Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point Grey United 1-2 Vancouver Lobbans. It took a late goal with only a few minutes left to seal it for Lobbans. Point Grey will be a challenge for a lot of teams. A very good keeper, two of the, if not thee, quickest players in this league up front and some new talent along with J. Charles comanding things in the midfield, they'll fair alright.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 0 Crotia 3.
Although Croatia had an edge in play the game could have gone either way. A gift first goal gave Croatia some momentum. Bingers were unlucky not to be even at the half. Sulentic with some nice finish made it 2 - 0 in the second. Croatia's 3rd goal was scored near post from a near impossible angle off the end line.

We were missing a couple of key guys that will help next time around.

Hey Wheat when are you expected back on the field?

Boogienights

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
also

first half could have gone either way with a complacent Croatia, 2nd half was all Croatia, score could have been worse.
First goal would never have happened in Premier, a semi long ball, swing and a miss = breakaway. In Premier or good div 1 team it's chested down and going the other way.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, it does and it did to Surrey on Saturday. Ask HOS. It was his only highlight on the day. :rolleyes:

Premierplayersarepeopletoo.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dizzy,

Thanks for the lesson on what it takes to be a premier/good Div. 1 team. Our aged squad will settle for middle of the pack Div. 1.

No question the ball was misplayed on the first goal, hence the word 'gift'.

We let down after the 3rd goal (was that a pass or shot from the end line?). Prior to the pass that turned into a 3rd goal we had a few glorious chances to score including one inside the 6 and the other a near brilliant one touch shot off a throw in at the edge of the eighteen that just missed. Rather than complacent, I thought both teams were tired in the second half (not ready for match play). Nevertheless, I did say you had the edge in play.

You guys were a fun group to play against and I look forward to the return match.

Boogienights

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACHTUNG!

You are witnesses to a new birth, the dawning of a new age. SASHI'S BACK. Well, almost. The rumours are true. After a long hiatus, some heavy drinking, a tour of europe, an emotional breakup, some more heavy drinking, and an ill-advised tour of duty with a tragic outfit calling themselves the Rangers of Point Grey, Sashi Lalu is returning to the ranks of the Army. The Army is none too pleased after growing tired of answering the ubiquitous question: "Where's Sashi?" Unfortunately they will continue to have to answer the questions: "Where's Max Blink?" and "Who the hell is Binger? (bin-jur)"

So, providing Dr. Alan Bagoo isn't drinking when performing Sashi's surgery, expect to see him back on the field in a month or so--wearing Johnny Phillips old numero "8".

-wheat.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sashi, does Alan Bags still play? I played with him years ago and he was a great talent on the field. Hope the surgery goes well.

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
selective amnesia...

...can't say i remember an Alan Bags. But i have trouble remembering anything from that phase of my decline. I have tried to block it all out as best as i can. But I do remember there was a wanker called Trotic who was a shocking excuse for midfielder...

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ill-advised?

Sashi:

If it was ill-advised and I advised you, that makes me... ill? Or maybe I'm more like your Stephen Kelly fall guy. In any respect, your contribution to that ill-fated season of relegation wasn't enough, although you did slot your peno (unlike some), and you didn't score on your own goal. Enough of that. :)

The purple peril will be stronger with your presence, there is no doubt. I just hope that you inherit the skill characteristics of the former number 8, but not the crocked-up, injury-plagued tendencies.

while i am rooting for PGR in div 2, in div 1 i say, "viva les aubergines"!

max

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max Blink,

Good to hear there is a still a spot in your heart for the Army. You indeed have purple blood in your veins. Send us a new picture instead of that old George Wellian shot we have, and we will sign you for any possible returns to the contininent. We almost had the German hard man signed but will have to wait another year. How about you?

Will you continue to be Sashi's Sensei through his recovery and return to the VMSL? One can only hope.

Sensei Max Blink, what are your thoughts for this week? Mine are as follows:

Bosna 0 Olympics 0 - Ho Hum
Norburn 2 P.Grey 1 - Who Knows
Lobbers 1 Norvan 4 - Norvan in mid-season form
Bingers 2 WUPed 1 - Win without SashiLalu. Seece will score.
Croatia 2 Iresomes 1 - Ires still flat after summer cup collapse

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice picks

boogie:

i agree with all of your picks, my expert opinion being informed entirely by TTP and the excellent site. sad to hear that the German hard man is still MIA, but he'd only cramp your style as the enforcer.

I know I take a bad picture, but I never imagined that I would ever look as ugly as George Wellian. ;)

best of luck for the season. how many years till louis joins up with the senior squad? :)

max

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bogie'nights; your predictions made me laugh!! Lobbans 6-2 Norvan. In all honesty the scoreline did flatter .....................Norvan!:cool: Maybe 1 of your 5 picks will be right-tit! Max Blink
i agree with all of your picks
lol:rolleyes:

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 1 Polska 3

Two games within a game. First half Bingers with a slight edge in play and 1 - 0 lead at the break. Polska scored 3 in the second and dominated at times. If they had any finish they could have easily scored another 3 or 4. Polska had good speed all over the park. Bingers were no where near match fit and combined with only two subs, both of whom are well ensconced in their forties, could not match the energy of Polska. Mr. Blink, we could have used Lewis this weekend. However he is probably not going to join us for a couple of years. He currently plays U11.

....The sour whining from Polska after each call against was tedious, pathetic, and somewhat comical in a sad sort of way. Play the fcuking game and shut the H E double hockey sticks up. We all bitch now and then at the ref, but not on every bloody call. Ridiculous. Grow up.

boogienights

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bogieman, here's a prediction just for you. An absolute drubbing when Lobbans meet Bingers Cubscouts! Looks like bingers could do with some rope or a forfeit:eek:

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector half-baked,

I was hoping for predictions for the coming weekend. Our match is aways off. Lobbers are no doubt a quality side and we will be in tough. How bad will the drubbing be? I would like to know ahead of time so we can decide if we need to forfeit.

Boog

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
boogie, here are my predictions; Club I. 2-1 Polska Lobbans 4-0 Bosna Point Grey 1-1 Croatia Bignerds 0-2 Olympics Norvan 4-1 Norburn

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans are muppets

Suicide is very funny!!!

keep up the good work in this thread you two, all of your posturing is highly entertaining.

Club I 1 Polska 1
Lobbans 2 Bosna 1
Point Grey 0 Croatia 3
Bingers 1 Olympics 1
Norvan 2 Norburn 0

max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money