Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

rrsl 2007

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Club I - VPd game last night while our team was playing Alemania. some outstanding refereeing in their game. The "ref" ( i use the term lightly), fired Sidewinder fron the lines after about 15 minutes. The second guy gets one the flag and 10 minutes later there is a bad call by the ref as ball was a good 2 feet out and the flag went up but was ignored.

the ref then runs to the sideline.

"give me the flag"

" the ball was 2 feet out "

" give me the flag "

" But,"

" give me the flag or i am going home"

" give me the flag or i am going home"

He sounded like a 4 year old at that point who wanted his toy. Anyway, shoc-king to say the least. Offsides were called that were not even close from 40 yards away, obvious offsides were missed. Quite a performance really. He wasn't even reffing our game but it was so fun to watch i spent a bunch of time watching their game instead of ours. I should have started lining their game too but figured he had no sense of humor and would have taken his ball and gone home with it.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze;

I have to correct your commentary. The "ref" actually said to Bruce 'give me my flag back'.

Its a good job it was a Club I. ball or else i,m sure he would have taken it and gone home.

Possible the worst display of reffing ever seen and without doubt the most comical.I was relieved of the flag for calling a throw in rather than a corner,after twice telling the ref that the ball was several feet out of play on the sidelines.

VPD goal scored by a handball/kick combo,our first goal a phantom penalty, numerous corners instead of goal kicks,offside errors,disallowed goal,missed throw ins because the flag was in his bag,etc,etc.

We came out of the game with a 2-2 tie and only 1 yellow. The cops had many[mostly unjustified]yellows.

This ref. is dangerous and should never be allowed to officiate in this league again. Will Mr K. take note of the e-mail he will be getting?

Maybe other "witnesses" can add their comments.

Sidewinder

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze;

I have to correct your commentary. The "ref" actually said to Bruce 'give me my flag back'.

shite. that's actually the line. You couldn't make it any funnier than it was.

HIs yellow cards were amazing terrible too. Definitely a " Look at me, I'm the referee. it's my game not yours, type of guy ".

Feel happy you got a ref. our 9pm game ref was a no show. Not that turf costs us money or anything. :rolleyes: We ended up playing a half with Russ reffing. Your ref was probably better. Mind you, i had a referee is a wanker chant going for a good 5 minutes while playing goal. :D

Allemania 2 Whichever version of RFC it was 2

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet it was Father John.

We know who father john is. It was someone noone from Club I or my side had ever seen before and i am sure the VPD guys didn't know him either.

Whoever he was, he should be doing 7 year olds. Girls preferably. It would have been better if eddie was reffing. Or Dante even.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Father John is a FIFA quality ref compared to the "gentleman"we had last night.

By the way Russ thank you for the Stella. Ladner coolers obviously contain quality compared to or poor mans local brews.

Going back to the ref. He did want to start the game at 6.30 sharp despite the fact that VPD were still arriving and had not yet got the net up or corner flags in.

Sidewinder

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Father John is a FIFA quality ref compared to the "gentleman"we had last night.

By the way Russ thank you for the Stella. Ladner coolers obviously contain quality compared to or poor mans local brews.

Going back to the ref. He did want to start the game at 6.30 sharp despite the fact that VPD were still arriving and had not yet got the net up or corner flags in.

Sidewinder

Do you honestly think Russ would have Stella? He normally brings warm Pilsener.

I sent the beer over to thank you for the nets. He used as an excuse to steal lineup sheets from you.

:D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stella in the summer and Coors light in the winter? You guys must have signed up a shiteload of players to be able to afford that.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No nets,no team lists,no organized cooler! What is this Rangers outfit?

Maybe the ref we had was sent for your game. When he came he did say he had no idea which teams he was supposed to ref or which of the 2 fields he was supposed to be on. As John Burns had gone to your field he said"guess I must be on this field. It dosent matter which game I do does it?' Little did we know1

Sidewinder

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
But if he had been doing our game the line calling would have been perfect. :D

I got back from California late Monday night. The cooler guy isn't playing until may and the nets and flags are at home as i forgot the RRSL has each team do one net. As for our organization, we have been too busy arranging the annual golf tourney and wrap up party. Where we are celebrating our supreme mediocrity and excellent 2nd place finish in the CAT "B" League. :rolleyes:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Blacks 3- Delta Utd 4
Decent game out in Delta last night. We (AllBlacks) were up 2-0 early and had some chances to put the game away, but decided to pass it back to their goalie instead of shooting!. They tied it up with a couple decent goals. We went up 3-2 through some hard work and pressure, only to have them tie it up about 5 mins later. Then they score a classy goal (header off a cross)on the final whistle to win 4-3. Fairly strong team as far as summer soccer goes. Weak through GK and D, but strong in MF and forwards. The Rogers brothers and Paul Dolan (that's right) were among the notables. We are a mix of 2 teams and random guys, like myself, so it'll take a few games to get to know each other (there's my excuse). Our ref was average, missed a few calls, but nothing that determined the outcome of the game. Decent start to the summer campaign.

TS

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok. I didn't ask but thanks for clearing that up.

You are probably enjoying your golf membership every chance you get. Assuming you can with 2 kids.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
7:48 saturday morning... best-ball qualifying match with 4ST GMP.

I will play against you guys, though. We will be sure that Sparky and Jolly will be available that game as well as Dolan. I think we signed Randy Samuel too. Does anyone have Paul Peschisoledo's phone number handy?

:wa:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
which bunch of us? we have 2 teams.

we have split up.

it doesn't matter. you will never ever score on me.

we may lose 10-0 but you will get 0 goals.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is their a website for this League

Westside / RU game decided in really nice strike and we could blame
the Ref but his calls went both ways
New Ref who really wanted to call a good game and was up with play
just seemed he like he ref'd Juvee soccer more then mens
and the calls showed it

Members online

Your TTP Wallet