Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Something worth mentioning about WICKHAM FC!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly it isn't easy to handle situations like this. A new player brings 4 friends and then the team wants the friends but not the guy who organized the whole thing. They strung you along to keep the better players and thought maybe they would just keep you around for team moral. What if they told you practice 2, sorry we don't want you but we want your friends, your friends would have felt bad because you brought them there and maybe all 4 or 5 guys leave. I can't count how many times I have had guys come to one of my teams and say we all want to play together. Seems like they handled it well they got the guys they wanted and got rid of the dead weight. Life isn't fair most of us learned that in the school yard.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom it may concern;

I am here to make public some unfortunate activities that took place during tryouts for one of the local division 2 teams in our VMSL League. I was a former player on Wickham FC, and when we had a summer tournament, I approached the coach and the captain about a chance to tryout and if I could also bring others and both of them said yes and told me to come along. I ended up going and bringing 4 people along with me. I have waited this long to make public these events, because some of my friends play for the team and I did not want to compromise their position on the team.
During the tryouts, the coach began to pull players aside and have one on ones with them. Amongst them were the few friends I had brought, and I asked them what the coach had said to them. Upon hearing the conversation, I realized something funny was going on. The coach had asked my friends strange questions about playing if his friends didn’t make the team. When the day came to cut some players, he made us all wait after practice so he could have 1 on 1 with everyone. We waited until 11:45pm, on a weekday for over an hour, with everything being very secret and awkward. For one, they should be upfront with us players, this is an amateur league, we all have school or jobs and families, and none of this drama and secrecy is acceptable. If they did not want me as players, they should just make it clear from the start instead of signing my friends one by one and leaving me until midnight before giving me an unclear answer. Even after all this appalling behaviour, there is much more. The coach then proceeded to tell me something about me needing to fight for my position and other nonsense. At the time I wanted to play with my friends, so I told him of course, and I continued going to tryouts. Every week I would ask the coach the situation with me and each time he would give me the run around asking me if I was sure I wanted to pay this much money, that I was good enough to start at this level but that I would get that time on this team and so on, never once giving me a straight answer.
There is something very wrong with an amateur division 2 team which acts in this way, and their results speak for themselves. They should be upfront with players at this level and not make them wait until midnight to see if they are on the team, while signing their friends behind their back. The coach and manager have serious power issues and something should be done for their behaviour. There should be some sort of ethical constitution about how a coach and a manager treat their players and how they behave when it comes to choosing the players for their team.
I hope people take this into consideration before deciding to try out for a team who treats the players like the way the United States government treats its citizens. These people are having serious power trips over a division 2 soccer team, and there is no regulation on how they treat their players and it has gone to their heads. They think they are Serie A coaches and they can take make us wait until midnight so that they can feel like they are men.

In answer to your post
I was signed 8 years ago by the club manager as the coach was still on holiday.
The new team was excellent .
My previous team 2 years before was Argentina premier of the vmsl , I was a bench player.
Since that time i gained about 60 lbs,
When the coach returned he gave me a chance to play as a sub as a forward as i could not mess up to much in that position but i could
not keep up with the play ,the ball bounced off my large stomach to the other team ,I fell down in the 6 yard box in possession with the goal open ,I also shot wide every time.
At the next training i though i was going to die from exhaustion during the running drills.
In hindsight they should have cut me at the tryouts.
yours sympathetically

Since

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
UpsetSoccerPlayer should learn a valuable lesson from all this....

And that is always make sure that the friends you are bringing with you to the tryout are worse than you....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In answer to your post
I was signed 8 years ago by the club manager as the coach was still on holiday.
The new team was excellent .
My previous team 2 years before was Argentina premier of the vmsl , I was a bench player.
Since that time i gained about 60 lbs,
When the coach returned he gave me a chance to play as a sub as a forward as i could not mess up to much in that position but i could
not keep up with the play ,the ball bounced off my large stomach to the other team ,I fell down in the 6 yard box in possession with the goal open ,I also shot wide every time.
At the next training i though i was going to die from exhaustion during the running drills.
In hindsight they should have cut me at the tryouts.
yours sympathetically

Since

Since...????

I need to know how this turns out SmartCoach. You think this is the Sopranos or sometin?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since...????

I need to know how this turns out SmartCoach. You think this is the Sopranos or sometin?

I believe he has since signed with a "quality" side based in South Delta that used to play in the FVSL.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Yes, they should have told you earlier, but some guys just don't have the jam to tell it the way it is. They were hoping you would just go away." WAB looks like you should be looking for a new place to play this summer. Even though we are not your friends we thought we would let you know. But can you bring your "friends" out to join. Thanks and the best of luck this summer season!!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom it may concern;

I am here to make public some unfortunate activities that took place during tryouts for one of the local division 2 teams in our VMSL League. I was a former player on Wickham FC, and when we had a summer tournament, I approached the coach and the captain about a chance to tryout and if I could also bring others and both of them said yes and told me to come along. I ended up going and bringing 4 people along with me. I have waited this long to make public these events, because some of my friends play for the team and I did not want to compromise their position on the team.
During the tryouts, the coach began to pull players aside and have one on ones with them. Amongst them were the few friends I had brought, and I asked them what the coach had said to them. Upon hearing the conversation, I realized something funny was going on. The coach had asked my friends strange questions about playing if his friends didn’t make the team. When the day came to cut some players, he made us all wait after practice so he could have 1 on 1 with everyone. We waited until 11:45pm, on a weekday for over an hour, with everything being very secret and awkward. For one, they should be upfront with us players, this is an amateur league, we all have school or jobs and families, and none of this drama and secrecy is acceptable. If they did not want me as players, they should just make it clear from the start instead of signing my friends one by one and leaving me until midnight before giving me an unclear answer. Even after all this appalling behaviour, there is much more. The coach then proceeded to tell me something about me needing to fight for my position and other nonsense. At the time I wanted to play with my friends, so I told him of course, and I continued going to tryouts. Every week I would ask the coach the situation with me and each time he would give me the run around asking me if I was sure I wanted to pay this much money, that I was good enough to start at this level but that I would get that time on this team and so on, never once giving me a straight answer.
There is something very wrong with an amateur division 2 team which acts in this way, and their results speak for themselves. They should be upfront with players at this level and not make them wait until midnight to see if they are on the team, while signing their friends behind their back. The coach and manager have serious power issues and something should be done for their behaviour. There should be some sort of ethical constitution about how a coach and a manager treat their players and how they behave when it comes to choosing the players for their team.
I hope people take this into consideration before deciding to try out for a team who treats the players like the way the United States government treats its citizens. These people are having serious power trips over a division 2 soccer team, and there is no regulation on how they treat their players and it has gone to their heads. They think they are Serie A coaches and they can take make us wait until midnight so that they can feel like they are men.

You got punked!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's actually currently looking for another soccer forum to post how upset he is about his treatment on this soccer after his treatment by Wickham. It's a vicous cycle.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0