Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL Summer 2005 Results & Banter - Div 2

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Is this Div 2 anything like the FVSL Div 2? God I hope not...

It's probably comparable to that god awful league that you play in during the summer :D. Mind you, at least you lot come prepared with Geegers and a BBQ. Our beer man's a Scotsman :rolleyes:

'nuff said really

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 2 - WFC Rangers 2

Good game. Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible ref. Both teams were shocked at some of the calls that he made.

We put 2 past smalley in their net early and they came back to tie before the half was over after i gave up a pretty PK and they got a nice bounce on a ball played into the box.

2nd half was not much drama other than some terrible ref calls, one of our players decidng he'd try rugby for awhile and some unfinished chances by both sides.

2-2 was a fair result.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I know it's late but hey it's summer league! :wa:

I'm not sure who we played at South Memorial last Tuesday night but I gotta tell you...if this is what I've come to in my soccer journey....I might as well hang'em up!!! :eek:

2-2 verse some absoulte shite bunch of plumbers? OPPS my mistake we are all a bunch of plumbers....awful fitba...absolute shite ref. Oh well! It's summer who really gives a rats arse?

This Tuesday I plan on consuming several hop like beverages to easy the pain of playing in Div 2. :D

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speak for yourself 5BigToes...Oh yeah, I forgot...we're teammates again...I agree with everything you said, aside from, "we're all a bunch of plumbers". That's just a temporary condition you picked up by playing with the AllBlacks...I'm sure you'll be fine soon...VPD 3-0 over some young guys wearing the most attractive uniforms I've ever seen (almost felt bad beating them - Club Ireland (?)). You forgot to mention the state of the pitch - Excuse #1 for the lack of quality ball, followed closely by lack of talent...

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so 5bt doesn't feel too bad about posting late...

last week Club I 1 - RUFC 1
Club I's goal in the 1st minute. Their goalscorer was the only player from their team who had touched the ball at that point. :(

This week Cobras (I believe) 1 RUFC 3
Cobras goal coming in the last minute.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread has been pretty bare for the past couple of months, so I thought I'd get it going again by asking if anyone saw our Club I vs The Idiots match last Tuesday night?

I'd love to know which piece of shite from RU decided to prove his manliness by launching a two-footed, studs-up, over-the-top challenge on one of our smallest players, in what is supposed to be a 'summer recreational league'?!?!?! What a fcuking star!

I have to say that the rivalry between ourselves and the Idiots over the past couple of years has cooled off in terms of bitterness or nastiness, and emerged as a healthy competitive rivalry...until last Tuesday night apparently. I was out of town on business, so, I didn't see the challenge, but I've come back to hear about this cowardly act from our game last week.

For any of the Idiots who read this, has this player been spoken to about his lack of brain power? When someone from your team launches himself into such a premeditated action, then gets up and screams out that he got the ball and that it wasn't a foul, has to be told he is a complete fcuking moron by his team.

Is the whole point of summer soccer not to go out and have some fun on the pitch, then enjoy a few cold beers? It blows my mind that someone could be that stupid, I mean, we all have to get up the next morning and go to work, so what does launching a challenge like this prove? Are we getting paid to play out there? Fcuk no! (Unless your name's Titus, Morris, Heald, or Jordan) We all go onto the field to enjoy some competitive footy and fun banter with the opposition.

I'd really like to know if any of the other RUFC lads have told this muppet what a twat he is, as his actions reflect poorly not just on himself, but on every player who pulls on a RUFC jersey. Has any of his teammates urged him to call our Club I player to apologize for his actions?

Hopefully the some of you guys like Walks or D-man can fill me in, or at the very least, confirm that Coach Frank has had a word. The fact that the referee only yellow carded the RUFC player doesn't tell me the challenge had an element of legitimacy, as I have heard who the match official was on the night...the Richmond Summer Leagues most bald, deaf, and blind referee ever!!!

After last Tuesday night, our Div. 1 matchup against the Idiots this Thursday night should prove to be a right beauty!

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the some of you guys like Walks or D-man can fill me in, or at the very least, confirm that Coach Frank has had a word. The fact that the referee only yellow carded the RUFC player doesn't tell me the challenge had an element of legitimacy, as I have heard who the match official was on the night...the Richmond Summer Leagues most bald, deaf, and blind referee ever!!!

I'm only going on reports too but by all accounts the 'tackle' was disgusting. When a leg is broken just below the knee the 'tackle' might have been a little on the side of pre-meditated. I also heard from one of our directors who helped start the club that there were actually complaints from the other sideline to get the player off and if they knew it was going to be that long, they could have ended the game earlier and gone home. If this is true(again I can't say for sure as I wasn't there), this is fcuking disgusting and out of order. Wee Tommy Smith is out for at least 6 months now because of this 'went for the ball' challenge. I know who the culprit is and I wouldn't put is past him to do that. I've seen him try it before. It might not be a bad idea to sit him on Thursday night for everybody's sake. Letters have been written to the league about the incident and who knows where they will go but our managers who were there felt strongly enough that the 'tackle' had to be addressed, so I'm guessing it wasn't a 'was going for the ball" challenge.

jaco

Jun 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I'm only going on reports too but by all accounts the 'tackle' was disgusting. When a leg is broken just below the knee the 'tackle' might have been a little on the side of pre-meditated. ........ Wee Tommy Smith is out for at least 6 months now because of this 'went for the ball' challenge. I know who the culprit is and I wouldn't put is past him to do that. I've seen him try it before.

I hope Tommy heals up well.

Over the course of a season, how (un)common are these "disgusting" tackles resulting in serious injuries?

Are they more common in the upper divs?

I'm really amazed that the guy who did it has a history of it and is still doing it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaco said:
I hope Tommy heals up well.

Over the course of a season, how (un)common are these "disgusting" tackles resulting in serious injuries?

Are they more common in the upper divs?

I'm really amazed that the guy who did it has a history of it and is still doing it.

It's a way to 'prove' yourself to the boys. Hard man stuff despite the cowardliness of the act. It's even better when you couldn't be bothered to see how the lad was doing, especially if it wasn't on purpose and was just going for the ball. It is really easy to break someone's leg if you really wanted to. Fortuntely, no one on our club has EVER done that in 23 years. If they did(on purpose) there were be major repercussions for the player.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess it would too much to ask for pictures, eh?

Seriously, that sucks big time. To break a leg in summer league -- fcuking shocking. I hope clear heads prevail next game and gentlemen show up to play. This offender needs to have serious sanctions against him if that was his intent and style of playing. Best wishes to the injured.

jaco

Jun 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
It's a way to 'prove' yourself to the boys. Hard man stuff despite the cowardliness of the act. It's even better when you couldn't be bothered to see how the lad was doing, especially if it wasn't on purpose and was just going for the ball. It is really easy to break someone's leg if you really wanted to. Fortuntely, no one on our club has EVER done that in 23 years. If they did(on purpose) there were be major repercussions for the player.

Was Tommy singled out for some reason or was he just the innocent victim of this act?

Nice to hear that its a rare occurrance for this to take place.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaco said:
Was Tommy singled out for some reason or was he just the innocent victim of this act?

Nice to hear that its a rare occurrance for this to take place.

Innocent victim. The wee man has never done anything dirty. Despite being a Liverpool fan, he is a good kid.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My twopeneth for what its worth......

It appeared to me that having chased the ball for a number of yards our guy slid in with every intention to win the ball - he didn't though claims he touched the ball in the tackle.

I acknowledge its tough to see a player hurt (Christ knows I seen Jarvie on the deck twice now and Lean as well) but I really believe the intention to hurt wasn't there and that these sort of posts do nothing for either club going foward.

One or two of the Club I players did very well keeping things relatively calm and indeed themselves suggested it was an accident. Most of the real "mouth" only came from the sidelines who were 20/30 yards away oh and CIC of course...... :rolleyes:

RUFC is having a crack down on players who get in trouble, hurt the team and the clubs reputation. Jim Frank did ask my opinion just after and the above is how I saw it.

Wishing the fella a speedy recovery

Will

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I want to be as diplomatic as possible here, because I know and like the two Club I members who have posted here (in fact I like most Club I members), and I understand that we all get defensive when one of our own gets hurt … and contrary to comments made above ... no-one (not even the Idiots) likes to see anyone get hurt.

I was there, on the pitch, two steps away from the tackle when it occurred … It was a hard tackle, and the lad got hurt ... that much is true. RUFC assisted in aiding the player – with one of our players (who is a registered nurse) taking charge of treating the kid until medical help arrived.

RUFC has been on the wrong side of 3 broken legs in the past 2 seasons. We have not felt the need to burden league executives with lengthy letters …the referee was right there and a call was made … why the need to write a letter?

It all seems a bit self-righteous to me.

The reality is … both teams spent 45 minutes at their respective sidelines staying warm waiting for the Ambulance to arrive. During that time, players from Club I spent much of that time shouting threats of payback and retribution – something I’d suggest is far more (or at least equally) concerning than a tackle during the run of play.

In fact, it was concerning enough to the referee that after 45 minutes of waiting to resume play, he opted to abandon the match. Not because of the tackle, but, I believe, because of Club Ireland’s threats of violence and “payback”.

So I’m sure your Club will take decisive action against those whose un-gentlemanly conduct caused the game to be abandoned.

Glass houses ……..

(Burno and Capt - Being the devil's advocate, remember there are two sides to every story)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy said:
Glass houses ……..
Likewise I (vaguely) remember being kicked squarely in the face this past season by a Club I player who had no hope of being anywhere near the ball. I wonder if he received any discipline from his team. :rolleyes:

A beer, from the Captain, most likely.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any time a keeper as shite as you is anywhere near the ball, the opposing player has a very good chance to win it. I don't reccommend a boot in the face though, simply standing back and waiting for you to "clear" the ball 25 feet straight up in the air ought to do it.

Are you sure it wasn't one of your own team-mates that kicked in your coupon?

BTW, Ginge or Willy, granted wee Tommy has legs you could clean a hash pipe with but exactly who was the idiot in question who missed the biology class which explained the difference between a walking appendage and a football?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Likewise I (vaguely) remember being kicked squarely in the face this past season by a Club I player who had no hope of being anywhere near the ball. I wonder if he received any discipline from his team. :rolleyes:

A beer, from the Captain, most likely.

Yah, you're so hard done by. Did you finish the game? Was that the game where you dropped a ball in the air too giving Club I the win? Probably. It was a fellow German who went in on a 50/50 and it wasn't his fault you didn't know how to come out after a ball. Yes, he was disciplined. He was questioned as to why he backed off that challenge. Might I digress.....

He got two beers by the way.....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0