Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Squamish Tournament 2007

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the dates this year are April 20-21,,
Whos going this year.
Anyone know the web address.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,
do you have anymore info about this tourney? Cost? Particpation rules? How many games? etc etc...

Storm8

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to enter a team in the ACBC tourney this summer but this sounds much better... thanks for the contact info ghouse!

~Regs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having played there for the last 8 straight, I can say Squamish has been a GREAT tourney for years upon years. The weather is always great -- rain or shine! Stay up in Whistler for the weekend and you'll have a fantastic time.

If the baby wasn't due that weekend we'd be going again for sure!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs what can I say,,all for the good of soccer my friend.
Hope you can due both.
Mabee cash in your empties.

Please just email them as they will send you all the correct info you will need.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Squamish tournament is an outstanding tournament with many quite good memories, for example (just from this writer's perspective anyway):

- Certain Peg players sleeping in the center circle so as to make sure they would not sleep in for their much to early game only to be awakened by the head referree just before kickoff.

- Anti-Fan passed out cold on the ground, but aroused suddenly, and setting bolt upright before going unconcious again and announcing "Peg Sucks" as we walked into the beer garden after the game.

-SCDMTCBlonde:wa:

And finally...

The Thunderstrike.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM... I was not passed out, I was resting my eyes....and who wiped there Size 9.5 Adidas across my chest to wake me up! West Van and Peg Suck! The Squamish Tourney has not been the same since they closed down the Chieftan, I used to love taking a round out of that Pilon Pipes in the paking lot there.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Squamish Tourney is always a (Jan's) classic ! and not to be taken too seriously..

*It is well known for allowing Offside goals :eek: that some people still celebrate 3 years later like they are Ruud Van Nistelrooy in the Champions League. Although on the field they look more like Nute Gingrich and Clarol Box#24 Gun Smoke Grey Hair dye. SirM you may know this guy and no it isn't Bobby Parno.

*Squamish officials are very up to date on the FiFa Rules of play as well. We were unlucky not to advance in the tourney two years ago as we lost out in round robin play on goal differential. I was unaware that the Local Home side (squamish) would be awarded a 5-0 win on a defaulted game against the up and coming Mt. Currie FC. Thus the 5-0 default win :rolleyes: just happen to put Squamish 1 goal ahead of the Peg over 30's squad to knock them out. No I am not still bitter.

*The Beer garden is also a classic for spotting some Mereloma Birds flashing their "high Beems" and no I don't mean Dazza.

*If you happen to win the tourney, don't expect to be paid until 3 years later..although with new hired staff taking the touney over, I believe they have speeded up that process by a year ;)

In all honesty though this tourney is a classic, always a good time.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask Keeper about the Corner Flag award. I think his bro (# 2 )won it once. Bring lots of players. Most go missing on the trip to and from Whistler. Half that do show are usually too shagged out to contribute much. Hoping to get a round in at the new Squamish course as well.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish Soccerfest 2007 Draw
Mens Open 14

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4

1 Shaheen 1 G.N. Sporting 1 Norvan FC 1 Punjab Hurricanes

2 Moosepub Stars 2 Club Ireland 2 ACBC 2 H.S. Brewing

3 LilWat7uhl 3 I.G.M. Dragons 3 Squamish Khalsa 3 Bombastic

4 Rona Rangers 4 Villa FC

Note: Group 3 & 4 will play 1 cross over game each. Winner of each group advances to the semi-finals
Mens Over 40s 12

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3

1 Akal FC 1 Cliff Avenue 1 I.F.C. Strikers

2 S.F.U. Clan Ulimni 2 N.S. Chiefs 2 Whistler Painting

3 Rangers F.C. 3 Westside 3 N.S. Cardiac’s

4 Tantalus Toner 4 Seymore 4 Lusitano’s

Winner of each group plus the highest second place team of the three groups will advance to the semi-finals

Mens Over 30s 10
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3

1 Richmond All Blacks 1 Alemania 1 Westside Knight’s

2 C.P.U. 2 Coogars 2 Ajax F.C.

3 Meraloma 3 Fresh Is Best 3 Gibson’s Pig’s

4 Bombastic

Note: Groups 2 & 3 will play 1 cross over game each. Winner of each group plus the highest second place team of the three groups will advance to the semi-finals

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I'm wrong but do the groupings you've listed in your post read downwards? For example, Open Group 1 consists of Shaheen, Moosepub, LilWat, and Rona Rangers.

Just want to clarify.

Also, can anyone around here confirm who's running the Westside Over 40 team? Peter, do know who's a part of that? Is it the Westside O-Men B group? This entry is a surprise to me.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone should really video tape the 8:30am games on Sunday. Some classic stuff to say the least.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, that is indeed comprised of a bunch of old Westside farts, some of whom play 3rd Div. O-35's. We finished the season with a withering trend of tying and tying. Brent, our keeper (who wouldn't be nearly eligible to play O-40's) sprained his ankle and our ability it seems. I heard a rumour that Trigger is making the trip up and that should help...the beer garden receipts!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Trigger gets red carded in the first game (50% chance) then beer garden revenue should be up at least 20% over previous years. If he doesn't, only 10% :D

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper - I believe Davey the Dentist is coordinating for Westside. With numbers low, he is offering a free scaling to those showing up for the Saturday 8:30 a.m. game (scaling to be done before kick off).

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy:

If Davey (offside) Monagoon is organizing your team, can the return of Brother Angus be far behind? I'd be careful about accepting the "free" scaling; like lawyers, nothing from a dentist is ever free.:D

Good luck; I wish I was up there now.

Still in rehab mode,

Trece

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd think that a guy with his wheels could stay on side. He is still going to get to the ball first. I just talked to my brother and found out they won 3-2 against the North Shore Chiefs their first game.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy:

He's played the same way since before he graduated from dental school.:D

Nice guy, great wheels like you mentioned, but he'll drive you nuts in the process...kind of like trying to play with Miguel.:D

Trece

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0