Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Boys High School Soccer

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
They do have a nice draw........however, I'll bet you a case of Heineken that they won't win it. :)

How about who makes it further you or them??

Rams verus them all is a little bit shady of a bet if you ask me

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
How about who makes it further you or them??

Rams verus them all is a little bit shady of a bet if you ask me

Hmmm, we're definitely in a tougher pool than them.......and I can honestly see them making out of their group........Not a good bet on my part but we'll go with a six-pack of Heineken instead? :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, The Franchise, you're up a six-pack. :)

Maple Ridge will be playing Handsworth in the final tomorrow. Our boys played very well in 3 of the 4 games....losing to Handsworth 1 - 0, drawing with Magee 1 - 1, losing to Enver Creek 1 - 0 and drawing with Port Moody 2 - 2. I'd be lying if I said we didn't deserve a lot more against Handsworth, Magee, and Port Moody. The Handsworth team is very disciplined in the back(they play with a 5-man backline) and is athletic but football wise, they were very limited. We played them off to park but in the final 3rd, we didn't execute. We had a few good chances and they had no chances, until their goal which was a massive error by one of our defenders.

Against Magee.....their only chance.....a penalty kick. Enver Creek's goal? Penalty kick. Granted, thay outplayed us in the 2nd half and deserved to win the game. Our boys will hopefully learn from this and be able to make it next year because we weren't far away at all this year.

Good luck to the teams in the final tomorrow. Go Handsworth.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Handsworth PUMPED Maple Ridge in the final. It was 2 - 0 but could have been more. Handsworth proved that a hard working team can sometimes get results against teams that MIGHT have more skill. They played five games in the tournament and gave up NO goals. They were athletic and disciplined in the back despite lacking any superstar players. Congrats to their coach, Fernando Torres, an ex-teammate at UBC. He did pay our team a big compliment by saying we were the best team they faced all year.......but he has the most important thing.....the BANNER. Well done to Handsworth and it was nice to see the Maple Ridge supporters getting upset over a ref.....one who did an OUTSTANDING job. Overall, the officiating was very good.

November 2007/Spring Break 2008

Go Devils

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
I forgot to mention that we won 2 - 1 today to finish the season at 12 wins 3 draws and 3 losses.

:)

I forgot to mention....yeah free beer and makes me what to do the "Will the Thrill and Boogaloo Shrimp" Dance

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXhv4N1s7Uo"]YouTube - Fresh Prince[/ame]

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was right about Maple Ridge's group.......LV Rogers drew with them......who we beat and Enver Creeek who were 2nd in our group won their last two games to come fifth....Oh well, the luck of the draw I suppose

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0