Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey F.C. Sued.

Innocent until proving Guilty they say. What do you think?

• Guilty

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Sunday's Surrey Leader. Typed by KNVB :rolleyes:

Surrey youth Soccer is being sued for nearly $40,000 by Pro-Am Sports for outstanding invoices, The Leader has learned. In addition, the BC Supreme Court has granted a garnishing order on a club bank account, re-moving all income funds except for wages and salaries.

On Monday, Delta's Pro-Am Sports filed a writ of summons against Surrey Youth Soccer (SYS) generally, and club chair Roy Mitchell and equipment director Russ Freeland specifically. "The plaintiff claims against the defendants and each of them for the sum of $39,728.32, being the balance due and owing to the plaintiff for soccer equipment sold and delivered.... at the request of defendants Mitchell and Freeland...." the writ states. Pro-Am co owner Rob Merkl contends that SYS is behind in it's payment to his store.

Mitchell would not comment Friday as the matter is before the courts. However, he maintained that the up-coming season would not be affected by the lawsuit. The issue is being characterized by SYS executive members as an "invoice dispute." Mitchell said he'll be asking the courts to set aside the garnishee order, adding that he feels there's little substance to the action.
Blah.. Blah.. Blah.. it goes on with some comments from other suppliers and the City saying SFC is a good customer etc and Merkl saying he's never sued anyone else.

What does this mean to Surrey Youth and even the Mens program which I believe is owned by Surrey Youth. Dude, you seem to think you know everything.... Comments? What's the buzz on the street. Apparently this has been going on for some time, but it's just hit the courts and the papers as of late.

I say take it out of the Rangers beer fund. It's a drop in the hat for those guys.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding. SFC will pay their debt, Merkl will drop the suit and MaCann will get some press coverage.

Everybody will be happy.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever had a $40,000 misunderstanding before? It's not like they thought they paid for a pair of shorts and didn't really.... This is huge. Where there's smoke there's fire. I'm betting they settle.

Someone will end up very pissed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take the 5th.:rolleyes:

Actually, this is the first I've heard of this. Remember, I'm officially out of the loop (and loving it). I would guess it is some sort of invoice dispute, either over unit prices or quantities.

I'm disappointed to see Russ Freeland named though. He's- bar none- the best equipmant manager around. I'm pretty sure I'm correct in assuming he has nothing to do with accounts payables.

I'm sure this won't disrupt the season at all. In fact, everything regarding equipment and such seems to have been straightened out early this year.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Equipment Manager

WTF!

Are there other teams out there that have equipment managers? Or am I strange to think this is an oddity.

Sandman:rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Equipment Managers?

So what does this guy do, okay guys yup that's right the shin guards go on before the socks, and Tom the shoe that bends to the left at the toe goes on the right foot try again. For god sakes what a waist of a job title this is Soccer not Hockey we only have like 3 pieces of equipment..

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

This issue is based at the Surrey Youth level. I would imagine most, if not all, youth programs have some sort of volunteer (?) handling equipment issues. I know both Kerrisdale and Dunbar have such people.

KNVB,
Have you ever had a $40,000 misunderstanding before?
Well put.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you have any idea how many team fall under the SYSA umbrella? I'm fairly certain the number is astronomical, somewhere over 100! SYSA is easily the biggest soccer club in BC, and Russ spends somewhere around 40 hours + / week during the season getting us all sorted out. He virtually doesn't sleep during the month of September!

On top of that, he takes great care of the teams, whenever we need balls, socks, shorts, silk screening...whatever. I'm pretty sure he's a volunteer too. The guy does a great job, and from what I understand is only involved in the ordering and managing of the equipment. It is just too bad his name is mentioned.

Roy has his name mentioned too, but he's the club chairman, and that is to be expected.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Well put... (well most of it)...;)
Russ is a genuine guy and takes a lot onto his plate... Knowing ProAm Sports and how they due business (Merkyl is top drawer) they probably mentioned his name because he is the guy they deal with the most... I would assume the lady who takes care of the finances would be mostly responsible for not paying the bills??? Mitchell probably doesn't even know where he throws his cake around??? He just figures the money tree out back won't go dry!!!;) (wee dig chill Dude)...

Whatever happens is anyone's guess, but I wonder how long the powers that be @ SFC will continue to turn a blind eye to errors from within???:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone should just shut it for now... the brunt of the situation is that the club does not have any of the invoices that are in 'dispute'.

If/when they are produced, Proam will get paid whatever is owed... that's my understanding of the situation and it's from a highly reliable source. Highly reliable.

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No invoices

Did SYSA move and forget to give a forwarding address to bill to?

How do you not get $40, 000 worth of invoices?

:confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think TTP has some Involvement with SFC

Originally posted by Regs
Everyone should just shut it for now... the brunt of the situation is that the club does not have any of the invoices that are in 'dispute'.

If/when they are produced, Proam will get paid whatever is owed... that's my understanding of the situation and it's from a highly reliable source. Highly reliable.

~Regs.

This is a lot bigger than what we see on the surface.

There is a Conspiricy here, I Scoop HOS is on the Job.

UmbroGate

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking of suing TTP for time lost while at work, and lost revenues. The shortfall dates back to May 2001, when I originally learned of TTP.

HOS, can you be my lawyer?:confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be like going up against the Major Tobacco Companies

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
I was thinking of suing TTP for time lost while at work, and lost revenues. The shortfall dates back to May 2001, when I originally learned of TTP.

HOS, can you be my lawyer?:confused:

We were not told about the dangers of smoking 30 years ago, and look at what it has done to our society today.

Who is to say how years of TTP addiction can affect society.
Hurt Feelings, Carpel Tunell, Stress on Relationships, Work Performance, Sexual Performance, and again Hurt Feelings.

These are all huge issues that must be addressed when taking on Regs and TTP.

Send me your Retainer, and I am ready to take on TTP.

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Send me your Retainer, and I am ready to take on TTP.

Due to the loss of revenue, and a diminished standard of living, I can't afford the retainer of a high end pitt bull like yourself. How about a 35% consignement, plus expenses? We can both get filthy rich off Regs.

Stress on my relationships and my sexual performance have surely been directly affected by TTP. I smell punitive damages.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Careful,

I might have to sue to get back that part of my life spent reading Dude's essays.

All five seconds of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0