Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Girls AAA Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

I guess so. If you're unable to field a team, then we'll take the points. How did Seaquam and Semi do yesterday?

So does that mean we win the league, Studsup? Personally, I'd rather play the game but if numbers are an issue for you, then fair enough. Let me know as soon as you can, so I can let the girls know by the end of the day....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game of the Fraser Valleys tomorrow.....

I'd be lying if I said I was going into the tournament with a lot of confidence. We have played two very poor games in a row, had a couple of decent practices last week, but some players were completely unfocussed today. We will be missing two key starters due to injury :mad: and our goalie is nowhere near ready. We play Rick Hansen tomorrow, as we ended up being seeded 3rd behind Terry Fox and Johnson Heights. I had no idea we would be playing tomorrow until today, as I thought we would start next week. So, hopefully the girls will be focussed because I'm sure Rick Hansen will be a strong, since most teams in the Coquitlam area are. Let's see what happens.

Studsup,

Did you go to the meeting on Friday? Was this a last minute decision to play the games this week?....

Captain

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt, didn't make the meeting and i think they had the valley's planned for those days for quite a while. Itinerary was handed out at the meeting at LSS before the season started. Got seeded 16th so we play terry fox today, no problem :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

I just left a voice mail with you. OUr game has been moved to Association Park in Ladner today because of a conflict with the rugby team. Could you please let the ref know because I believe you were the one who organized that? That is what I was told anyway. Good luck against Terry Fox.

Cheers

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsy, told the ref your field has been changed to ASSoc park @ 3:30 Good luck.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, Studsup. We will be playing at Association on Thursday again, if you wouldn't mind letting the ref know. Cheers. How did your game go?

We beat Rick Hansen today 4 - 0. We scored in the first 2 minutes and that set the tone. It was the first game this year where we really came out strong. To be fair though, they were very poor. They would have finished last in our league. We will have a tough game against Seaquam on Thursday, especially since they beat us 2 - 0 last time. This one could come down to OT/penalties. :eek: CAitlin Davie with 2 today and Laura Craig with two. A couple of VERY nice build-ups for two of the goals. 2nd goalie we put in net had to make one save. Otherwise, a lot of humped balls that ran through to our keeper. Their coach was a nice guy though, for what it is worth.......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screw You Captain said:
Captain, it's 9:44 and you're on TTP. Lucky we've got a union to protect people like you... :D

Cheers, Monsieur Frog. ;) The kids were so focussed in their work, after a lengthy review class that I could afford 20 seconds to post. :) Thanks for the concern though. When classes are this structured, you can afford 20 seconds break. ;)

Captain

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well after giving the team the Calgary Flames pep talk, the girls came out flying in the first half, and fox's coaches must have been shtin their pants. We scored first and the score remaineed one-nill until the second half. Then fox came and scored from a long rage shot that chipped our keeper and then they scored a cracker header from a corner kick. we ended up tying the game in the 88th minute and then after the final whistle had gone, their player kicked our goalie in the ankle. The ref never saw it as he wasn't lookin for anything. We put one of our midfielder's in net and she bobbled one right on the goal line. Ended up going to spotter's and we put our center forward in net. They shot first and hit the cross bar dead center, and then their third shooter hit the bar also as we buried all four of ours clinically. I have a feeling the South zone is the strongest this year in the valley. Time will tell. Burnsey, I will let the ref know your at Assoc again. I'm playing with pocomo this year in the sun morn leaugue, are you still playin with them?? Onto Fleetwood on thursday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great stuff, Studsup! That's a super result. Did you hear any other scores? That must be the FIRST time a one seed has been defeated by the number 16 seed. BTW, I gave a similiar speech. I put the 16 teams in the order of seedings and asked them what this meant. A couple of them figured out where I was going? Moving the paper over to uncover.......

F - ALL

I also used the Calgary/Detroit series and of course the 1967 Lisbon Lions. :) I thought RF would like that one.. Good luck against Fleetwood. Do you know if we can find the scores from the other games?

Captain

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the concern though. When classes are this structured, you can afford 20 seconds break

Another of the Captain's finely-tuned lesson plans. ;) Very nice, but my mental picture of you with one hand on the overhead and one on the mouse with TTP, Will Hill, and Celtic's home page all open was more awe-inspiring.

Good luck in the tourney!

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the scoop on JH. They have two girls who lead the team, a defender and a girl who usually plays midfield but likes to makes runs. The defender has a big boot, a long throw and is very fast. The midfielder is quick and makes good passes. The girls said the rest of the team is solid, but nothing special. When I asked about their goalie, she said she was ok, but not great.

Go Dragons Go

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Power said:
Here's the scoop on JH. They have two girls who lead the team, a defender and a girl who usually plays midfield but likes to makes runs.
The defender has a big boot,
a long throw and is very fast. The midfielder is quick and makes good passes. The girls said the rest of the team is solid, but nothing special. When I asked about their goalie, she said she was ok, but not great.

Go Dragons Go

What size is it? 8 ? 9? This could be important information.....

Seriously though, we have a VERY tough game ahead of us tomorrow and with 2 starters still unable to play, we will have to play exceptionally well to get by Seaquam. It should be a decent game....

Here are some of the other results I remember with the all important seedings :rolleyes: beside them.....

(1)Terry Fox 2 Earl Marriott(16) 3 PK's

(2)Johnstone Heights 3 Port Moody (15) 1

(3) S. Delta 4 Rick Hansen (14) 0

(4) Abbotsford 1 North Surrey (14) 0

(5) Sardis 3 Semiamhoo (12) 5

(6) Seaquam 2 Enver Creek (11) 1 Golden Goal

(7) Centennial 5 Garibaldi (10) 1

(8) Fleetwood 2 ? (9) 1 (I'm not sure about this game but I think that is what the score was......

So the next round is as follows....

South Delta vs. Seaquam(nice fcuking scheduling to have us playing someone from our own zone in the second round)

Abbotsford vs. Semi ( I am predicting a Semi win here)

Fleetwood vs. Earl Marriott (I am predicting another OT/penalties job here)

Centennial vs. Johnson Heights( Centennial with the upset)

Hail! Hail!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

EMS 2- Fltwood 1 PK's also

Semi 3- Abby 1 I think the south zone is the strongest this year

SD 3 Seaquam 2 PK's

JH 2 Centennial 1 Would love to see LM knocked out

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of the best efforts......EVER......

Amazing game by our team today. Another starter(our best player) told me this morning that she was unable to play due a hamstring injury. Thanks. So we had two subs to the start the game. It was a good even match and then we broke through with what looked to be a good goal. Unfortunately, it was called offside. Perhaps the TTP lurker who reffed could comment on the call. ;) :D Anyway, two minutes later we lost another starter....this time with a pretty serious ankle injury. Time to restructure the line-up. I had no less than 5 players playing out of position BUT the effort was amazing. We still managed to play some sexy football. The half ended at 0 - 0. We started strongly again in the second half and were rewarded when one of our grade 9 girls dipsy doodled by 2 players before laying the ball before one of our defenders(who was man-marking their top player and stiffling her all game) who hit a first time shot, which looped over the keepers head. 1 - 0. About 8 minutes and 20 seconds later, we went up 2 after a big scramble, when the ball popped out to our other center midfielder and she drove the ball through a maze of players and it bounced over the diving keeper. They came at us for a bit with about 15 minutes to go. They missed one glorious chance on a keeper gaf. Then against the run of play, we sent one of our few long balls forward and our striker jumped in between their defender and keeper and slotted the ball into the corner. 3 - 0. There was about 6 minutes to go when they knocked a long ball forward and one of their trailing midfielders got a head to it before our goalie was able to get there. They had one more chance on another keeper blunder BUT that was it. Hopefully next week, we'll have at least one of the other players back but it looks like we lost another for a couple of weeks. The only way we are going to be able to get everyone healthy is IF we make the B.C.'s. ONe more win and we'll be there. I know that will require the same effort as today, if we're going to have a chance. Fan FCUKING tastic.

We Shall Not Be Moved

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost to fleetwood, their coach is a twat, and then lost to Enver yesterday after a great see-saw battle. 4-3 They scored the fourth on a real fluke goal with about 6 to go which was a heartbreaker as we were leading the whole game. Had one player Chelsea stang who was an absolute handful and definitley won them the match. Time to dig out the golf clubs and prepare for next year and our hawaii tour. Good luck to all of the other south zone teams.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

Unlucky with the results. It certainly seems that you were in every game with a sniff. Yes, that coach is a walloper. BTW, we are looking into making the same Hawaii trip next year......again, but I'll believe it when I see it....This is the team I really wanted to take because they have been with the team for 3 years now......A big thanks to the parents for bailing at the last minute. :mad:

Anyway, it looks like we've got two more bodies healthy for tomorrow and that will definitely help us. I hear they have a superstar, so I will stick the secret weapon, Jess Elliott, on her and see if she can shut down another star. We have our own 'star' player back tomorrow, so that should help things up front. We need a maximum effort the whole match tomorrow to have success and to avoid any mental mistakes. Go Devils......

Some other scores from yesterday.....

Terry Fox 4 Seaquam 2

Sardis 3 Centennial 2

Abbotsford 5 Garibaldi 4

Certainly no shortage of goals in the games. Great stuff. :)

Captain

BTW, Centennial's loss marks only the second time in 20 years that they have not qualified for the BC's. That's pretty amazing. I think that is one record South Delta will never have to worry about.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 5
Johnston Heights 2

This game was played on a postage stamp sized field which suited their no skill approach to the game. Apparently their goalie was injured in the last game but even hurt she probably would have been better than what they had in net yesterday. We scored off a corner two minutes in and were up 3-0 after 11 minutes. The third goal coming from a header about 10 yards out that was directed right at the keeper who somehow let it slip under her arm and in. They scored one of a miscue by our sweeper but we regained the three goal lead before half. Second half was boring until about 5 minutes to go when our backup keeper made the play of the game by stopping a penalty. Brilliant stop and then she almost hands them a goal by kicking it about 15 yards. The reason? She didn't know it was a live ball. The posse then headed to Kelly O'Bryans for some pachos and pints and then to the landing. Provincials three years in a row for South Delta. Not bad at the home of mediocrity. In the other semi it was Semi defeating Fleetwood 2-0. Final is next Tuesday at Association park in Ladner.

We Shall Not Be Moved

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck SD in the fraser valley final. Captain your team deserves it, especially over coming all of your injuries. My grade 12 year when we won the fraser valley banner was a great memory. The provincials always look like something so out of reach, so the frasers are always nice to atleast get. Enjoy this time, good soccer is always a good time in life. Lionheart,
ND alumni.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0