Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Something worth mentioning about WICKHAM FC!

UpsetSoccerPlayer

Feb 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom it may concern;

I am here to make public some unfortunate activities that took place during tryouts for one of the local division 2 teams in our VMSL League. I was a former player on Wickham FC, and when we had a summer tournament, I approached the coach and the captain about a chance to tryout and if I could also bring others and both of them said yes and told me to come along. I ended up going and bringing 4 people along with me. I have waited this long to make public these events, because some of my friends play for the team and I did not want to compromise their position on the team.
During the tryouts, the coach began to pull players aside and have one on ones with them. Amongst them were the few friends I had brought, and I asked them what the coach had said to them. Upon hearing the conversation, I realized something funny was going on. The coach had asked my friends strange questions about playing if his friends didn’t make the team. When the day came to cut some players, he made us all wait after practice so he could have 1 on 1 with everyone. We waited until 11:45pm, on a weekday for over an hour, with everything being very secret and awkward. For one, they should be upfront with us players, this is an amateur league, we all have school or jobs and families, and none of this drama and secrecy is acceptable. If they did not want me as players, they should just make it clear from the start instead of signing my friends one by one and leaving me until midnight before giving me an unclear answer. Even after all this appalling behaviour, there is much more. The coach then proceeded to tell me something about me needing to fight for my position and other nonsense. At the time I wanted to play with my friends, so I told him of course, and I continued going to tryouts. Every week I would ask the coach the situation with me and each time he would give me the run around asking me if I was sure I wanted to pay this much money, that I was good enough to start at this level but that I would get that time on this team and so on, never once giving me a straight answer.
There is something very wrong with an amateur division 2 team which acts in this way, and their results speak for themselves. They should be upfront with players at this level and not make them wait until midnight to see if they are on the team, while signing their friends behind their back. The coach and manager have serious power issues and something should be done for their behaviour. There should be some sort of ethical constitution about how a coach and a manager treat their players and how they behave when it comes to choosing the players for their team.
I hope people take this into consideration before deciding to try out for a team who treats the players like the way the United States government treats its citizens. These people are having serious power trips over a division 2 soccer team, and there is no regulation on how they treat their players and it has gone to their heads. They think they are Serie A coaches and they can take make us wait until midnight so that they can feel like they are men.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over it, Buttercup. There are plenty of division 3 teams out there who are always looking for quality players. :) FC Turkistan and Friends United are looking for players.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear upset,
We waited until 11:45pm, on a weekday for over an hour, with everything being very secret and awkward. For one, they should be upfront with us players, this is an amateur league, we all have school

Did you at least call your parents and tell them you were going to be home past your curfew? :rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom it may concern;

I am here to make public some unfortunate activities that took place during tryouts for one of the local division 2 teams in our VMSL League. I was a former player on Wickham FC, and when we had a summer tournament, I approached the coach and the captain about a chance to tryout and if I could also bring others and both of them said yes and told me to come along. I ended up going and bringing 4 people along with me. I have waited this long to make public these events, because some of my friends play for the team and I did not want to compromise their position on the team.
During the tryouts, the coach began to pull players aside and have one on ones with them. Amongst them were the few friends I had brought, and I asked them what the coach had said to them. Upon hearing the conversation, I realized something funny was going on. The coach had asked my friends strange questions about playing if his friends didn’t make the team. When the day came to cut some players, he made us all wait after practice so he could have 1 on 1 with everyone. We waited until 11:45pm, on a weekday for over an hour, with everything being very secret and awkward. For one, they should be upfront with us players, this is an amateur league, we all have school or jobs and families, and none of this drama and secrecy is acceptable. If they did not want me as players, they should just make it clear from the start instead of signing my friends one by one and leaving me until midnight before giving me an unclear answer. Even after all this appalling behaviour, there is much more. The coach then proceeded to tell me something about me needing to fight for my position and other nonsense. At the time I wanted to play with my friends, so I told him of course, and I continued going to tryouts. Every week I would ask the coach the situation with me and each time he would give me the run around asking me if I was sure I wanted to pay this much money, that I was good enough to start at this level but that I would get that time on this team and so on, never once giving me a straight answer.
There is something very wrong with an amateur division 2 team which acts in this way, and their results speak for themselves. They should be upfront with players at this level and not make them wait until midnight to see if they are on the team, while signing their friends behind their back. The coach and manager have serious power issues and something should be done for their behaviour. There should be some sort of ethical constitution about how a coach and a manager treat their players and how they behave when it comes to choosing the players for their team.
I hope people take this into consideration before deciding to try out for a team who treats the players like the way the United States government treats its citizens. These people are having serious power trips over a division 2 soccer team, and there is no regulation on how they treat their players and it has gone to their heads. They think they are Serie A coaches and they can take make us wait until midnight so that they can feel like they are men.

Shocking treatment!! :rolleyes:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom it may concern;

Have you considered legal action? This is outrageous and merits a piece on the evening news. Call up CTV/CBC/Global and see if you can get them to expose Wickham FC for what they are...an amateur team doing things in an amateur way. Getoverit and move on son...

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom it may concern;

would you like fries with that,must be a justin beiber fan pufta;):eek::eek::eek:
ps : polska has the same problem but he likes taking it up u know what;);)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to the real world where cotton candy sunrises and caviar dreams do not exist.

Yes, they should have told you earlier, but some guys just don't have the jam to tell it the way it is. They were hoping you would just go away.

Instead of being passive, you should of just spoke up earlier in the tryout and got him to give you a straight answer. The fact that he tip-toed around the answer should have set off the alarm bells. You were gone before you started but they just didn't have the heart to tell you.

As for your "friends". Obviously they were not.

I'm with everyone else here - get over it and move on. Bringing this up 6 months later shows that you are acting like a mama's boy and/or you are a buttercup. It's been 6 months! Toughen up, son, and stop crying about it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
During the tryouts, the coach began to pull players aside and have one on ones with them. Amongst them were the few friends I had brought, and I asked them what the coach had said to them. Upon hearing the conversation, I realized something funny was going on. The coach had asked my friends strange questions about playing if his friends didn’t make the team.

When I was a coach we thought of this all the time. The dynamics of having weaker friends on the team is always there. Nothing new here.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you considered legal action? This is outrageous and merits a piece on the evening news. Call up CTV/CBC/Global and see if you can get them to expose Wickham FC for what they are...an amateur team doing things in an amateur way. Getoverit and move on son...

Get Olsen on your side

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to the real world where cotton candy sunrises and caviar dreams do not exist.

Yes, they should have told you earlier, but some guys just don't have the jam to tell it the way it is. They were hoping you would just go away.

Instead of being passive, you should of just spoke up earlier in the tryout and got him to give you a straight answer. The fact that he tip-toed around the answer should have set off the alarm bells. You were gone before you started but they just didn't have the heart to tell you.

As for your "friends". Obviously they were not.

I'm with everyone else here - get over it and move on. Bringing this up 6 months later shows that you are acting like a mama's boy and/or you are a buttercup. It's been 6 months! Toughen up, son, and stop crying about it.
couldn't sapp
Or cliughie use a player like him
I hear there is a split in the sapp change room
Cloughies click & the old boys
Maybe a lad like this can help sapp out

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at least they didn't sign you and grab you regi as I have seen done in the past. Sad really but their are a lot of teams out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0