Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach
Has the machine just been idling, really who has been the most Dominant team in the last five years/ Tick tock the count down has started , God I fell like Scotty but I can run? Go Rangers go!!
LOL
Scotty ,golf is heaven

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a great weekend to end the best Masters League in BC. Both Mission and Delta end on 35 points with Mighty Rangers right behind with 33.

I find it hard to believe that Mission was ranked 12th coming out of the best league! Come on Sir M. only ranked one spot higher than the lowly league of NSCL on Roma? HOS and RF might be upset with the disrespect of their league FVSL!:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought this was why you boys were ranked so low?
Problems with the conductor of the roma train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dial 9-1-1
Manager Wanted

Roma FC
North Shore Coaches League

We are looking for a manager who won't rev up the opposing teams by trying to TTP them on a regular basis. We figure his posts cost us at least 10 points this year.

As long as you can send emails reminding us when the next game/practice is and delegate who is responsible for the beer on the weekend, you're in.

If you can give inspirational pre-game speeches about how important this game is as well as half time speeches about how shitty we're playing, that would be a bonus.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest HOS, 911 put that up after being benched for the first time in 12 years years!

Originally Posted by Dial 9-1-1
Manager Wanted

Roma FC
North Shore Coaches League

We are looking for a manager who won't rev up the opposing teams by trying to TTP them on a regular basis. We figure his posts cost us at least 10 points this year.

As long as you can send emails reminding us when the next game/practice is and delegate who is responsible for the beer on the weekend, you're in.

If you can give inspirational pre-game speeches about how important this game is as well as half time speeches about how shitty we're playing, that would be a bonus

As for the ranking's I still believe that any team from the NSCL should be thankful just to have honourable mention in Sir M's weekly top 20! A sides from Coveside who like to butter up certain staff on the ranking's anyone else from the north shore should feel privledged to be in the top 20!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes.

In 2010.

:(

One year hiatus for the provincial cup draws webcast - a bit complicated right now to explain why.

Sorry,

Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I know a lot of you rankings fans out there, you shut-ins, patients, and people that cannot make it out to the games have been sending in cards and letters as to the delinquency of Sir M's Excellent Ranking's staff in producing the rankings in a timely fashion of late. Frankly, Sir M himself has been a bit intimidated, seeing this is may be the first time he may have been threatened, by the ominous prediction about the VMSL Masters Cup final:

"BTW, we are going to kick your ass!!!!"

So, more stress now for Sir M. Over and above that, please note, that the Rankings have been pared down to teams that staff believe have or will reach qualification for the Provincial Cup tournament. Also, please excuse if results are not 100% accurate. After all, staff drink way too much Diet Coke, smoke cigarettes, eat way too many Pringles, take every chance to go on Facebook and socially network when they are supposed to be working, and basically operate under the credo that that they never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Anyway, Sir M has been involved in some post critical incident counselling after the above quoted threat , and as such, is prepared now to go forward with this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). Sapperton beat PCOV, and then tied RCIU. They will kick West Van's derriere in the VMSL Cup final, according to staff member sweet Lou LeBlanc.

2. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 7). SFC are back into the territory to which they are accustomed. And it is not Rootin' Tootin' Newton, by the way. A couple of wins, a BCs berth and a FVSL Master Cup final earn this side an emphatic ascendance in these rankings of late.

3. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). WVFC maintain there position after making it to the VMSL Masters Cup final after a narrow defeat of previously #2 ranked Columbus in the semi. They, especially both Carphins, and Steve Mac are quite concerned about getting their ass kicked.

4. Columbus FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Columbus did not have their A side out in the semi, which was unfortunate. BCs next for this team.

5. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). DMU tied Mission. Staff are reporting they are in the FVSL Masters Cup final coming up. Staff are now asking if they will lose any underagers for the BCs.

6. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). RCIU, despite the disappointing fact that the much touted Captain Shamrock was not available for selection, did scrape out a draw against the #1 ranked Sapperton Rovers this last weekend. Idle until the BCs, training a couple times a week in the meantime. Plus dry land training of course.

7. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). Sir M just likes Westside people, it is a bit of a personal weakness, I suppose. They are in the BCs, and can make an impact.

8. PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). PCOV drop after getting thumped by Sapperton. BCs next for these guys.

9. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12). Mission tied a higher ranked DMU, and are another FVSL team in the BCs. Hence the move up.

10. Roma (NSCL. Last week's rank: 13). Roma are #1 out of the North Shore, and are in the BCs. If I'm with Wickham (God forbid), that seriously bites. Cup final this Sunday for this side.

11. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 16). Coveside, I am not sure, is not yet home and dry for the Provincials. But staff state that this is a quality side, and they will get there. Cup final this Sunday against Roma.

12. Vikings (NSCL. Last week's rank: 19). The Vikings, staff believe, are also in the BCs.

So that is it for this week. The Provincial Cup draw is expected to occur this Wednesday evening, and a few League Cup finals are on the horizon for this coming weekend. Staff will heretofore endeavour to engage our Island brother staff members, and hopefully next week on this site, we can post the VISL incusive Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings "Sweet 16".

Don't hold your breath though.

Until next week then...

Sir M.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
5. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). [/B]DMU tied Mission. Staff are reporting they are in the FVSL Masters Cup final coming up. Staff are now asking if they will lose any underagers for the BCs.

Delta will lose two underagers for the BC's...clearly our worst players anyway.:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all honesty Roma would love to have an exhibtion game against Wickham. Truthfully Roma is only #1 in the NSCL not the North Shore, and we all know that doesn't count for squat!

Roma are #1 out of the North Shore, and are in the BCs. If I'm with Wickham (God forbid), that seriously bites.

ALASKA

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is funny that NSCL has the lowest rated in the eyes of Sir m. I guess he only likes the North Shore League when he has a team in the summer.Good luck to all NSCL teams

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is funny that NSCL has the lowest rated in the eyes of Sir m. I guess he only likes the North Shore League when he has a team in the summer.Good luck to all NSCL teams

I think the NSCl is probably the weakest league compared to the VMSL, the island and the FSVL ? Over the years, I don't think the NSCL has won near the amount of provincial games as the other leagues?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is funny that NSCL has the lowest rated in the eyes of Sir m. I guess he only likes the North Shore League when he has a team in the summer.

Sir M, still cheers for his old boy's aka Coveside!

I think the NSCl is probably the weakest league compared to the VMSL, the island and the FSVL ? Over the years, I don't think the NSCL has won near the amount of provincial games as the other leagues?

Valid point Antifan and Alaska too for that matter as I believe it was Sir M's team a few years back with Peg in the NSCL at the time that did win a few games come Provincials! As for recent memory I believe the only other team to get a win asides from Peg was Coveside last year?

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valid point Antifan and Alaska too for that matter as I believe it was Sir M's team a few years back with Peg in the NSCL at the time that did win a few games come Provincials! As for recent memory I believe the only other team to get a win asides from Peg was Coveside last year?

Yes in recent memory, I believe peg and coveside are the only two temas to get wins. It is always nice to see the north shore do well though no matter who it is, unless they are playing West Van :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0