Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointed to report that neither myself or Dickens will be at Friday's match. I will be at a "work" event in Vegas. With Sir M in Vegas last week, I have been asked by our Coach (not to be confused with THE COACH) to travel down to Sin City and source out the best way to get gum out of hair. Sir M discovered that the 'rip and tear' method is not an Excellent choice. Dickens is currently in Texas and has been there for almost two months, also on a work related trip. Subway is really tough on their sandwich artists these days, so Dickens had to head down to a post-graduate sandwich artist course in the fine town of Kilgore, TX. I am sure your jacket is getting good use down at the local pub in Kilgore.:D

Coach, as I want you lads to hit the right spots when you are on The Shore, I would recommend a post game pint at Cactus Club (aka CC West), then move up to Mosquito Creek Bar (aka Cougar Karaoke) and since it is on the way home, hit the Lynnwood (aka The Sinwood or The Lynnie ...... or Mocassin Square Gardens) for 1am to take in some of North Van's finest entertainment that money doesn't have to buy. Enjoy.

Cheers,
JAGS

Yes Jags / coach. The "Jacket" is a texas favorite here at Graham Central Station Longview Texas Nightclub Although it is a little warm for patio wear during the day as it is still in the mid 80's here. Let HOS know it is .75 cents all drinks ( A Scotsmans dream) It is the Texas Roxy. Coach your jacket will be appearing at the Stars vs Capitals game game this Saturday, look for it on the FSN network. I will be the pudgy squeezed into it. It is our subway staff party night. BY the way don't order the sushi while in texas... stick to the grits, Chicken fried steak, and catfish... and I thought they deep fried everything in Scotland :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let HOS know it is .75 cents all drinks ( A Scotsmans dream) It is the Texas Roxy.

Come on man, its not .75 cents, have you seen the dollar that last couple of days. See if they can hook you up with doubles for $1.25, now thats a deal.

I see you put out your first subway commercial, but you are playing a kid. I know you are young looking, but come on man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAn8t2yzAdE]YouTube - Subway Commercial -- Dad[/ame]

hos

How did you get SirM down there with Jags.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford Firefighters got hammered at home by Westside on the weekend. They need to get some players out, or start thinking about over 40s or Div 1 soon. Staff say the have the potential to pull this out though. Away to Columbus next.

Wow - nice ranking - I guess our 2-1 thrashing of Columbus tonight that should have been 4 or 5-1 will move us up :)

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess our 2-1 win over Columbus tonight - that should have been 4 or 5-1 should move us up ... or change our thoughts on over 40's or Div 1 for at least another week.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M: i am looking forward to this weeks power rankings. Its gonna be tough, especially with all the moving and shaking going on in the standings. :) i look forward to your rankings more than the league standings...

If their is anything you need from Montreal, i`ll be happy to grab it for ya. i am back tuesday...As long as you keep PCOV in your good books that is?.. :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am on my way to Edmonton for a day Fabio. I will get ahold of you if I need anything.

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, that was a fairly interesting weekend. Having said that Sir M is easily amused, hence his association with the likes of JAGS, Dickens, Eagles, RF, and of course HOS. But let us get down to business and now unveil this week's much anticipated edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). It is hard to find any fault with Sapperton thus far this year (Sir M never thought he would say that. And to bring up a lack of sartorial sense is offside in this forum). They are the current power in the rankings. Home to WVFC next.

2. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 3). Staff normally do not warm to teams winning 11-0 against weaker sides, but after an emphatic lobbying campaign by Sir M's favourite manager Coach, and a free invite to the SFC golf tournament, and (this was the closer) an opportunity to play with HOS, RF and Penner, this team moves up one. That foursome will be worth the price of admission. GEU next over at rootin' tootin' Newton.

3 PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). PCOV had a big win on a last second goal against WVFC. However, Captain Fantastic dissed Sir M. So down one. Home to Inter next in a rare Thursday eve game, but will be without leading scorer Carlos Battista for that one, staff report.

4. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). Westside is the best team Sir M has personally seen this year, and also have the most fun fans. Having said that Sir M has not had a chance to personally see teams like Sapp or SFC yet, and has to rely on the opinions of a number of staff correspondents with emotional, and/or substance abuse issues, or dubious character . Thumped Inter last weekend, and are home to Columbus on Sunday. MOTW.

5. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Speaking of dubious character, this team gave away points with under 10 seconds to go when they were in possession on a dead ball play. Give me strength. Away to Sapp next, in what should be a very good game.

6. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 7 ). This side had a good win against Mission this last weekend, and staff report that they are well coached, well fed, and if things go their way, they could be a strong contender to Be Champions this year. Away to Abbotsford next.

7. Columbus (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). Columbus is dropping in these rankings quicker than Sir M's heart when he heard RF would not come over to Ambleside. Lost to MFFF on the weekend, but can make huge amends should they knock off now #4 ranked Westside this coming weekend.

8. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 10). Cliff impressed staff in a big way this last weekend, and yes, Sir M know that is fairly easy to do, if you bring, like a "girl" along. But Cliff's 3-0 win over Surrey United has caused staff to quit looking at the world through the bottom of a glass, and move this North Burnaby side up in these rankings. Away out at Metro Ford next on Saturday, in which should be an interesting match...if you are Walks.

9. PAU White (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). This team is PAU white hot and are making big leaps in these rankings. Staff, due to budget restrictions related to the global meltdown of the economy as we know it have been unable to make the trek out to South Surrey to see this side. So, Sir M would like to canvass all of you thousands of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings fans out there several bridges and tunnels away: what is with this team? They have gone from being unranked to #8 in three weeks. Away to Mission next.

10. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). Well. Look who just woke up. Metro Ford Firefighters had an excellent win for their club, 2-1 over Columbus. All of a sudden, MFFF are not going away. Of course. Up 7 spots and home to Cliff next in another interesting VMSL tie.

11. Wickham (VMSL. Last week's rank: 14). Wickham are awesome. Defeated Lobban's 7-0 on the weekend, but will be severely tested by Alemania over at McCartney this Sunday morning. Sir M may personally have a look at this side in that one, if he is allowed to.

12. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9) . Surrey Utd had an unexpected below par level performance this last weekend, and as a result, drop 3. Home to Richmond on Sunday, and the ever faithful SMEPR staff are predicting that SU will triumph. Of course, staff also predicted that Merrill Lynch would never require federal assistance.

13. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11). Inter got beaten up over at Hillcrest on the weekend, and that can happen to anyone, unless of course one is a Roselund brother. PCOV Thursday, in a game which staff are predicting could be upset of the week.

14. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 8). Mission battled hard, but lost to DMU on the weekend. Home to PAU white next, in a white vs blue affair.

15. Roma (NSCL. Last week's rank: 18 ). This side keeps rolling through the NSCL. Defeated Vikings 3-0 on the weekend, are top of the standings, and are up three spots. Coveside next. Staff wonder, are Roma, a new team in the league, exposing weakness in the usual established teams in this league? Staff will know much better after this coming weekend: Coveside next.

16 Aldergrove (FVSL. Last week's rank: 19). Alldergrove moves up after a 4-1 win over Sikh on the weekend. White Rock next.

17. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). This team is going in the wrong direction at present. They dropped another on the weekend, but have a chance to make amends by coming to the WVFC Halloween party at Club Tantra this Friday (oops, inside voice). They can move up should they get a result away at Surrey. Sir M fancies their chances better at Tantra, to be honest.

18. GEU Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12). This side :confused: tied lowly and unranked Abbotsford Ancient Mariners on the weekend. SFC next. A win there may put them in the top ten of these rankings.

19. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16). This team drops three spots after a loss to PAU white. Sikh next.

20. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Coveside finally played, and impressed with a 6-0 win over Norvan. Big game against Roma next, in which should be a great match. Cside when is this one scheduled?

So that is it for this week. Be careful this weekend, and see you all next week.

Sir M.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM... I didn't know you golfed? I just wanted to keep you updated that the Texas longhorns are rated number one down here although through much debate I have the Kilgore rangerettes ranked number one.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did I hear Batista got into a fight this week (how did that elude the game report):confused: I would figure there are enough guys at PCOV that will throw the punches:cool:, and spare their top scorer the need?? Don't get me wrong, I like the guys at PCOV:D, but that Mediterranean blood runs hot in an instant:eek:. Is there a bet on how many games he'll get?:knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, I like Carlos, and to be fair, I did not see what happened. But I believe that he did something towards one of our players that got him a red. I do know that our player was really upset, and retaliated, and they both got sent off as a result. I think that the ref on this day, who is WAY more reasonable than most of the referrees we normally encounter, will recommend one game for each player, which is exactly the right call.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp at No. 1 again?! Come on, if PCOV actually drops in these rankings after the monstorous win over WV, clearly Sapp should come down as well and SFC should move up. It's getting a little stressful at the top with all these teams gunnung for us. I feel like Colt McCoy and the Longhorns in the middle of their huge 4-game stretch in the Big 12. Too much pressure!!!!

Columbus = Oklahoma
WV = Texas Tech

FYI - rumour has it another wheel has fallen off the Semi. One of the younger Favs refuses to practise and questions the idea of practising, because, it's practice, not a game, but practise, we're talking practise....:eek:

stunatman

Oct 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
great job roma f.c. 4 pulling out a win over the vikings.slowly but surely roma will keep climbing up tru da ranking's.now that they are playing teams that played in div 1 nscl last season.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from Montreal aftering seeing my twin brother get married! Let me tell ya... those french woman out there are something. Down one from last week in the standings... oh well, i guess thats what you get when someone stirs up the pot in Captain M's kitchen.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0