Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The long awaited Dragons/Cheatside match did not dissapoint yesterday afternoon. We finally played our first game in Vancouver on the majestic Osler Hop. We lost but more importantly we had fun !! Highlites of the day:

1) Definitely Notty's BBQ was #1 as Sensei posted earlier. Jimmy Holiday was not there to compete and it was probably a good thing. Thanks to Shannon for the Subway lunch !!
2) Dale's Kit was classic even though he didn't play with them on, those shorts took the cake, too revealing but kit-of-the-day nonetheless. Honorable mention to Showtime for the wig and cut-offs.
3) Golf
4) Bocci Ball

All in all, it was what Co-Ed summer soccer should be all about !!

Cheers, mackers.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds amazing for sure...

On a side note, Throbby, only 'tryhards' report the slaughter fests. You should just stick to the Cheapside banter :eek:

+SCwhoisstillrecoveringfromacrazyweekendinTaipei:eek:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gin and Tonic/ YG Inc Merger

Enjoy kicking Gin and Tonic's butt this year, because next year they should be far more competitive. We're making them our CAT squad.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it makes a lot of sense...

Crap , everytime I open my email there's a picture of a Goon sliding across my screen.:rolleyes:

S E A Q U A M(SP?) suddenly makes a lot of sense now:D

KNVB, it's great that you promote Surrey so often:eek:
+SC
:p

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoff Schedule

The last game of the season is on Thursday at 8:30 so the season standings won't be finalized until 10:00 PM on Thursday night. The schedule will be finalized and posted on TTP ASAP on Friday and all team managers will be contacted at that time.

JR

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday

J R,

I'm assuming you are starting the playoffs on Sunday, that's the word around town anyways. And I know this has been debated before about colliding with Nations but I wanted to bring it up again. There has got to be a way of starting the playoffs during the week. Nations Cup is not just for players, it's for the community, supporting your nation. By having the playoffs on Sunday and in Poco, you are making it hard for people to be apart of the tournament. I understand that scheduling is a nightmare and probably getting parks is hard as well but this tournament is important and it shouldn't be that hard to avoid 1 day. Any thoughts ??

Cheers, mackers.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shall I field this one JR?

Dearest Mackers,

This must be your first year in the AMSL. I am sorry to have to report this, but, due to historical/current field usage conflicts, the playoffs will begin this Sunday. We do understand that there are conflicts between the league and this classic annual event. The AMSL does not support the Nation's Cup, nor do we condone the separtisim of ethnic backgrounds competing for a silly little trophy.

Which ever park you decide to play in this weekend, we wish you luck. As for the rest of the teams who have the same conflicts...piss off, this is a dead issue
:p

Sorry JR, I just had to do it;)

+SCwhofeelsJR'spainonceagain:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yeah...

GO 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS GO" in both the Nations' and AMSL!

+SC:wa:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

Your post was ringing in my mind as I was writing mine but thought I would toss it out there anyways, just to see if anyone else had anything more to add ?!?!? I know it's a losing proposition :mad:

Cheers, mackers.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB's major issue with the crab cakes was that they tasted "fishy". You don't say. That's like throwing away a Dairy Milk bar coz it tastes "all chocolatey and shite".

Sensei,

CLASSIC!!!!:D

~Notty

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Match Tonight Vs. Shadow

Last game of the season should be a classic on the turf, HOS will be out to make sure the Dragons end league play in classic fashion.
Lets Go Dragons, Roooooaaaaaaaaar.

HOS

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers...

No harm in tryharding , I still love you for the effort though.;)

Perhaps we could ask everyone to cancel Mother's Day and the May long weekend in order to squeeze in some co-ed cup play:eek:

+SC

Hey, doesn't JR play for the Shadow? :confused: HOS, you better not shoot JR :eek:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
how's notty

Can anyone give me an update on notty's blown tire?
I was walking past the pitch and seen big D on the ground with a blown left peg!
I hope it's not to bad big man.

cheers,coach.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feeling Better.

The Verdict is still out...but is feeling much better. Up and down movement is fine...just nothing lateral. (Stay clear of the sexual connotations Coach!)

Good game on the BBY turf...Mt. Shadow was out in full force with their usual intensity. Chances at both ends in the first half...but after a couple bad give always in the dragons end placed us behind the 8 ball going into the second half...down 3 - 2.

At the start of the half, the shadow carried the play...but the tide was about to change. 3 unanswered goals in the second half found us with a favourable result and another win on the scorecard.

~Nottywhoneedstobuysomemoreice!:(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great timing for you hey?

Sorry to hear Notty:(

Great to read about the Goons though, could this be the year?:confused: :eek:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2003 Playoff Schedule

Hi Everyone,

Here's the 2003 Coed Playoff Schedule. I'm sorry to say that the QLT Quake and the Gin and Tonics did not make the playoffs this season, although it was a close finish!

Sir William Osler School
10 AM - Barely There vs. Rackets & Runners
12 PM - Cheatside vs. Gunners

Como Lake / Winslow Oval
10 AM - Dragons vs. Broken Down Golf Carts
12 PM - Allover United vs. Sheffield Sunday

Kwayquitlam
4 PM - Union Jackers vs. Rockets
6 PM - Buddha vs. Mountain Shadow

Ioco Elementary
5 PM - Herb-a-licious vs. Cosmos
7 PM - Young Guns vs. Beernuts

As always, I expect to see a few "concerned enquiries" from people (usually from dragoons, cheatsiders and/or their support clubs) - but please address them to your team managers who have suggested the timeslots you are playing in.....i.e. don't shot JR the messenger!

Good luck everyone!

JR

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I expect to see a few "concerned enquiries" from people (usually from dragoons, cheatsiders and/or their support clubs)
Are you saying we're whiners...arrrre noooooootttt!!! Mom...J R's picking on us!!!:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
season over?

Can anyone tell me, did the Goons finish the season today?

+SCwantstoknow:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0