Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Girls High School Soccer 2005

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far we have played a couple of games and played fairly well.

South Delta 2 Seaquam 0

South Delta 5 North Delta 0

We are going with the no goalie system this year, as we are going to rotate 4 or 5 players. That might come back to hunt us but we'll live with it.

LeavingforKamloopsin10hours CSC

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure Kamloops won't know what hit them... your team will look sharp in those new shirts ;)

Good luck to the girls, Cappy and One Dart!!! :wa:

Don't get kicked out :mad:

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
South Delta 5 North Delta 0

I guess a lot has changed from a few years ago, not that ND was mopping the floor with anyone, but I don't remember them losing like that. Where is the talent pool going these days? Are all the sur-deel players from surrey now?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
I guess a lot has changed from a few years ago, not that ND was mopping the floor with anyone, but I don't remember them losing like that. Where is the talent pool going these days? Are all the sur-deel players from surrey now?

apparently they play in south delta. :D

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
apparently they play in south delta. :D

which is better.....north or south?? north is closer to prestigiouse slurrey, but on the other hand the south........well i guess there's really no comparisson. fcuk i wish i lived in surrey. :rolleyes: ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In girls soccer there is no comparison. The South Delta Girls under the tutelage of the Captain are a force every year.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the tourney, same result as last year. Went 3 wins 1 tie in round robin against some very weak teams on some mickey mouse fields, beat Point Grey 2-0 in the semi's and lost to South Kam in pk's after drawing 0-0. A good trip for the posse. They'll probably invite us back next year since we keep handing them the title. SC, you will be happy to know that there is a good chance the t-shirts will wind up with a picture in one of the kamloops papers. Elgin Park on monday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I am surprised that North Delta is weak. I'm guessing that with the junior high schools becoming senior high schools in North Delta, the North Delta teams may not be as strong. Having said that, we have a strong starting line-up this year, with a one player who is on the National U-17 panel. We have no depth and no goalie. We have been rotating 4 players in net. That isn't ideal but we have no other choice since they five players who tried out for goal were mince.

As for the Kamloops tournament, we played one pathetic half on a mini-pitch and the only goal that was scored on us in six games was the result of an easy cross which our 'goalie' batted into our net. We played well at times and gave up very few chances, which was encouraging since we didn't have the national player with us. The posse behaved itself, except Dartsinthehood of course, who managed to pass out in a chair, sleeping upright for 4 hours. No one complained about things, probably because I think we were only people in that dump of a hotel.

We will have a tough game tomorrow against an undefeated Elgin Park team which has scored 13 and given up 3 in the process. We are 2 - 0, as previously stated, so this will give us a good gauge to see where we stand this year. We have lost seven players from last year's third-place team, so we're still adjusting somewhat.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention if anyone needs a babysitter, Dartsinthehood is available for a reasonable price. At least he was on Friday night. :D

Mum'stheword

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin Park 2 South Delta 4

We went up 1 - 0 when Caitlin Davie stripped the defender of the ball and slotted it under the goalie. They tied it up against the run of play and on their first shot on net. They are a very hard working team who will cause problems come playoff time. They have a lot of good athletes but tend to play hump and run. We went up 2 - 1 about 10 minutes into the second half, followed by another. They made it 3 - 2 and make for an anxious finale. We scored a late goal on a classic counter-attack. The ref was diabolical. God bless him. He must have been about 75 and a half. :rolleyes: :(

On to Tamanawis on Wednesday.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Tamanawis 2

We had the piss taken out of us in the first half and were down 2 - 0. They outworked us, outmuscled us, and basically embarrassed us. It was a reality check for the girls because they were convinced they were the best team in the world, judging by their approach.

The second half was the complete opposite of the first. We became more aggressive and of course, our scoring machine took matters into her own hands 8 minutes into the second half, after we missed one sitter. She basically bowled throw two defenders who attempted to stop her before slotting the ball into the top left hand corner of the net..... About 6 minutes later, Amber knocked another defender off the ball and took a shot which deflected off the keeper's hand into the goal......Our third goal came with about 15 minutes left when our outside midfielder knocked a great ball to our center midfielder who made a SUPERLATIVE run. She squeezed the shot between the keeper and the post after a deflection.......They had no chances in the second half which was encouraging after giving up too many chances in the first half. It's amazing how much two players make a difference, as we didn't have two players available, one to being a goalie and the other to a back injury. However, a few of the players stepped it up in the second half and took matters into their own hands, namely the grade 12s and our scoring machine......She has 5 goals in 4 games now.......

On to Delta on Monday, followed by a trip to Studsup's Earl Marriott squad, which will likely be a very difficult game like today's game......

Studsup,

How did you guys do today?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 9 Delta 0

Not much to say really. :( We had 11 players and after going up 4 - 0 in the first half. We completely changed the team around. Our goalie from the first half scored a hat-trick in the second half. Our starting defender scored two goals also. We played the last 15 minutes with 9 players because a couple of the girls were coming off injuries. :confused: We couldn't do anything else and I don't understand why the ref wouldn't call the game when it got to 7........Hopefully we'll have more healthy bodies for Wednesday against Studsup's Earl Marriott. That should be a good test for our team to see where we stand in the league. BTW, we had TWO natural hat-tricks in the game. That doesn't happen very often and our 'star' striker only scored 1 of the goals.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 2 Earl Marriott 0

Earl Marriott battled hard all game. We started off well and then for the last 15 minutes of the first half, let Earl Marriott dictate things in the midfield. We hit the post about 4 times I think and Earl Marriott hit it once off a corner kick. I'm surprised EM doesn't have more results this season as they were better organized than all of the teams we have played so far. Overall, I would say it was a fair result on the day and we will be playing Semiamhoo for first place next week, hopefully on Monday. Goal scorers were Kira Carre with a cracker of a header and of course, Caitlin Davie, who struggled a bit today due to a cold that she had.......

Hail Hail

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Semiahmoo 0

No score at the half which was a pretty fair example of how the half was played. Neither team really generated much on what a was a very hard, quick field. This suited their pass it back to their sweeper who can kick it the length of the field so we can run after it mode of play but I guess it took our girls a little while to get used to it. Second half started well and we scored about 5 minutes in which pretty much gutted them. Notched another 10 after that and they started to take the run of play as our girls had a little letdown. Third goal with about 10 left on a nice counter. Classic call of the game was care of their numpty coach who, after our keeper rolled gracefully out of the penalty area :D , shouted at the ref for a penalty. The Captain took it upon himself to explain to their coach, from our sideline, that a handball by the keeper in the penalty area, isn't a handball and that if a handball takes place outside of the penalty area, it isn't a penalty. 7-0 in league play, thanks for coming out putz.

Not Even Close To Being Moved (except maybe by Tamanawis)

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to see the interest in senior girls soccer. I coach Prince of Wales Secondary in Vancouver and was wondering if any coaches out there want an exhibition game against my squad. We can host, or we can come to you. We are looking for a game between May 13 - 23. Let me know if you are interested: weplaysoccer@hotmail.com

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting take on the game.....

Semiahmoo Totems' chance at being a top-two seed in senior girls soccer playoffs may have went up in smoke Monday, but it hasn't quashed their competitive fires.
Totems lost 3-0 to first-place South Delta Sun Devils at South Surrey Athletic Park, dropping the Peninsula side's won-lost record to 5-2. Their only loss came last week against Seaquam. South Delta is undefeated at 7-0.
Had Semi won the match, both teams would have equal records, and Totems would have won the Fraser Valley South division in a tiebreaker.
The winner of the South division is expected to get a top rank after this week's seeding meeting. Playoffs begin next week.
"We won't get the second seed now. Who knows where we'll be," Semi coach Bruce Filsinger said.
"But at least we'll go into the Valley (playoffs) coming off a positive game."
Despite the 3-0 score, Totems looked at Monday's game in positive light, and the match was much closer than the score indicated.
Scoreless after a back-and-forth first half, Sun Devils went ahead 1-0 in early in the second. South Delta added a second goal midway through the frame, although it appeared that Totems' keeper Annie Klassen had her hand on the ball.
As time expired, Sun Devils added a third goal on a rebound, after the initial shot slipped out of Klassen's hands.
Playing close with South Delta - which features Junior National team member Kate Davies - was a confidence builder.
"It could've gone either way," Filsinger said.
"It was really just a one-goal game."
:D (It shows up as 3 - 0 in the results section.)
Semi had far more scoring chances than their opponents, especially in the second half, but couldn't bury their chances.
"It's not that they are leaps and bounds ahead of us, but we've just got to finish our shots on net," Totems' striker Keri Fuchko said.
"We just needed to finish. All our shots were pretty weak today, and off target. We just need to hit the net, and get some good bounces."
Totems and Sun Devils have formed a fierce rivalry over the past two seasons. Both squads were ranked among the top-10 in B.C. last season, and they squared off in Valley finals.
Semi finished sixth at B.C. Championships last season, and Fuchko knows they'll probably have to go through South Delta once more to improve on last year's mark.
"I look forward to playing them again in the playoffs," she said.
"We know their team, and we look out for them each season. It's disappointing to lose to them, but we'll see them again."

It forgot to mention that we hit the crossbar 3 times in the second half but that doesn't matter. Granted, it was a tough first half but we took the piss in the second half, bar 10 minutes after we went up 2 - 0. In a way, I hope we don't play them because they odds have to be in their favour. In 8 years of playing Semi, we have never lost to them......... :confused:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a joke. Thanks for coming out Putz. Again. BTW, you wouldn't have won the tiebreaker as there was no way you were going to beat us 4-0.

Hail, Hail, the Devils are Here.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. South Delta
2. Fleetwood
3. Johnstone Heights
4. Sardis

After this, it's a crap shoot. Actually, the whole draw is a crap shoot. We are going to have our hands full with every team.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we're heading into tomorrow's first game of the Fraser Valley Tournament on a bit of a downer. We have 11 bodies available and of those 11, one has possible strep throat. 3 girls were 'sick' and one girl decided to skip practice because she didn't know about it. :confused: Thanks for coming out. Another girl has a back problem and the final girl(Emma) has to work(I forgot to mention that, One Dart)....... So things might be interesting tomorrow for the Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow.

When you walk..........through a storm (sqwak)

Hail Hail

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0