Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2003 Co-ed match reports, and witty banter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clueless, What kind of control is needed? He's there to call in's and out's and the odd clumsy foul.

I can't talk to you anymore. My head hurts from me banging it on my desk. Repeatedly.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knob....

Control as in getting the Testosterone under control....

Not calling a goal kick for a ball that wasn't out (and that was Bhudda's loss as their winger could have still had a cross but Herb can't get near the line to tell if the ball was out which it was clearly still ON) and calling anything that either team told him to....

But your opinion is important since you were there to see the game & all.... :rolleyes:

Keep banging that head away..... maybe it'll help.....

Spazz

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool I just created a purchase order at work, #6969. I think I'll make it my jersey number. Wouldn't that be funny?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons Always win!!

Just a message for Spazz,I wasn't at the game,so not sure who's at fault.I'm just going by all the talk on TTP.This is for sure though if the dragons lose on the field than it's a guarantee that the other team is a tryhard team!!They will bring it on the TTP and post about it.Then when you try to defend yourself you will get it from all angles.Hopefully you have other players on your team on TTP to help you against this well stacked TTP Dragons team.Anyways I believe you guys have one more game against each other,here's hoping every one get's along!!!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor....

Exactly..... TheRob beat me to the posting today (and the ball a few times last night too :p ) which was a little one sided....
It was a chippy game-chalk it up to that!

Hopefully there'll be no grudges for the next time we pay against eachother..... (for some reason I think I shouldn't hold my breath...)

And we beat the Dragons.... couldn't beat the YG's..... ya win some, ya lose some......

Only Coco Beware has made an effort to get on here.... Stripper's to busy "working" to back me up ( :mad: ) other than that there's no other TTPers on our team.... I'm all alone.... :(

Spazz

whoforgottomentionourkeeperplayedagreatgamelastnight!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons Always win!!

Originally posted by Conductor
Anyways I believe you guys have one more game against each other,here's hoping every one get's along!!!

Hey Jimmy, can I use the two Rolls of Quarters that you bought for the re-match.
Bad News Allen would be proud.

As for the Herb Refing issue. I agree, he misses lots of stuff on the field, but thats what makes Co-Ed Fun, you never know what the guy is going to call, but you laugh and accept the call.

"JC I know you, Bumming, Yellow Card, JC"

Hairy Green Dragons/Capitals vs. BeerNuts rematch is Sunday July 6th at Osler at High Noon.
This is when HOS comes out of retirment, look out Beernuts, there is a New Sheriff in Town.

JC:mad:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The people commenting on "the tackle" were a bit too far away from the incident to comment fairly on it.

I think I had a good view. Dale tripped the tough-guy beernut to stop his break-away. He didn't kick him or try to hurt him in any way whatsoever. He just tripped him. Tough guy got up and push/punched Dale in the face.

He is a hero and was totally justified in his actions. :rolleyes:

He also fouled Brian Wilms earlier on and went unpunished. So obviously he is allowed to foul his opponents but if anyone fouls him they should expect to be assaulted.

As for the goals I conceded, anyone watching could no doubt surmise that I am not a keeper. Unfortunately we didn't have a keeper or enough male players and since I am just returning from injury after a year out, (2 herniated discs) tending the net was a better option for me than having a heart attack hauling my quarter ton frame around Bby Lake #2.

The first was a great shot, right Besty?

The second, I should have stopped.

As for the third, I had only two options on a very tight play outside the box. Either try to play the ball between Courts and the Beernut forward chasing the ball with her or hit it as hard as I could to clear it up the field. Since the second option would most likely have meant a hell of a wallop to the face of the onrushing beernut chick, I decided on the first option only to knock it softly off her leg which of course made it rebound into our goal.

I wonder if the Beernut goalie would have been so thoughtful.

I know, I know, I'm a saint. :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Non Dragon's opinion

There is no place for a red card anywhere/anytime in this league. In fact I don't know why Herb even brings them because he shouldn't have to use them. And please don't depend on Herb to make every call. All he's thinking about is the cash in his pocket.

Originally posted by Spazz

As for us being Tryhards..... isn't that what the games about? Playing to win? And try we did.....

Actually no. If you win great, drink beer. If you lose great, drink beer. Where do you think the nickname Tryhards came from? It wasn't a team name that someone picked themselves, it's a slag.
In short, if there's a card in the game then someone's trying too hard.

isurewouldhatetobecalledatryhard

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule

Is there a schedule and site up for games and results yet?

Anyone?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JR is supposed to get them to me.

He is AWOL :rolleyes:

Cheers,

~Regswhohashadaredcardinco-ed :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dragons Always win!!

As for the Herb Refing issue. I agree, he misses lots of stuff on the field, but thats what makes Co-Ed Fun, you never know what the guy is going to call, but you laugh and accept the call.

[/B]

Herb need to retire!! Our game lastnight against Buddha was a freakin' joke at the end. Some dude decides it is ok to HACK someone down (Matty) just because he got his ass whooped and couldn't catch up...that is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE, and there is no way to defend that crap on the field. This is co-ed...it is supposed to be "competitive" yet FUN AS HELL, and with sh*t like that going on, it takes the fun aspect out of it. Matty got hacked down not once when he first beat him, but again after he got around him. The guy deserved a swift kick in the teeth, but Matty gave him a shove, and got carded which is fair. The dude who was on the ground should have got an extra card for the first hack and it would have kept the 2nd one from happening and a potential injury which could have been absolutely horrible!! :mad:

Anyways...Beernuts came out on top, so it is all good :D :D :D

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused????

If you can't get the team name right then how are we supposed to beleive the rest of the story?

Buddha didn't play last night.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dragons Always win!!

Originally posted by Conductor
Hopefully you have other players on your team on TTP to help you against this well stacked TTP Dragons team.

There are more of us, but we actually WORK during the day. ;)

I look forward to playing the Dragon's. Oh, by the way, how did the Dragon's do at the tourney? :rolleyes:

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARGH! Stripper get with the program...

That WAS the Dragons we played last night..... :rolleyes: (maybe I don't want my team on here to back me up)

Jinky I wasn't knockin you in net, only teasing. We ALL knew you weren't the regular Keeper...... and thanks for thinking of our girls.... ;)

As for the tackle though..... like I said before those 2 were battling for a while and it only got worse. I'd be angry too if I was taken out (like that) on a breakaway..... I saw no punch, our player got up and shoved your player to the ground with 2 hands..... no one called anyone a hero. I just said I would have been pissed myself if it happened to me.... (being honest)

I wish all (sorry.... I should say 'some of') the guys in co-ed could relax a little but that's not the case!

Spazz

justahappycamperinlifeslittlejourneys

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALERT! HERB RULES! ALERT!

I don't want to knock the Beernuts because they've been vaunch supporters of our annual fundraisers. They also like to lend out their tiki torches. But...

If you think you need a Premier ref for this league, then you gotta relax a bit. Top knotch refs may keep control of a nasty game, but why are games getting nasty in the first place? Not including that little TTP war we had with our new buds the BDGC last season, the last REAL dust up YG Inc had was in that infamous game 7-8 years ago which got Sammy "suspended for life" for taking ONE punch. What are the odds that any of these players in question get "life-time bans" or "life-time probation" for throwing punches? Yeah, that's what I thought.

As for Herb, it's his you-never-know-what-he-is-going-to-see-or-call style that makes co-ed enjoyable. We've all had tryhard refs in this league, and I'll still pass on Ref tryhard over Ref Herb.

Speaking from experience, as much as the goons whine and gang up on others on TTP, I've never considered them goons or tryhards on the pitch. I may have to worry about their trash talking on TTP, and I may have to worry about the teasing and peer pressure they cause (We're not going to invite them to our bakeoff!). But... I've never had to worry about keeping my head up against them. No cards have ever been given in our long history vs them. Maybe one day we'll be cool enough to be invited over for a bake-off or Bocce tourney.

As for the Beernuts, they seemed ok in our match vs them, but I'm sorry, Gunther really has to chillax. In fairness, we have a player or two who could follow suit.

Still, if you guys think the Beernuts are tryhards, just wait for your game vs the Union Jackers. They are HANDS DOWN the biggest yahoos and tryhards around. I recommend wearing a helmet when you have to play them. Below, I've left of a pic of their new centre-back.

As for the tourney. Please put a big, fat* next to our win since Cheatside and Dragons weren't there. Most teams didn't have their full squads there either, so we're not requesting a championship pennant to hang in our front office.

Just to prove that YG Inc aren't tryhards, let the records show that at the tourney we dressed 7 Croats! Now if that isn't taking it easy on your competition, I don't know what is!

Oh yeah, more rambling...thumbs down on the "Girls have to take our PK" policy. You may think you're being gents for offering, but you're implying that girls only take them because girls are not as good as the guys. In my books, that's more of a slap in the face than a pat on the back.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True enough 911....

I just have issues in general with Ref's..... (the women's league ref's are B-R-U-T-A-L) so I guess that's my problem.....

I'm usually the one to mouth off the ref and get carded... :rolleyes:

Herb is entertaining and it wouldn't be co-ed without him..... I also didn't disagree with his 3 cards......

I also happened to think the Gunner's (except for me getting hacked) and YG's were great teams to play! No problems there...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually

So do your guys take your PK's so that way there's no argument?

That would definately be more fair to the girls.

:rolleyes:

Buddha girls don't complain about taking PK's. Maybe that's because they can finish them.

Maybe your girls feel like it's a slap in the face because they aren't as good as the guys.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 1 vs ? 3

I’m a little late coming in here, but away I go….
First and foremost HOS, no I wasn’t one of the red cards! HA!

Are they another tryhard….OH YEAH! The tackle wasn’t dirty; it was awkward.

Oh! By the way…when a tub of gooo rolls around jumps up steaming and throws two hands into someone’s face, they deserve to be sent off. As for the other lad who told Herb to F-OFF to his face, is there any argument there?

Stop wining! You won! Just try a little harder next time!

I thought when I left the lower division I was escaping the fight per game thing!
Was that team promoted this year?

Love always
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0