Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The May 17th Election

Who will you be voting for?

• Liberals

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • NDP

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Greens

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is really sad, but I wondered last night while watching that ugly ass at the helm of the NDP fast cat, that they might have won had she not looked like quazimoto's sister. Because noone is really paying attention to what is being said just who is saying it. Something the NDP might think about next time around. Maybe she can run a great government. So let her... just put her in the back room and have a "prettier face" be the party leader and give all the talks. seriously... who is their target audience? Overweight middle aged soccer moms?

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
You gotta be kidding. Talk about glass houses over fiscal responsibility and manager of our finances. Too many examples to name one.

My vote would be for Belinda.

I vote for Belinda as well.

In reference to "too many examples to name one" I am in total agreement. However, since governments, like parties, in our system are run completely by the Premier's (or P.M.'s in the Fed arena) office, they are reflections of the competency of one individual: the Premier. As a result, the fiscal incompetency of Glen Clark is without question. However it has been clearly determined, by independant sources, that the last NDP government left the Province with a $1.7 Billion surplus (argument for success DESPITE fiscal incompetency?). So, 2 points: 1. Because Clark was incompetent doesn't mean that James is, and doesn't mean that Gordon SHOULD be (no justification in "he f*cked things up, so I should be allowed to as well), and 2. It can be argued that Gordo's "economy's booming because of me" argument is as valid as would Clark's have been if he had had the opportunity to say it...that is to say, completely invalid.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Michel Plantini said:
This is really sad, but I wondered last night while watching that ugly ass at the helm of the NDP fast cat, that they might have won had she not looked like quazimoto's sister. Because noone is really paying attention to what is being said just who is saying it. Something the NDP might think about next time around. Maybe she can run a great government. So let her... just put her in the back room and have a "prettier face" be the party leader and give all the talks. seriously... who is their target audience? Overweight middle aged soccer moms?

*milk squirting out of nose" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason why you can't assume the Green vote would slip over to the NDP is because the NDP are as unfriendly to the environment as the Libs, at the end of the day. Given the NDP alliances with big unions, their interest is to keep the labor front strong, thereby keeping people working in the mills, mines, or whatever. You may have something with aquaculture arguments, but that's about it. Hell, even a former tree planter I know voted Lib. Now those guys are fcuked.

A split vote...as long as there are more than 2, that's the wild card.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
It can be argued that Gordo's "economy's booming because of me" argument is as valid as would Clark's have been if he had had the opportunity to say it...that is to say, completely invalid.

That is exactly it. When I was in University, I decided to take a double major in Business and Political Science, very extreme subjects in terms of how the world is viewed, and thus I was able to get a somewhat balanced opinion on the subject (albeit i did used to get funny looks from the left wing types in Pol. Science, and the right wing types in Business, though it may have been because I was still drunk from partying the night before.)

I did a research paper around the time the NDP had left office, and I had found that the so called tanking of the economy had more to do with the commodity prices for our products, as well as stumpage fees and license fees for cutting wood( there was a much lower demand for wood) etc, then it did with respect to any government policy.

Like I have said before, the only difference between the NDP and the Liberals is how much they support social programs, and their view of taxes. The Liberals cut taxes to spur investment, yet lose that tax revenue, which should be made up by the additional invesment in the province by due to the tax cuts .

The NDP prefers to keep taxes higher, thus ensuring higher revenue to pay for the additional social programs.

All other revenue earned by the province is dependent on outside forces beyond our control.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the leader of the party being the party, let's take a look into the recent history of the NDP. In the last decade, let's count their leaders: Mike Harcourt, Glen Clark, Dan Miller (though not elected to the position), Ujjal Dosanjh, Carole James. Mike Harcourt tried to bring a very similar message as Carole James has about a moderate, more centre-left NDP. What happened to him? Some of the same people who are still in the party chopped his knees off and asked him to stand. No where did I say that this would happen again, but recent history has shown that it is a very real possibility.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Mike Harcourt. What happened to him? Some of the same people who are still in the party chopped his knees off and asked him to stand.

I knew he never fell off that cliff himself!!!!

I always suspected it was the Ter-Moe-Nator or Glen Clark that pushed him and now I know. :rolleyes:

It's scary what these NDP guys do when people move to the middle. :D

Either that or Geln Clark was jealous of that fancy deck Mr. Harcourt was sitting on before he fell of the cliff.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0