Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
can, I just hope we have enough players. At my last count we have posibly 3 starters injured. Should be a good game. 6'5, how is JO looking these days? Better than Albion I assume?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
can, I just hope we have enough players. At my last count we have posibly 3 starters injured. Should be a good game. 6'5, how is JO looking these days? Better than Albion I assume?
It looks GREAT!!! They decided to punch the hell out of it this week, so our game plan is to hump it up the park as hard as we can all game... the odds are that we will get a Delta bounce eventually. :rolleyes: Better bring some new gloves Millsy!!! Extra big'uns. Gonna need 'em for the wacky bounces.

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just out of curiosity - why do the Peace Arch boys think that Langley are overrated? We obviously are not the most skilled team in the talent laden Valley but I do think in this day and age we are no worse than any of the other top teams. Understandably we have not played well against Peace Arch this year but how many other games have you seen (Particularily Aves and Guinness)? I think I have seen Skip out to several of the Langley games this season - perhaps your opinion might carry more weight? Funny how our overrated asses have no problem beating GN - even last year when we really sucked.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skills wise my top 5:

1.) GN - I just don't know what their problem is every year. They carve us up for long spells and then just loose it. Technically I think they play the nicest style
2.) PAU - As displayed last weekend against us their passing was far superior to ours. Having said that they are still cnuts, except for Cainy of coarse, oh and young Keegan. ;)
3.) Delta - high fitness level and some good coaching help this side with their skill level
4.) Langley and GEU tie - both teams have some skill and a few muckers to go along with the skill. Me being a mucker
5.) Poco - veteran side that has lost their identity since I left after our Pak Cup victory :D but can still stroke it around the park nicely

On a side note - surprise, surprise, that idiot Lyle from Alderbush is suspended again. That guy should be kicked out of the league. He's shite. I almost filed a police report against him when we played Aldergrove.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
Skills wise my top 5:

1.) GN - I just don't know what their problem is every year. They carve us up for long spells and then just loose it. Technically I think they play the nicest style
2.) PAU - As displayed last weekend against us their passing was far superior to ours. Having said that they are still cnuts, except for Cainy of coarse, oh and young Keegan. ;)
3.) Delta - high fitness level and some good coaching help this side with their skill level
4.) Langley and GEU tie - both teams have some skill and a few muckers to go along with the skill. Me being a mucker
5.) Poco - veteran side that has lost their identity since I left after our Pak Cup victory :D but can still stroke it around the park nicely

On a side note - surprise, surprise, that idiot Lyle from Alderbush is suspended again. That guy should be kicked out of the league. He's shite. I almost filed a police report against him when we played Aldergrove.

I also see that Aves is suspended this week, to my knowledge last week he was able to play against GEU and did not receive a card. Yet this week he is suspended :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
can said:
I also see that Aves is suspended this week, to my knowledge last week he was able to play against GEU and did not receive a card. Yet this week he is suspended :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What are you saying can? :D

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm wondering how he plays last week with himself posting that he has three yellows, and this week he is suspended. Did he play last week with three yellows and was not notified because I know for a fact that he did not receive one of the yellows handed out last week :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
You gonna be OK man?

fukcing brilliant big man! :D

I'm sure Aves will be pleased to know that his presence on the pitch was noted. Unfortunately, we'll probably all have to hear about it at training tonight. :(

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
memyselfandi said:
I think I have seen Skip out to several of the Langley games this season - perhaps your opinion might carry more weight?

I just go to watch Fenian kick the ball reeeeaaaally high, and to see Slainy's pretty red boots :p

In all seriousness though, I have to give credit to Langley this year. I never thought they had the horses to put together the season they did, but they proved myself, and many others wrong. Their greatest asset in my mind, is their unity. They know their limitations, and play within them, never exposing themselves as individuals. No one player seems to try more than they should. No bickering or arguing, and all pulling in the same direction. A team.

ThisHallmarkmomentbroughttoyoubySkip

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 3 - G.N. 1

A good clean game tonight. Lions went up 1 nil on a brilliant 28 yard free kick by Scotty Gaull. G.N. tied it up late in the half with a good couple of touches by Mannie who turned our defender and finished the ball nicely.
G.N. did not have the numbers out there. They were missing 3 or so starters. Would have been a different game with them there. No Kokanee, No Raiguy.
Which are key players for them. Anyways, it could have been 7 -1 if not for 3 brilliant saves from Star #1. ( not counting the chip I gave you in your arms )
He can get down quick for a big man. Good game G.N. good luck in the semi's.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 1- Lions 3

All right game tonight, but we knew we were in for a battle as we were missing 7 regulars, but still we had 11 on the pitch for about 30 mins :rolleyes: , lions scored in the first half on a free kick which Star should have had , then two mins later we lost danny gill to a torn hamstring and with no subs we played with 10 men, then in the second half we tied up the game on a goal by Manny Ayiku but soon after the lions scored the winner with about 30 mins left, then we were forced to play with 9 men after Hardeep went down with a hamstring injury with about 15 mins left, they then scored their third just before the whistle went congrats to lions for the win, these guys dont stop hustling, onto Poco in the Pak Cup semis in three weeks.

Star#1whohopesthatSUFCtiesorlosesthisweektoavoidrelegation

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
fukcing brilliant big man! :D

I'm sure Aves will be pleased to know that his presence on the pitch was noted. Unfortunately, we'll probably all have to hear about it at training tonight. :(

Missed training due to a 40th bday celebration...yes I'm near that bracket :D ...but seriously all this attention is really a tribute to my teammates...they inspire me to play with 3 yellows when the league has told me I only have 2...some type of report delay or something. I can only imagine how the result would have been different if I hadn't of played. :rolleyes:

Cheers

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Missed training due to a 40th bday celebration...yes I'm near that bracket :D ...but seriously all this attention is really a tribute to my teammates...they inspire me to play with 3 yellows when the league has told me I only have 2...some type of report delay or something. I can only imagine how the result would have been different if I hadn't of played. :rolleyes:

Cheers

I smell a protest coming on something like the Poco/Aldergrove scandal. Are you trying to tell me Aves that you didn't "know" you had 3 yellows and played against us anyways? Hmm something fishy there! :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
I smell a protest coming on something like the Poco/Aldergrove scandal. Are you trying to tell me Aves that you didn't "know" you had 3 yellows and played against us anyways? Hmm something fishy there! :D

I obviously knew because I stupidly posted aboout it early in the week...but the paperwork had not gone through and the league did not have record of it on the discipline report ...this was confirmed by the crackerjack PAU management before I played to make sure it was legit...we wouldn't want to be throwing away points now would we?..especially against the undefeated league champs :D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: langley vs poco

Huge game for both squads, as both are trying to secure a provincial spot.
Langley has to be most improve team by far and should give us a real tough game.It should be a low scoring game.We have had problems scoring of late, so we know we have to be good defensively if we are going to get a result.
I think both teams should be happy to be in this position this late in the season.I think both teams have given up winning the league as GEU looks to strong to to keep dropping points.Bertrum, Im glad you enjoyed those pints after our game, you deserved it.As many of us commented after, if we don't win the league we would like to see geu win it. ;)

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:

Millsy,the league usually takes care of things.No-one in our club knew about the suspended player untill the league told us.Nothing gets by the fvsl brass. :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So does that mean Aves is busted? I can't believe he would take the risk of playing and possibly forfeiting a win for his team. Pretty selfish i think. ;)

A real player would have phoned the league and told them that they felt they should sit a game even though the card had not been processed yet.

Guess this means there is still a possibility for GEU to go undefeated this season and be the first team since Cainy's 1972 under 16 team. :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0