Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League

Now that we're at mid-season, who do you think will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Townsend Park

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • GN Sporting Club

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vote!

The poll seems to be closed. I would like to vote, though. Who do Poco City and Peace Arch play in the remainder of the season?

Ranger, I apologize for your $dollar:rolleyes:. Maybe it was all that real estate the Americans bought here that caused it.

Look on the bright side, I'm buying lots of stuff up here. Good deals for Americans.:D

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My vote

Thanks, Ranger.

Since the poll is closed, I'll vote out loud.

Poco City has a much more favourable schedule, but they must play four games to Peace Arch's two. Peace Arch already have some points in the bag.

Peace Arch are big, fast, aggressive and confident. Poco City defend extremely well and counter attack dangerously. They don't appear to have a glaring weak spot. I think the vote has to come down to the head to head between them which will be - Poco City 2, Peace Arch 1.

Poco City to win the league.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thyank-you for your vote.

I agree comes to the head to head game. Poco to win that as you said. I think it will not be 2 - 1 though. Also PAU will be a little upset and look past Peg, losing that game too.

PAU will get another shot at Poco in the cup (pool of death), the cup is more important than the league!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bored

Originally posted by Hibee
Bored, could you explain why "the cup is more important than the league"?

Just my opinion, I would rather win the cup than the league. There are games that people take for granted during the season. I like the pressure of the cup, win or go home. Sure a hot team can win, a team can get lucky, but good teams are ready and every game is a battle.

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored

So the cup is not necessarily "more important" then!

I understand what you mean about the pressure of the cup though. However, regarding what competition is more important i would say that the league has to be.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup while the season's on?

In the U.S., we have playoffs after the season is over. I guess like you would see in most professional sports in North America. It must be a little strange playing a cup game or two, then trying to get your mind in a competitve frame of mind to play a league game.:confused:

I've always thought about the league games being a pre-cursor to the playoffs, but this is totally different. I'm not sure I like it.

Say what you want about how important league standings are, but if you are not in a position to win the league, then all you have is the cup under this format. Why would anyone want to play a mean-nothing league game after they have been knocked out of the cup and have no chance to win the league?:confused:

Has it always been done like this? Somebody help out a dumb old American.:p

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hibee

The 'importance' of one or the other is strictly opinion.

If promotion were involved or only a certain amount of teams made the playoffs that would put more importance on the league. If -like Poco and Peace Arch- you were in the hunt for the league and (hopefully) the cup, I personally would choose the cup.

Yankee,

Its a strange system, I think it is strictly for time constraints. In England their are league and cup games going on all the time, strange but they have been at it a lot longer than the North American teams.

snowman

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more on league vs cup

Personally , I believe that showing dominance over the long haul shows your "peers" the quality your team possesses . To have respect by my peers is ultimately the important thing here . Not a nice trophy you can tell some chick in the bar you won . Thats all the cup is , is a symbol .
I'll even go a step further and state that winning one League championship is no great feat either . How about showing that you can compete year after year . I have gained and lost respect for a lot of teams and players over the years . Oh oh , I gotta go get mmmbeer for de 'ockey game tonight . TTFN

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in

Golden Ears 3 - 2 Delta Metro United

Down 2 nil with about twenty-five minutes to go, GEU staged a furious comeback scoring the winner with about five to go.

Looks like you got it right again hey Skytrain? You keep predicting those GEU losses. You're the best.;)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whoever has the time to read this.

I have to respond to a number of threads as I have been at work all day and it seems that nobody else works around here.

Hibee,

I am not sure what my good friend Alex would prefer, the FA Cup or the League Championship. It is a tough call. To be honest, I think it all depends on the situation. Obviously teams shoot to win the league and the cup and if they can do so that is a great accomplishment. The B.C. Championship without a doubt is the ultimate goal of all teams that play in the province and to disagree would be foolish.

To all piss takers,

I thought this site was called take the piss, not take it personally. Life's way to short to be messing with this crap, I have to spend some more time with the grandkids.

I don't know who most of the people are who post on this site and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

I would like to wish everyone best of luck in the league and the cup. My prediction for winning the league is Poco. I think that any of the top five teams have a legitimate shot at winning the Pak... Cup. The B.C.'s I think are a long shot for any FVSL team.

Jack the Lad signing off.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't ask me why but.....

I was at the game and Delta looked like shite. GEU had the ball the whole second half ( minus the odd break out ) Some good stuff played. I was very surprised.

What a winning goal to. Dumb looking bald lad at the back(no it wasn't Regs.) Scored an absolute cracker. 30 yards out off the bottom of the cross bar (in the corner) and in. No chance for the Keeper. #7 Jason I think his name was.

BTW, If you valley guys are pinning your hopes and dreams of winning the oh so important exhibition all star match I wouldn't start your superstar #9 (Delta) He's not good.

knvbmustnowgowashthehoribletastofvalleysocceroutofhismouth.

p.s. YODA is a Fcuking TOSSER for not showing and TheRob is soft.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Show?

Yeah, I was there.
Wasn't great soccer except for the 3 goals scored by GEU were magic.
:D

Sorry KNVB, I took a look around when I got there and didn't see ya so I didn't think you came. Where were you watching from? In the barn?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is that so fitting.

Watching a valley muck fest from the barn. :D

I was with all the loud mouth Surrey guys of course. I don't know how you missed us. What with the chants. "Hey nice gloves" ringing out every time #16 touched the ball. What a moany bastard that kid is. What about the classic "Run you fat bastard run" my favourite.

GEU better tell there keeps to lay off the KFC before the match. Poor guy couldn't catch a cold out there.

You may not like us but we sure are entertaining. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0