so that they try to sell you the newest advancement in coloured boots.

Kind of like the soccer shop that would hire knut.

Just saw Morris at the shop, and he was telling me that Millar better keep his head up this weekend, should be a great final.

hos

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting development.

Actually I heard he is back training with the Caps and may sign as early as the weekend. Heard if everything goes well in the exhibition game against SFU he is signing and may be done for Sunday's Imperial Cup Final and all of Provincials. You know how the Caps don't like there players playing elsewhere.

Your right it's not gonna make a huge difference why would you want a professional in your line-up? Especially since he has shown he can put the ball in the back of the net after that dreadful PK miss.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0