Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Toronto vs. Philidelphia.

How will this series pan out?

• Toronto in four.:mad:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philly in four.

• Toronto in five.:mad:

• Philly in five.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Toronto in six.:mad:

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Philly in six.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Toronto in seven.:mad:

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Philly in seven.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Leafs suck

Originally posted by downtown
Philly in 5. Those hopeless, whining, leafs deserve to go early. Not a big fan of the Flyers either - hope we see some fights in this one with Domi and Brashear beating the crap out each other

Philly in 5? Good prediction:rolleyes:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cry baby!!!!!!

Just like all the Leafs...

I'm taking my puck, and going home....
Corson's days with Leafs over?

TSN.ca Staff

4/15/2003

It looks as though Shayne Corson's days as a Toronto Maple Leaf may be over.
Sources told TSN that Corson, who was a healthy scratch last night for Game 3 against Philadelphia, met with Head Coach and General Manager Pat Quinn yesterday and a decision was reached during that meeting that Corson would no longer play or practice with the club. Corson was not at Leaf practice today.
"Shayne has resigned from the club," media relations director Pat Park confirmed Tuesday.
Whether that decision remains final remains to be seen. Corson is clearly unhappy with his diminished role on the Maple Leafs this season.
"He'd gone from being someone who was happy-go-lucky and effervescent to someone who shows his emotions," Rick Curran, Corson's agent, told The Fan, an all-sports radio station in Toronto. "What it came down to was the game wasn't any fun for him.
"He just felt that he couldn't keep going this way. He knew what it was doing to him. As of (Monday night), he made the decision he wasn't going to be able to continue."
Added Curran: "I think it was the right thing for Shayne to do. Talking to him (Tuesday), he sounds a lot more relieved than he has for quite a while."
Corson's contract expires at the end of this season, but there is a club option.
It's believed, howewver, that the Maple Leafs are not interested in exercising that option.
Corson was in the final year of a three-year contract that paid him $2.45 million US this season.
He appeared in only 46 games and had 15 points including a career-low seven goals, and 49 penalty minutes. Injuries twice took him out of the lineup, and he missed the final five games due to illness. He was also a healthy scratch for seven straight games in February. Corson said at the time he had never been a healthy scratch in his NHL career.
In 1,139 regular-season games in 18 seasons with Montreal, Edmonton, St. Louis, Montreal again, and Toronto, the six-foot-one native of Barrie, Ont., has 268 goals, 415 assists and 2,328 penalty minutes. In 133 playoff games, he had 38 goals, 48 assists and 277 penalty minutes.
He played in NHL all-star games in 1990, 1994 and 1998.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Sportsnet.ca

TORONTO -- On a morning dominated by discussion of Shayne Corson's resignation from the Toronto Maple Leafs, the most dramatic development was the announcement that Alexander Mogilny is suffering from concussion symptoms and is out of the Toronto lineup indefinitely.

Mogilny, who was the leading goal scorer in the playoffs going into Wednesday's action with five goals, was thought to have recovered after being clipped by Jeremy Roenick's stick in the second overtime period in Toronto's 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference quarter-final series on Monday.

But Mogilny, who was cut on the chin, failed a late-afternoon neuro-psychological test Tuesday, indicating he has symptoms related to a concussion.

"He had a downturn yesterday," Toronto coach and GM Pat Quinn told a group of reporters just hours before Game 4 Wednesday. "The report wasn't where we needed to have it."

There were "enough symptoms to say he shouldn't be playing tonight," Quinn said.

Mogilny will be re-tested Thursday and his availability for Game 5 Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia remains uncertain.

Mogilny has been Toronto's best player as they carried a 2-1 series lead into Wednesday's fourth game. He has one assist to go with his five goals.

As for Corson, his name plate has been removed from his dressing room stall and replaced with that of AHL call-up Alexei Ponikarovsky. Corson's name has also been removed from the official game notes.

Quinn said he encouraged his players to forget the issue and move on.

"I've asked our guys to park it. Let's get going forward here," he said.

Corson, a healthy scratch in Game 3, met briefly with Quinn after the game and told him he was resigning.

"Simple as that," Quinn said.

Corson told Toronto papers he was frustrated with his diminished role with the team and worried how it was affecting his health and that he didn't want the issue to become a distraction.

The 36-year-old has battled panic attacks along with a host of physical ailments since signing with the Leafs as a free agent in July 2000.

Corson's agent Rick Curran alluded to a schism in the Leafs dressing room in saying that some players would be disappointed that Corson was no longer part of the team, "and there will be those who are happy."

Neither Quinn nor captain Mats Sundin would comment on Corson's presence in the dressing room.

"It's an unfortunate situation for everybody," Sundin said. "I'm going to stop there."

Forward Darcy Tucker, who is also Corson's brother-in-law, said people who don't understand what Corson is dealing with shouldn't judge him.

"When you're in that state of mind and you're physical well-being is at question, decisions have to be made. The main thing for him is to get everything in order health-wise," Tucker said. "I think he's at peace with his decision."

Close friend and teammate Travis Green was also supportive.

"He's my friend first," said Green. "He's going to be my friend for a long time. The biggest concern is his well-being."

Quinn told the team of Corson's decision at a team meeting Tuesday and said he did not make the news public earlier in case Corson wanted to reconsider.

"I didn't want it all the way out there," Quinn said.

Quinn said it's unlikely Corson could return now and Tucker said he gave odds that Corson would retire at 70-30.

"He didn't want to deal with the stress of hockey," Tucker said.

Corson was a member of Canada's Olympic team in 1998 and played in a number of international tournaments for Canada.

A combination of injuries and inconsistent play that saw him made a healthy scratch for the first time in his career, limited Corson to only 46 games this season.

He scored only twice in 32 playoff games with the Leafs. He was minus-2 in the first two games of the Philadelphia series

Just keeps getting better for the Leafs. Although, their ability to rally around such events is what got them through to the Eastern Conference finals last year....

I still say Philly needs all their bigs playing at peak performance if they want to win this series. Amonte and Primeau have been lethargic at times and the production has gone for shite, with 1 point between the pair in the first three games. They've combined for a -3 rating as well.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rate this.....Fcuking 3 - 2. 75 - 38 in shots. Fcuking domination. Let's get rid of these fcuking Leafs. The only thing more annoying than the Leafs is a DCS Chicken shite who doesn't put up the title 24 - 7.

Go Flyers! Recchi is magic.....

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hot off the presses...

A Captain/Parkhead bet brought to you by the good folks at Budweiser.

A flat on the line if Philly beats Jersey, should they meet at some point in the playoffs.

Its nice to see the inside of the Shamrock pad, rather than just the outside trying to keep Captain from falling into the ditch...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Czechmanek is a fcuking sieve. Nice decision to throw the stick and try and put the glove on right before a fcuking shot from the corner. He is fcuking useless......

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was bound to be asked sooner or later, so . . .

Who the hell takes a slap shot on a peno?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Czechmanek is a fcuking sieve. Nice decision to throw the stick and try and put the glove on right before a fcuking shot from the corner. He is fcuking useless......

You must be kidding right. ;) I believe I must have told you this twenty times they will lose because Belfour is better than him. Glad to see you are finally starting to listen to rational thinking.:rolleyes:

Say good bye to your Flyers, as they will be Golfing tomorrow. Too bad really because I would liked the free case of beer that you would have owed me otherwise.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking.........EEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYY

How about them cnuting stinking Leafs? Fcuking cheating cnuts. What a fcuking waxing. Tre-men-dous.......

Go Flyers!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Useless

All those trades for nothing but an early tee time tomorrow.

Only the Leafs wouldn't show up for a Game 7.

As usual they deserve every bit of it.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm so happy the Leafs are out, the leafs are out, the leafs are out.

I hate the leafs, this is going to get me much ammo at work for the next few months.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by BlazeArmy
I'm so happy the Leafs are out, the leafs are out, the leafs are out.

I hate the leafs, this is going to get me much ammo at work for the next few months.

Totally agree with you, Blaze. It is going to be a great day at work for me rubbing it into all the leaf fans I work with.

I guess Toronto is the only place that leafs fall in the spring :D :wa:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad thing is that Belfour was probably Tronna's 1st star tonight. Six bloody goals past him and he's still your best player. Speaks volumes for the cast of dinosaurs the Leafs trotted out for seven games this postseason. Howabout the dickhead analysts on The Score describing Robert's goal as "one which gave us all hope for the Leafs" - what are you, fcuking cheerleaders? The Leafs got throttled tonight and - guess what - Primeau comes through with a big two-point effort, doubling his production from the previous six games versus the Maple Leafs. Go Keith Go. No wonder he wears the C.

This could be the momentum builder the Flyers need to win the East - as I see it, the conference is wide open and Philly has as good a shot as anybody right now.

Toronto - 36 years and counting. You can stop running those retarded "Silver Cup" song bits right about now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0