Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever, thank you for your fantastic input in this Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009 discussion. You are always quite insightful, and of course always wear a cute cloth on your head at Nations Cup.

But now, as an early bonus, it is time for this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). Sapperton were tied over on the west side on the weekend. This does not cause any concern for staff, however, and Sapp remains #1. Home to Surrey United next, in a rather intriguing matchup.

2. Columbus (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Columbus gutted out a squeaker at home against WV on Friday eve. Just an observation, does anyone like to play on hardpan at 9PM on Friday at a park where you cannot have a pint afterwards (especially when you lose:mad:)? In any event, they are up against Inter Sunday next in a classic derby.

3. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 3 ). DMU maintain their spot after a character win over an always tough GEU on the weekend. Away out in Mission next. And if you live in Delta, that is definitely away.

4. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). Westside tied the juggernaut known as Sapperton on the weekend, and staff member Cerebral Smallsy says they deserve better, and they probably do, but they move up two as a result. Away at Richmond next.

5. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 4). SFC did not play this weekend, and are up against Aldergrove next.

6. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). WVFC are down one after their 1-0 loss to Columbus. Home to Cliff Avenue next at Ambleside.

7. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11) . Surrey Utd make a big jump after humbling (and that is not an easy thing to do) the Portuguese this last weekend. If Howes continues on his current form, staff predict that this side will be moving up in these rankings soon. Away at Sapp next, and that one should be about as tough as an English 100 exam for Mr. Base.

8. PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). PCOV, much like JAGS in the bedroom, is not performing well of late. Speaking of JAGS, he is now quite the bowler, staff are reporting. (Excellent). Lost bad to SU, and are at home to MFFF next, a chance to make amends. Kind of like going to a bowling fundraiser come to think of it.

9. Wickham (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). Wickham, even though everyone would like to, are becoming hard to ignore. Kind of like the Anti-Fan (where is he anyway)? In any event, they had a nice win over the ever-dangerous Bulldogs on the weekend, and have to make the journey up to SFU this Friday.

10. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 14). Inter is back in the top ten after their win on the weekend. This should not be a surprise in Masters Football, at least not to the extent that WAB is actually civil these days. Home to Columbus next: huge game.

11. PAU White (FVSL. Last week's rank: 8). PAU White drops three spots after their loss to Mission way out there. They are up against PAU Blue next, and that should be entertaining.

12. Aldergrove (FVSL. Last week's rank: 10). Aldergrove were idle this last weekend: a chance to catch up on the crops for these guys. Home to SFC next. Both teams should be well rested for that one.

13. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Mission won their second game in a row on the weekend. Home to DMU next, they will move way up if they get a result in that one, staff report.

14. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 12). This team lost another, this time at home. Down two. PCOV next, and a chance to move up.

15. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). This team is up two after their tidy 2-0 win over Cliff this last weekend. Big test at home vs Westside coming up.

16. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). Cliff drops a spot after their loss to RCIU. Away to WVFC next.

17. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16). This team tied the Mighty All Blacks on the weekend, and staff are saying that it was a lousy game. Derby match against PAU White next.

18. Nordic FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 20). Nordic move up again after an impressive 5-1 result over Norvan on Sunday. Home to Roma next, in a NSCL MOTW.

19. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 19). Coveside maintains their spot after a 4-0 defeat of the Guardians on the weekend. Home to NAFC next, and that should be a good one.

20. Vikings (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). The ever barbaric Vikings, much to Sir M's pleasure, are back in these rankings, after an impressive win over upstart NAFC on the weekend. Home to Lynn Valley Azteca next.

So there you go. Good luck, on behalf of staff, to all teams this weekend.

Sir M.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did a little investigating of my own and found this helpful table.

MASTERS PREMIER # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Sapperton Rovers 10 8 2 0 34 8 26
2 Columbus FC 12 7 3 2 26 18 24
3 PCOV "A" 11 6 1 4 22 21 19
4 Westside FC "A" 11 5 2 4 25 18 17
5 West Van FC 10 5 0 5 13 11 15
6 Surrey United 11 3 4 4 16 18 13
7 RCIU Athletics 11 4 1 6 10 22 13
8 Cliff Avenue FC 11 3 1 7 13 21 10
9 Metro-Ford Firefighters 11 2 3 6 14 22 9
10 ICSF Inter 12 1 5 6 16 30 8

I wonder if this incredible display of sluething would walk me right into
a higher rank at one of our many local constabularies?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wonder if this incredible display of sluething would walk me right into
a higher rank at one of our many local constabularies?

Gee S1234, where did you ever find our KENO numbers:confused: Someone must have hacked into the VMSL web site

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do I need to have one? I was just trying to help out the staff with this relevant bit of information. It's just my nature this time of the year.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time of year or month?

Funny, but I meant Christmas, me being such a giving person.

1234.....and the point being????? That you can actually use the internet??? WOW!

Cheers!

And not funny! how did I make all those other silly posts.

Bring, bring, bring,... Regs it's steve,... yeh great,... can I phone in another post?:rolleyes:

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve your bang on, it's not rocket science but Sir M must have a different way of ranking these teams.(I think he uses that monkey that they always have on TSN for the playoffs) I believe it's a she and Sir M doesn't mind the action either.

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CONDUCTOR,

Last week Power rankings:
*****18. Nordic FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 20). Nordic move up again after an impressive 5-1 result over Norvan on Sunday. Home to Roma next, in a NSCL MOTW.*****

With being MOTW as per Sir M, Looks like taking some time off on vacation helped your team "Maybe get back in Sir M's power Rankings" with a 5-2 victory over Nordic.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, staff are still crunching numbers, and are predicting the rankings will be out around Wednesday this week, as there are all sorts of permutations to be evaluated. But staff are predicting quite a few controversial moves exclusive of the top two of the rankings.

At this early juncture at least.

Excellent.

Stay tuned.

Sir M.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sitting in Victoria, can confirm that with a 3-0 win over SFU high on the mountain Friday night (even without their senior talisman for the weekend), Wickham unofficially clinched promotion back to Masters Premier. This could be the first time promotion was mathematically achieved in November... any VMSL historians out there?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close. I think Cliff did it a few years ago. And Richmond United were not far behind. But nonetheless, you guys are flying....welcome back!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello again Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings fans. I would like to announce with a significant level of delight, that staff are pleased with the valuable, insightful and witty input of new staff members Steve1234, and of course the ever entertaining Team Starter on this thread. I also, on a personal level, am pleased that runaway staff member Skanky CDMTC Blonde has returned from her South American holiday, and is providing valuable input again on the various associated Masters threads. However, enough with the group hug thing, like get a room Sir M.

Now it is time for this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). Sapperton did not play on the weekend. WAB is proving to be an expert thus far in manipulating the VMSL schedule, and has the ability, staff report, to in fact dictate weather. Kind of like Eagles. No game this last weekend, MFFF next.

2. Columbus (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Columbus also did not play, due to the fact that the cold rain may have caused a potential hair incident for the frontrunners, and overly erect nipples for the Columbus back line. They host PCOV next.

3. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 3 ). DMU maintain their ranking after another postponement. But staff advise that this team needs to play soon if they have any hope of retaining their top 3 rankings status. PAU Blue next...excellent.

4. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). They tied RCIU away on the weekend, and barely hang on to 4th spot. Up against SU this Sunday, in what should be a real battle.

5. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7) . Surrey Utd, based on recent form, are the best team in Surrey. And make no mistake about it, they have made an excellent choice for their team name. Westside next. As Eagles would say, "wow".

6. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). WVFC stay the same after their draw at home. Away to RCIU next.

7. Aldergrove (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12). Aldergrove makes a big leap after defeating SFC Rangers this last weekend. PAU white next, that should be of interest to some people.

8. Wickham (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). Wickham continue to roll, and have already clinched promotion to VMSL Premier for next year, a division they stayed in for two seasons on their last visit. Unbeaten and untied, they play Cracovia this coming weekend.

9. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). RCIU all of a sudden is on a bit of a roll, having taken points off of two higher ranked sides over the last two weeks. Back in the top ten. WVFC next.

10. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). Sorry, but SFC are struggling. Seriously. Away out in Mission next.

11. PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). PCOV tied MFFF this last weekend, and as a result, drop. Columbus next, in a very interesting match: Columbus are mad about Carlos leaving for PCOV, and SU are made about Trevor leaving for Columbus, and Columbus are mad about Trevor leaving to SU before that. And of course Cliff are mad about Joey leaving for Columbus, and, over and above that PCOV are upset about Tony leaving for Columbus. And of course Cliff is mad about Big Mario going to WVFC, and come to think of it, WVFC are mad about Big Mario going to Cliff... Masters Football, VMSL style.

12. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 10). Inter were postponed this last weekend. Cliff next, in what should be a cracker.

13. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 14). Their draw against the higher ranked PCOV moves this side up. Sapperton next, unless it is postponed.

14. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 16). Cliff moves up a couple after a gritty tie at Ambleside this last week. Inter next.

15. PAU White (FVSL. Last week's rank: 11). PAU White drops after their Derby tie. Aldergrove next, and THAT should be a good game, at least according to the Farmer's Almanac, staff report.

16. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Mission also drop after no game on the weekend. Big tilt at home vs SFC next, and a chance to take down the current SMEPR wounded antelope.

17. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: 17). This team had another tie this last week, this time against PAU White. DMU next, tough game

18. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 19). Coveside moves up one after a tidy defeat over the upstart NAFC side this last weekend. Staff have no idea who they play this coming week.

19. Vikings (NSCL. Last week's rank: 20). The Vikings edge up one, based on their shutout win against the Lynn Valley Azteca this last weekend. There is no information as to who they play next, staff are reporting.

20. Roma (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Welcome back to the top twenty of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings gentlemen. This was achieved by virtue of Roma's easy victory over Nordic on the weekend. The NSCL is being about as forthcoming about this week's schedule as JAGS is about his recent social activities: hence, no idea what is up next for these guys.

So that is it..

And until next week, there you have it.

Sir M.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I would like to announce with a significant level of delight, that staff are pleased with the valuable, insightful and witty input of new staff members Steve1234"

Does this mean our registration is going up next year ? or
is mine for posting while under Banned Status
I'll dress warm Friday Coach

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M i think you should look at the Standings before you do your power rankings... How could PCOV be below westside, westvan,richmond and surrey? I think i have finally realized what the M stands for in Sir M ((((MEATHEAD))))... I think you should do what you do best and thats locking teams out of their dressing rooms....:rolleyes:

PS: Sometimes the truth hurts but dont let it bother you... Hope your having a good night Sir M... lol.....

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
meat⋅head/ˈmitˌhɛd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [meet-hed] Show IPA Pronunciation

noun Slang. blockhead; dunce; fool

INCASE anyone needs to know the definition of MEATHEAD....

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the sounds of it, there may be a coalition in the works to overthrow Sir M from his Excellent Power Rankings perch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0