Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DeadBeat

you played possom to get a tie, and now you're bragging like you guys are something special?? you're a good "team" with little individual talent.
This usually happens when a team is up 1 nil in the last 20 minutes. No ones bragging the Lobbans were lucky with a tie and was even posted by IB. Long story short there's a reason why you were probably demoted from premiere. You can't score in close games and you whine too much.

The Ghost:D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a clown

dark, stop getting all bent out of shape. CDK was the one with the numpty question which I answered. I thought I made it perfectly clear that we were always going to be happy with the tie on the day.Agree or disagree with that way of thinking all you like. Whatever makes you happy. I'd hardly call this bragging. I'll give you an example of bragging--"Darkmeat, would you like to see my National medals?" The fact is you were the better team, but were not good enough to beat us on the weekend. As well, in the first tilt back in Oct, you're keeper denied our forward on a breakaway in the dying seconds which could've resulted in a win for us. A game in which we played for the win. So don't label us a defensive team because of 1 game! We're 2nd in the league in goals for don't forget. But I digress, that is bragging:D

timefordarkmeattomoveon :rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake,

Darkmeat's right. Your defense didn't really shut down anybody. There were too many Croatia scoring chances to say that your defenders did a good job. Lobbans often looked to be thanking God after every Croatia miss. Same with the Polska team standing behind the net. I think that was Polska, I can't see why anyone else would care enough? Any of the fans at the 'nationals' and 'provincial finals' really care if your team won or not?;)

Actually, IB, I didn't really want to reply to you. I was intending to TTP Jinky on his spelling of repartee... but I chickened out.:eek:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of tits.....Bosna?

This just in.

Club Ireland 9

Bosna 2

Apparently Club I were losing 2 - 0 with half an hour left before the floodgates opened.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct

It is true. They scored 2 goals totally against the flow of play in the first half. We should have had the game in the bag by that point anyways. But as usual we like to make things hard on ourselves. We finally put one by the keeper and I asked the ref how much time is left and he said 31mins. After that it was quite pathetic with us finally putting the ball in the net. The goalie could have had a couple of them but for the most part it was tap in's. Big three points for us in the midst of a rain and hail storm. I would say the game was played on the grass fields of King George but it was basically a field of mud.

I guess it is a good result for us going into the break.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was still in doubt until the Captain scored, quite possibly, the best free-kick EVER. It was the 6th goal and you could see them fold the tent at that point. :D :rolleyes: :p

Parkhead scored the all important 3rd goal on another cracker.....:)

Either way, it sets things up for a great night tonight at the Minoru Pavillion......:)

DJ Bomb from Belfast.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats on the 9-2 drubbing!

To far out for moi, so I took in the Norburn/Croatia game nearer home! Croatia were strong for the 1st 10 or so then it tapered out until the final 15. With Norburn down 1 nil and the rain coming down most outsiders left with a min or 2 left. 1-1 the final:eek: #7 in the middle for Croatia looked very rusty. Once again the number 11 came on late, and created everything for Croatia. #10 who scored for Croatia wasn't bad as he too came on late. Perhaps some coaching skills are what Croatia need.The rest of Croatia were mediocre.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darkmeat, if you are infact darko(#7), the string bean in the middle, then you are utter sh1te!! Learn to take your chances, such as the one near the end of the game, which would've given you the full 3points.;) If it wasn't you then I digress, but all the hype about the #7 was certainly blown out of proportion! Bag'o'shyte

C'mon Polska...........:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More on yesterday's debacle......

Bosna had 12 players there and they were fcuking hopeless. Bosna will be relegated this year. It honestly could have been 15 or 16 - 2. The field was a joke. Thanks metro league for putting uson King George instead of McNair. It was so bad the ref even considered postponing the game upon his arrival. We scored 9 goals in the last 30 minutes. Club I Champ came on and played very well. At least the Bosnans handled to loss without doing anything stupid. Overall, a big three points. I figure we need 4 points in our last 4 games to assure safety from relegation or even a playoff.......

Captain

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darkmeat

it would be tough to pick out a player on your team that has played at such huge venues such as provincials and nationals.

so what you're saying is just because you have played in a provincial or national championship, that means you're a good player??? gimme a fcukin break. you should be embarrassed to even mention something so absurd, nevermind brag about it. half the bloody premier league has done that. they are great accomplishments as a team, but don't mean you are even an average player.

So you are saying that Lobbans do not have any players good enough to play at the Nationals? or are you saying you just have to be a good team player to play at the Nationals?

Your post can be a little confusing at times.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Darkmeat, if you are infact darko(#7)"

...is this why they call you inspector?? youre quite brilliant!!

we shite the bed and didnt deserve 3 points. good time for a vacation.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey

first quote was sarcasm. how many people actually watch...not many.

second quote...good teams play in provs and ntnls, but every good team has bad players.

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefinedundefined

Lobbans vs Pingers 3-0 Lobbans need to get this one out of the way

Norburn vs Van Oly's 2-3 Norburn will fade too much turkey

Pt.Grey vs Bosna 3-0 Another nail in the coffin

Norvan vs Club I 1-3 Young legs will prevail

Darkmeats ZERO's vs Polska 3-3 will be the game of the week

Ghost :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 4 Norvan 3

Another defensive battle. The score could have been 8 - 8. Seriously. Anyway we went down 2 - 0 and then 3 - 1 in the second half. Three unanswered goals gave us the points. Club I Champ with two, Parkhead with one, and the Polish prince with the winner.....

Captain

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good battle at Hastings Bowl on Sunday. I thought the game was fairly even until the last 20, when Polska took control and were going for the win instead of perhaps preserving the tie. A typical counter attack late, and Croatia with a great 2nd goal to take all 3 pts. Both teams could easily have had more goals, but some lack of finishing was the case. As far as promotion goes, I believe Van. Oly's could possibly do Polska a favour this weekend when they play the Croat's. As well, Lobban's could help Croatia out, if need be, when we(Lobban's) meet Polska. :cool:

On another note; Lobbans will be looking for a little payback this weekend vs the Ire's!!

Predictions:

Van. Oly's 1-1 Croat's (depends on how soon #17 comes on for Croatia)
Club. I 1-2 Lobbans (tight game-Inspector remains calm :cool: )
Point Grey 2-4 Norvan
Polska 6-0 Bosna (Bosna=sh1te!!)
Bingers 2-0 Norburn (Bingers will grind this 1 out)

reedr

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGU 2 Club Ireland 2

not sure what to say about this one, aside from the fact that we played with 9 guys against their full squad until the half (0-0). we picked up an extra guy and played with ten for the rest and pulled out the 2-2 draw. too bad considering that we were up 2-1 with 15 or so to go...when they popped in a loose one. ref had the chance to make a call but didn't. oh well. not a bad result for us, considering what we were up against.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
reedr said:
PGU 2 Club Ireland 2

not sure what to say about this one, aside from the fact that we played with 9 guys against their full squad until the half (0-0). we picked up an extra guy and played with ten for the rest and pulled out the 2-2 draw. too bad considering that we were up 2-1 with 15 or so to go...when they popped in a loose one. ref had the chance to make a call but didn't. oh well. not a bad result for us, considering what we were up against.

reedr,

Great result for you guys today. You worked very hard. We were shoc-king. Although, we did hit the post 4 times and had a number of chances cleared off the line. But that is to be expected when you're two men down. You're a good bunch of guys and I hope you stay up. Cheers.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0