Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheatside 4 - 2 Gunners

We barely fielded a team but managed to beat the Gunners who were struggling with numbers as well. I haven't heard anything about the semis yet but hope it's not the Dragons, we want to save the best for last !!

Cheers, mackers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi #2

I don't know who the other game was but Mountain Shadow will be playing the winner of that one.

By the way the games and standings are it should be:
Dragons vs. Cheatside
Young Gun's vs. Moutain Shadow

See ya all next season.

:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers,

Since we finished second and you guys third in the league, the only way we won't be matched up in the semi is if Young Guns completely bottled it against Beernuts, which I can't see happening. Bring your tryhard caps because you're gonna need them :D

Yoda,

What happened?

Cheers,

~Regs.

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scores

Division "A"

Young Guns 1 - Beernuts 0
Dragons 4 - Golf Carts 1
Cheatside 4 - Gunners 2
Mountain Shadow 2 - Buddha 1

Division "B"

Allover United 3 - Sheffield Sunday 2
Barely There 5 - Rackets & Runners 0
Herbalicious 4 - Cosmos 3 (PK)
Rockets 6 - Union Jackers 3

Playoff schedule (dates/times/locations TBD):

Young Guns vs. Mountain Shadow
Dragons vs. Cheatside
Allover United vs. Rockets
Barely There vs. Herbalicious

Schedule will be posted by the end of the day today!

JR

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers

We were up 1 nil going into the second half and then an own goal (not by me of course) tied it up. We then started to push to get the game winner and on the counter attack, they put a nice chip in the far corner for the game winner.

We didn't play as a team very well, and couldn't seem to find a way around the goalie.
Too many guys holding the ball for too long.

They played very well. Kudo's to them for having no subs.

Good luck to all those remaining.

:(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close!!

Well YG had to battle today to go on to the the semi's.Beernuts had no guy subs and played a hard game.G showed a lot of heart for the Nuts.He went down with a knee injury on a knee that was already wrapped up,only to return 5 minutes later and finish the game.The wily veteran Reading put YG up 1 on a goal mouth scramble midway through the second half!!Would like to thank Ray and the rest of the Nuts for inviting us over for some dogs after the game!!I was telling 9-1-1 to bad she wasn't at the game to get one!!It's a good thing we don't play Dragons cause
Nottywhowillnotbeservinganyfoodtodial9-1-1

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Mackers

Originally posted by Yoda
We were up 1 nil going into the second half and then an own goal (not by me of course) tied it up. We then started to push to get the game winner and on the counter attack, they put a nice chip in the far corner for the game winner.

We didn't play as a team very well, and couldn't seem to find a way around the goalie.
Too many guys holding the ball for too long.

They played very well. Kudo's to them for having no subs.

I'm surprised you didn't put 4-5 in on us in the first 30 minutes. We were all talking about how if it's 4-5 nil at half we'd stop the game and play for fun after that. We had 2 girls show up after 20 minutes and then our regular goalie showed up to replace our backup volleyball star/goalie.

Our tying goal was pure luck - our guy slotted it under Scurr as he dove and it just happened to hit BJ who hammered it home into the empty net. All in all, not a bad game for such a hot day on that bumpy field we won't be using after this season!

JR

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AMSL Semi Final Schedule

SEMI FINAL GAMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Wednesday July 23rd:

Burnaby Lake #2 @ 6:45pm - Young Guns vs. Mountain Shadow
Port Moody Turf @ 8:30 pm - Allover United vs. Rockets

Thursday July 24th:

Gates Park Turf (Reeves Park #4) @ 6:30pm - Barely There vs. Herbalicious
Port Moody Turf @ 8:30 pm - Dragons vs. Cheatside

Coed Finals will be Sunday July 27th...Division "B" final at 12 noon and the Division "A" final at 2pm. Finals will be held at the Gates Park Turf Field in Port Coquitlam.

JR

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Mackers

Originally posted by J R
All in all, not a bad game for such a hot day on that bumpy field we won't be using after this season!

JR

Would you care to elaborate?

:confused:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheatside vs. Dragons

Regs,

The caps are being fitted as we speak...see ya Thursday, looking forward to it ;)

Cheers, mackers.

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more Kway.....

Originally posted by Yoda
Would you care to elaborate?

We're not going to pursue Kwayquitlam again, the field conditions are terrible and they won't ever improve. We're going to try and get Gates Turf or Charles Best Turf as an alternate.

Problem with the fields is that we have about the lowest priority that you can have when it comes to field selection.....a minor problem with un-affiliated leagues like ours. Oh well, at least we're not playing on gravel anymore!

JR

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers JR

I am sure everyone will be happy that Kway is gone. Could i ask 1 more request, that we never play on Como Lake Oval again! I know you were fighting to find fields after Charles Best closed but the field is more sloped than the fairways at Royal St. Georges!

:D

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fields

I know we're hard pressed for fields, but I'm going to have to give Herb some guidelines for getting fields. I think he's only going on the fact that they are called soccer fields even though they don't look like them!

JR

BTW - I just realized that I scheduled the two teams with the largest per capita beer consumption in the league to play each other on a field where no alcohol is permitted......oops! Sorry Cheatside and Dragons :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW - I just realized that I scheduled the two teams with the largest per capita beer consumption in the league to play each other on a field where no alcohol is permitted......oops! Sorry Cheatside and Dragons
You'll be happy to know JR that it was already pointed out by many Dragons by email :rolleyes:

~Regs.

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
You'll be happy to know JR that it was already pointed out by many Dragons by email :rolleyes:

~Regs.

yes, I've already received a thrashing from Tiff.....not fun.....

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Au Contraire.

yes, I've already received a thrashing from Tiff.....not fun.....

I'd imagine that there are those that might find it could be quite pleasurable;)

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns 3 - Mountain Shadow 1

Well, the mighty Young Guns machine came to Burnaby Lake last night on a mission.....and they succeded. It was a good, clean match for both sides - they just out-gunned us, despite the fact that we had more subs last night than the previous 8 games combined!

It was 2-0 at the half after two good YG goals, one header off of a corner kick and one blistering shot from 25 yards out. It would have been 3-0 if there regular keeper was there but thankfully their backup keeper made a huge mistake on a passback and our forward stole it to close the gap to within one early in the second half. They burst our comeback bubble with another tally 10 minutes later and that was it for us.

Congrats to the Young Guns on a hard fought match and good luck in the finals on Sunday!

JR

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheatside 4 - 3 Dragons

Shattered. Totally shattered.:(

Now I have to go to a Div. 2 tryout on Sunday instead of playong in the Co-ed final. THAT is gay.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onto the finals !!!

After a 3 year drought we make it back to the finals by beating the almighty Dragons last night. I thought it was a great game as the score went back and forth, both teams played some nice soccer and even though the tryhard caps were on, it looked like everyone had a good time.

TheRob...Div 2 tryouts ???? After I had my way with you last night you should hang it up ;)

Onto the dreaded Young Guns on Sunday !!

Cheers, mackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0