Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickey mouse

Claudio Caniggia has hit out at Rangers manager Alex McLeish as the Argentine World Cup star prepares to leave Glasgow.
The veteran striker is upset at being released by the club after helping Rangers to the Treble.

Caniggia insists McLeish had promised to get him an extension to his contract - and went on to claim that Rangers only won the SPL title because Celtic were tired.

"Alex McLeish has deeply disappointed me as a person and as a coach," Caniggia told the Scottish Sun.

"He misled me the whole season.

"Alex McLeish has shown himself to be soft - like Mickey Mouse. He is as lightweight as paper

"Let's face it, Rangers only won the league because Celtic were so obsessed with winning the Uefa Cup.

I've changed my tune on Claudia. She alright ater all.:p

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't like the sounds of this.....

Spanish midfielder covets return to Spain

MIKEL ARTETA has stunned Rangers by indicating he wants to return to Spain and the Club has announced today they will let him go if the price is right.The Spanish midfield star dropped the bombshell news at a meeting just two days after the Tennent's Scottish Cup Final. Director of Football Business Martin Bain said: "At the meeting he indicated his desire to return to Spain. We had told him that we wanted him to stay. However, we will not stand in the player's way if the price is right and it is good business for Rangers Football Club."

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are the People (and the Champions)

We all know that Celtic have no good news to report, so why wouldn't the "mock 3" collection of Hoop supporting wankers constantly come into the thread and take jabs at Rangers financial situation???

It's becoming quite cumbersome to read all of Jinky's "Rangers can't afford this and that" posts (while still in his hot pants) or as the play manager calls them "leatards"!!!:eek: Shammy's drivel over "Rangers are a bunch of cnuts and their supporters have nothing original to say" (while changing Parkheads diaper)... Steve1234's "McLeish is a lying bastard, Buckfast is a sactarian cnut and Celtic are still the better squad with NO trophies to polish"...

Tell you what Steve, go polish Captain's nob while seated in the 18th row of Jinky's My fair lady play!!! ;)

Treble Champs has a nice ring to it... Then again, we are soo shite we can't afford anything... :rolleyes: Except for some polish for those THREE trophies that is...
:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
United / Celtic

Guinny,

I think I'll sit you and Steve1234 together at the United / Celtic match ......... should prove for some quality entertainment :D.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your on

Walks.
Sit him just behind me so he can see my new Road to Uefa shirt. I'll even bring him his choice of a Man U or a Celtic jersey to keep, if he promises not to wear anything orange or blue. For the record it was Claudia who called McLeish the liar, not to mention soft. Can you recommend a good polish?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are the POOR people

We all know that Celtic have no good news to report, so why wouldn't the "mock 3" collection of Hoop supporting wankers constantly come into the thread and take jabs at Rangers financial situation???

EEEEEEEZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYY

Walks,

Put Guinness behind me so he can see my NO HUNS IN EUROPE shirt, and he can have a look at the back side of the shirt which shows a picture of the European Cup, something his beloved Rangers WILL NEVER win. It might be grasping at straws but we certainly got the wee Belfast Blue Nose worked up. You were born in Belfast, Guinness, weren't you? :D

Bucky,

That certainly does not bode well for Rangers. Despite wearing women's gloves 80% of the time, he did have a bit of skill.

Guinness,

You seem to be a little uptight with things. You hold on to the treble bit if it makes you feel better. Things are starting to crumble around you and you have to admit it sooner or later.

Hail Hail the bank is full

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Financial woes and players leaving...these will all come to pass. It's like any good company, you simply re-evaluate, retool, and come back stronger.

It would be nice if they had some sort of deal where they had a pound donated to Rangers for every Celtic excuse for failure heard in the last few weeks. Hell, they'd probably be bidding on Becks over Barcelona. Not that we'd want that twat anyways.

Oh and Jinky, it appears DeBoer will snub the Qatar interest and has promised at least one more year with 'gers

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christ, you guys should be glad your club is skint.

It just means they can't afford to make any more embarassing signings.

Capucho is the latest player to be linked with the Rangers.

That would be very nice of them to find a crocked playmate for Michael Ball.

ps don't worry about losing Arteta, you've still got, um,.......ah.....Christian Nerlinger?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARTETA - I WANT TO STAY AT RANGERS

Arteta - "I don't want to go."

Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta has reacted with shock to the news that he wants to quit Rangers and has denied asking for a move.

Chairman John McClelland and director of football business Martin Bain had earlier claimed the 21-year-old had wanted to return home after just one year at Ibrox.

But the £5.8 million signing from Barcelona, who has been linked with a return to the Catalan club or Atletico Madrid, has denied that he wants to leave.

Arteta told The Sun: "Right now I don't have any intention of leaving Rangers.

"I have never said I will be leaving Rangers tomorrow or next month. I have never said I want to leave the club. I have no reason to go, but I will do anything the club believes is the best.

"If they decide to sell I'll have to see if I'm interested in going. I have always said I'd love to play back in Spain and I don't think that is a secret.

"But I am very happy in Scotland. I am not homesick. Scotland is a wonderful country and I am enjoying every second I have been here."

GuinnessnotwoundupoverHoopsupportonTTP ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Director of Football Business Martin Bain said: "At the meeting he indicated his desire to return to Spain.

Mikel Arteta has reacted with shock to the news that he wants to quit Rangers and has denied asking for a move.

Let's put one and one together (a difficult task for the Rangers accountants obviously) and see if we can find out what's going on here.

Rangers are heavily in debt.
Rangers float story in the press that Arteta whom they paid 6 million quid for, wishes to return to Spain (which he probably does).
Rangers claim they want him to stay but wont stand in his way as long as the right offer comes along.
Rangers hope they will receive a2.5 million pound bid from a small Spanish side so they can begrudgingly accept it, "since it's the best one can expect in today's depressed market."
Rangers plan to tell outraged supporters that they never wanted to sell Arteta but would not keep him at Castle Greyskull if he didn't want to be there. In other words, don't blame us, blame that ungrateful Dago.

No one makes a bid for him so Arteta claims he never wanted to leave.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic fans in line for award

Celtic are in the running for a special European award to recognise the behaviour of their fans at the Uefa Cup final.
An estimated 70,000 of the club's fans gathered in Seville for the match with FC Porto and were widely praised for the way they supported their team.

Despite the heartbreak on the pitch for Martin O'Neill's side, there was not a single arrest on match day.

That has not gone un-noticed at Uefa and Celtic could become the first Scottish club to win a special Fair Play award to recognise their efforts in creating a fantastic atmosphere.

The Tartan Army have won similar awards in the past for their behaviour following Scotland at Euro 92 and the 1998 World Cup.

Celtic's main rivals for the award are the fans of AC Milan and Juventus for their good-natured support of their teams at the Champions League final at Old Trafford in Manchester.

There you have it. The season was not a total waste after all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some more quotes for our Rangers' fans

Arteta's words came as no surprise to Italian defender Lorenzo
Amoruso, almost certain to be sold this summer, who believes the club are ready to cash in on their prize assets.

'Everyone knows that Rangers have financial problems,' he said. 'That's the real thing here.

'Probably everybody is for sale and probably everybody knows that.

'With the way things are at the club if someone comes in for Lorenzo, Mikel, Barry (Ferguson) or Craig Moore then something will happen.

[BOLD]'The club is not in good condition and if they can sell their best players they will[/BOLD] - just like they are doing with Lorenzo.

'I hadn't heard anything about this with Mikel and I cannot believe this is just his decision.

'I think this has a lot to do with the club and its financial position.'

I noticed you forgot to put these quotes in.

:wa: :wa:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

What is a "sactarian"?

You shouldn't be accusing one of such, if you can't spell it. Knobend.

Buckfast

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ohhh, the short term memories of those posting in this thread.

It wasn't too long ago Celtic's financial statements were calculated after Mr. McCann emptied the cookie jar.

So the Celtic propanganda machine says we're broke? I guess your lot is rich with all your wonderful memories of......being RUNNER'S UP. How wonderful! I'm sure it will make for a GREAT video:

FAIL, FAIL, THE CELTS ARE HERE.

It's all about the EBITDA!

Buckfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0