Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Squamish Tournament 2007

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By Miguel do you mean tall guy who runs funny that tries to go by 5 players and then maybe lay the ball off? If so I know what you mean and this was just playing pick up for the hell of it.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Miguel's defense, he is one of the most talented ball handlers there are. He can make multiple people look very stupid. We had our first league cup game against our brother team, WS Bulldogs. Miguel beat at least 7 people in world class fashion, but then kicked the ball out of bounds accidentally. When you get Miguel mad, he can be such a force on the field. But, he is very hard to run off of. He is so tricky that not only does he fake out the opposing team, but he also fakes out everyone on his own team.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. But, you know . . . old dogs don't adapt to new tricks very well. We have a couple of Ruskies that play on the Div 3 team. I don't think there is a phrase in Russion for "pick up a man and hold him".

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mighty Dragons are out on the first day...
Sporting looks super strong,,,We ACBC won our first 2 games and should clinch,,unless we lose to NorVan by 2 or more goals..
Great Beer gardens,,with tons of people,,great weather,,touch wood,,(not mine)lol
Tomorrow looks to be a great day.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse with your prediction, some might think that you are really a weatherman by trade?

PHP:
[Tomorrow looks to be a great day./PHP]

You should keep to touching wood!

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
prize money was actually paid in full this year by the squamish organizers. Not like the abcd tourney last summer. that was the big joke going on in the beer garden. except for the bc flag uniforms. the alberta flag uniforms are on sale at Kargo for half price if anyone is interested.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you trying to say we never paid our prize money last year at our abcd tournament,,cause if you are your fcked..we paid right at the field,,friend. I paid it personaly........?
ACBC won our 3rd game in squamish only to lose the quarter finals to the Hurricanes with 30 sec to go in extra time,,super great game...we then won the 3rd place game vs a Squamish team,,3 games in a day with no breaks in between was a real test for most,,our legs as were everyones turned to jelly.

Super wicked tournament,well run,great beer gardens and tons of fun.
Oh and I did call the weather didnt I...

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The big blonde moose gargling beer while simultaneously singing Oh Canada was a definite highlight for me. An all round great weekend of footie and entertainment. Kudos once again to the organizers.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
prize money was actually paid in full this year by the squamish organizers. Not like the abcd tourney last summer. that was the big joke going on in the beer garden. except for the bc flag uniforms. the alberta flag uniforms are on sale at Kargo for half price if anyone is interested.

I thought the BIG screen TV they brought in to watch the Canucks game was pretty funny. That and Keepers dog nipping at my ankles every time Blakey rolled/moved the ball.:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the BIG screen TV they brought in to watch the Canucks game was pretty funny. That and Keepers dog nipping at my ankles every time Blakey rolled/moved the ball.:D
I'd be happy to rent her out for parties.

Besides, you were just happy to win your first game. :(

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC won our 3rd game in squamish only to lose the quarter finals to the Hurricanes with 30 sec to go in extra time,,super great game...
Super wicked tournament,well run,great beer gardens and tons of fun.
Oh and I did call the weather didnt I...

Actually you guys lost to the Punjab Hurricanes in the semis. It was a good game against you guys, which went down right to the wire. Playing 5 games in 2 days and only having 10 minutes between the semis and finals was a killer. Overall the tourny was good but Whistler was better!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0