Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Most Butchered Words on TTP

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well played, Peter. Walls' inability to decipher between a hyphen and a dash was a bit concerning. A hyphen is a punctuation mark. It is used both to join words and to separate syllables. It is often confused with a dash ( –, —, ― ), which is longer.

On a related note, Walls spelled "proper" incorrectly.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By claiming whole thread LSD, I assume you are including yourself in that statement?

Please refrain from speaking on my behalf.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying you don't wank Jinky? I will agree that it's better to do so while remaining silent...at least for people within hearing range.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my younger days I may have taken myself by surprise but nowadays I use tongs when I go to the bathroom. I reccomend the ones in the Safeway bakery departments.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm never shopping at safeway again. was their a fallout with walmart?? or were you caught with your tong out......

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taken yourself by surprise?!!

Got yourself drunk and took advantage? Sat on your hand until you couldn't feel it any more before commencing? Geez, talk about self-abuse.

And thanks for the Safeway comment, I used to really enjoy the banana creams and the strawberry swirlies...and that Chicken Corn Fajita soup.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
In my younger days I may have taken myself by surprise but nowadays I use tongs when I go to the bathroom. I reccomend the ones in the Safeway bakery departments.

Aah yes! Got the Jinkster! Was it deliberate? The butchered word is..............................R E C O M M E N D .

I also believe he meant to say T H O N G S instead of tongs.

A butcher in every sense of the word.:eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
tongs is right. birds should understand this one too......re-read!
Hey man, I was just taking the piss out of taking the piss. I don't have to re-read! Tongs work as do Thongs. It's a double-whammy in the wit department. Very rare and quite complex and often quite disguised. It takes a great mind to recognize this TTP phenomenon and pounce on it.

I'll copy and paste the above paragraph so you don't to scroll up and re-read to comprehend this great wit. Here you go.

Hey man, I was just taking the piss out of taking the piss. I don't have to re-read! Tongs work as do Thongs. It's a double-whammy in the wit department. Very rare and quite complex and often quite disguised. It takes a great mind to recognize this TTP phenomenon and pounce on it.

Re-read indeed!:rolleyes: :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough on the reccomend recommend reccos fcuk up but it's hardly in the vein of say ,oh I dunno,.."I hope your team looses to us". which we saw illustrated earlier today.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and the #1 most abused word (or werd for Luc) on the site:

Teh

Have a nice day, folks. I'm here all week...:D

Trece
Grammar Police Corporal

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet