Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Incredibles

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm suprised to see that I'm the first to get this thread going. It's been out for a week and a half, and I was under the impression everyone and their dogs have seen it.

Nevertheless, if I could attach 4 thumbs up to this thread, I would. This movie is arguably the best Pixar movie of their collection. While all previous movies Pixar has created have had some elements or jokes aimed at the adult audience, The Incredibles seems to lean more towards the older crowd than in the past (specifically, the early-30 to early-40, young parent crowd). That's not to suggest it isn't for kids -- quite the contrary: it's definitely a family movie.

There's a distinct theme underlying the plot of the movie -- namely a critique of the recent North American trend of promoting mediocracy (e.g. Grade 4 Graduation Ceremonies, suggesting everyone is "equal" in every respect, failing to reward [or punishing] those who excel, and rewarding those who do not, etc.). But aside from the theme, the dialogue is great, the characters are halarious, and social comentary, outstanding.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0