Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser....I thought the same about the penalty.....very weak.....but the worst part is the Assistant called it.....that is very rare for an assistant to flag for a penalty. Either way, Celtic weren't even close to being good enough to win the game although after watching the highlights several times, Zaluska had one save to make in the run of play.....so Braga didn't create that much. Celtic might win the return leg but there is no way they will keep a clean sheet and score 3 goals. If Braga scores one goal, then Celtic have to score 5. :D Not going to happen

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky, I responded already on the CL thread......but I forgot to ask you, are Rangers get 31 million for Celtic not making to the CL group stages? :D Things are falling apart regarding getting the big Jelavic from Rapid Vienna. Let's hope it continues to go that way. He would be a GREAT signing for Rangers. But then again any signing would be with a roster of 13....make that 12 over the next month as Mighty Fleck did his hamstring.

Celtic are hoping/waiting for McGeady to make the move to Spartak.....to be honest, he would be crazy if he did. Scary stuff in Russia nowadays. :D Bellamy for some reason is back in the radar again but I can't see that happening........latest is Brown in a straight exchange for McFadden........Brown can leave and McFadden can stay. Our midfield without Brown is shaping up to be fairly handy.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really hope this scene can be duplicated again........although I'm sure it won't. I do know the 'peepil' will look the same at Ibrox.

http://i33.tinypic.com/8x376r.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/1055mh3.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/lxk7s.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2q9ktx4.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2pzbds0.jpg

I'm sure most of the Rangers support is not quite like this small representation of the Ibrox faithful..........it was just a bad day and Bellamy was loving every second of it. Come on, Bellers.......back to Celtic and bring a left back, center back, and keeper with you. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yawn

btw Rangers 2 - Newcastle 1

Was the game that bad? :confused: I see Lovestodive scored for Newcastle. Must have been a beautiful day at Ibrox for everyone. Well done, Rangers. Rangers also beat Clyde 2 - 1 during the week so what are we supposed to make of that? :confused:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the game that bad? :confused: I see Lovestodive scored for Newcastle. Must have been a beautiful day at Ibrox for everyone. Well done, Rangers. Rangers also beat Clyde 2 - 1 during the week so what are we supposed to make of that? :confused:

I guess we can make out that Rangers won two friendlies. Simples. We also beat Blackburn, another premiership side. Did Celtic play Blackburn in a friendly? If so, how did they do?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D Bucky, you're taking preseason games seriously? :D I watched Rangers/Blackburn....Rangers played their starting 11 the entire game, bar the last 10 minutes. Blackburn beat a Celtic team which start a guy named Towell.......I can honestly say I've never heard of him. Anyway, last time I checked the SPL title wasn't determined in the pre-season. :D

McGeady gone if what is being said in the papers is true......he's in Germany for a medical allegedly then visa then Russia.....9.5 million quid to add some quality to our backline hopefully AND our goalkeeping situation. Zaluska is the worst goalie I've ever seen in terms of positioning on free-kicks....****ing dreadful. He let another on in against Blackburn and again it was strictly due to his positioning. He is rubbish.

Wee Fleck is out for 6 weeks now and the big Croatian is making Rangers wait.....as ALLEGEDLY a 4 million pound bit has been accepted. :D That's that money you talked about Rangers getting gone on one player. A player who would score goals in the SPL if his record against Celtic is anything to by.......

Congratulations, Rangers on your three peat. By beating Blackburn and Newcastle in preseason friendlies, we may as well just give you the title now.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D Bucky, you're taking preseason games seriously? :D I watched Rangers/Blackburn....Rangers played their starting 11 the entire game, bar the last 10 minutes. Blackburn beat a Celtic team which start a guy named Towell.......I can honestly say I've never heard of him. Anyway, last time I checked the SPL title wasn't determined in the pre-season. :D

McGeady gone if what is being said in the papers is true......he's in Germany for a medical allegedly then visa then Russia.....9.5 million quid to add some quality to our backline hopefully AND our goalkeeping situation. Zaluska is the worst goalie I've ever seen in terms of positioning on free-kicks....****ing dreadful. He let another on in against Blackburn and again it was strictly due to his positioning. He is rubbish.
Wee Fleck is out for 6 weeks now and the big Croatian is making Rangers wait.....as ALLEGEDLY a 4 million pound bit has been accepted. :D That's that money you talked about Rangers getting gone on one player. A player who would score goals in the SPL if his record against Celtic is anything to by.......

Congratulations, Rangers on your three peat. By beating Blackburn and Newcastle in preseason friendlies, we may as well just give you the title now.

So was Boruc a good buy for my Viola? At the moment he's #2 behind Frey.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, Boruc helped Celtic win the league two years.......his last two years were a little more inconsistent due to a lot of off field stuff but he is definitely a good purchase. I"m surprised he went to a team where he wouldn't be number one......maybe he thought he would become the number 1. At least now he can bless himself on the field and not be threatened to be charged with instigating a riot........only in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D Bucky, you're taking preseason games seriously? .

You asked me what to make of it. I told you, Rangers won two friendlies. Not two league matches, not two Champions League games against a Portuguese outfit, but two friendlies. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Easy on the paranoia. Or maybe you have a crystal ball on another Celtic season starting like the last one. A staggering quantity of exceptional signings by a world class manager.

Lenny's tactics CSC

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Captain. There was talk of Frey wanting to leave at the end of the season. After the Boruc buy, he denied the rumours. Good to hear Boruc's got some quality and can make Sunday pre-game masses with the masses.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glentoran 2 Rangers 1

It was all youngsters though so don't worry too much about it, Bucky. Haven't heard much on the 4 million dollar man, Jelavic? Is he Serbian or Croatian? :confused:

It appears Rangers are setting their sights on wonder a DutchU-21 Championship reject. Even better is that he is supposed to come on loan. Things are looking better every day. I thought the big Serb/Croatian was going to be signed on Monday as Sir Walter said it was done. Must be something to do with money I suppose :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Daryl Murphy Irish or English? Same diff really.

Love the bit about the taking players on loan. Reminds me of Celtic's panic strategy last year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay.......I guess you're saying he is Croatian? :confused: A simple answer would have worked but I understand your disappointment....

The Ibrox manager also said attempts to sign striker Nikicia Jelavic from Rapid Vienna are "all but dead".

James Beattie is next on the Rangers Radar.......33 year-old who is well past it and a player from Portsmouth who is not for sale. :D Brilliant stuff.

And more importantly, Celtic are that much closer to getting Bellamy on a year loan from City.......but I still think he will go to his Welsh club, Cardiff.

Oh and to answer your question, with a name like Murphy, I'm going to GUESS he is Irish......

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bellamy? Wow. Things must be bad. Celtic's panic loans come around December when Rangers have the league locked up.

Billy "Three Lions" Murphy, In the Hooper, Fortune, the Greek Tranny. Deja vu. But can you keep a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0