Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the other Richmond summer league

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are there any other TTP'ers playing in the other Richmond summer league (aka the Airport League) aside from Vinnie and myself?

Teams:

Air Canada (AC)
Alliance (ALI)
Canadian Airlines (CAI)
Canadians (CDN)
Champlain Heights (CHA)
Justice (JUS)
Malt'n'Barley (MNB)
Richmond Rangers (RAN)
Spurs (SPR)
United Nations (UN)

Week 1 (April 30)

AC – MNB Rideau
CHA – JUS South Arm 2
SPR – ALI Steves 1 (1-5)
CAI – UN Steves 2 (0-2)
CDN – RA South Arm 1

All games are played on Wednesday nights. Don't have any other scores yet.

Piece,

Stew:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 2 (May 7)

AC – CHA Rideau (2-0)
MNB – JUS South Arm 1
SPR – CDN Steves 1 (10-0)
RAN – UN Steves 2 (0-6)
ALI – CAI South Arm 2

No scores from any of the other games yet.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3 (May 14)

Tonight's games:

AC – JUS Steves 1
SPR – CAI Steves 2
ALI – RAN Rideau
CDN – UN South Arm 1
MNB – CHA South Arm 2

Vinny tells me he is working on a league website; waiting to see what he comes up with.

Piece,

Stew:cool: (waiting until he is able to play again....)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN - a whole bunch
CDN - a whole bunch less than a whole bunch

cerebral with two goals and five megs. fellow westside alum and ttp'er "steamo" nesin with one goal.
this league has always been pretty weak and i realize it is just about getting out for a kickabout with friends/co-workers (some of whom haven't played organized soccer), but it is really starting to go in the toilet. our first three games, the other squad has barely been able to field a team and the level of play has been shoc-king. i'm sure the opposition can only improve.:rolleyes:

it appeared as though Malt n'Barley lost to Champlain (2-1) on the other field. animal plays for Mn'B and likely got red carded and left.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal

Hey Smallsy,

We are right about the score 2-1 Ch over M & B.
Animal, I know who he is (one of the franks, i think)
but what does he look like?
No red cards given, but some deserved.
What are doin playing in this league?

What have been the scores for your first three?

Ours

CH 2
Justice 1

AC 2
CH 0

CH 2
MNB 1

Vinnie..going for lunch

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i play with work related friends on UN and have been doing so for about 10 years. just trying to stay remotely fit over the summer and getting a run in on wed nites.
think our scores were 3-0, 6-0, 7or8-0.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more week 3....

Smallsy - welcome aboard.

Our game score was 3-0 for CAI vs Spurs, but we had to loan Silvio 3 players for them to do it, so it goes into the books as a default win for us.

Didn't realize that you played with UN; do you work for the Board? I know too many players on your team as well.... which one are you? Stemo and I have been playing against each other in this league for at least 10 years; Bruno and I played together on the Molly Hogan team about 15(!) years ago, and I've known John Herscheid for 20 years (bad experiences at Drugless College together).

Not sure if I completely agree with you about the League tanking it; quality goes up and down by years and by teams. Canadians look about the worst off this year; we hit double digits on them (mostly on Randall) without what I would have considered was a strong team.

We haven't played Vinny's team yet, but it should be a bit of a grudge match since he played for me for the last 2 years on Spurs (get the BBQ warmed up, BiteMe!), and it looks like Champlain isn't doing too badly.

Vinny - how was your game against the Kops? Irish Jimmy the ref won't stop griping about it to me; he sez that a couple of their guys challenged him after the game, and he "doesn't feel like doing the job anymore."

Barley sound like the same old goon squad again this year (sounds like some things never change); we always get up for our grudge matches against them and the Clan McBride. Boo hiss.

Smallsy - make sure Moe's in goal again when we play against you guys - I've got a perfect record against him (goal a game) over the last few years, and it would be nice to keep it going as well as have some incentive for my first game back...:D

Piece,

Stew:cool: (still in physio)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
let me get this straight. you lost 3-0 to a team that you lended three of your players to and therefore won by default 1-0? and you don't believe the leaugue is going in toilet? now that is some serious glass half full thinking.
i know there are some better squads we have yet to face but i can only speak from what i've seen thus far.
moe won't be in net. he is playing up front. we're in the midst of a battle for a golden boot. i play in the middle. currently 4-3 lead for yours truly.
good luck to your squad. see you on the pitch.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my glass is half-empty.....

And I need a refill, dammit!!!

Smallsy:

Two of the 3 players we lent out are twins trying out for spots on the BC U21 team. They wanted a chance to play against their dad, who is one of our back-liners. They were both high-impact players, and helped generate most of their offence. Makes a big difference when they get to play against a team that only has 2 other players under the age of 37, and couldn't finish any of at least a dozen chances.

Good job on leading the UN turtle derby.:D I wouldn't base a whole league's capabilities on your last two games though; like I said, we hit double digits against CDN, and Rangers were dead last in the Richmond winter league last season. I'm sure there's better competition ahead for you guys.:rolleyes: If that's half-full thinking, I guess you're right, although I've usually been accused of the half-empty approach. Like I said, my glass is half-empty, and I want a refill!!!:mad:

Just checked the schedule and I see that you guys have Alliance next week. We'll be on the other field at South Arm against Air Canada; let me know if that game meets your standards.

Animal - please let us know how Barley's doing, and say hi to Grandpaw Tony from the MacBlo folks for me.:) Tell him we'll be dragging Ian out to another one of our games....

Piece,

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i don't have any expectations of "standards" other than the opposing squad fielding 11 players.
really shouldn't be too much to ask.
as i've said from the get-go, i too have played in this league for about 10 years and have done so knowing it's just about having fun and a kick-about.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 4

All games played Wednesdays at 6:45

Week 3 (14/05) scores:

AC – JUS (no score)
SPR – CAI (1-0 default <0-3 game score>)
ALI – RAN (no score)
CDN – UN (0-8)
MNB – CHA (1-2)

Week 4 (21/05) games:

AC – SPR South Arm 1
MNB – CDN Rideau
CHA – RAN Steves 2
JUS – CAI Steves 1
ALI – UN South Arm 2

Hopefully Alliance give Smallsy's crew a better game than they've had so far.
Predictions: AC - Spurs tie (should be a reasonably good game; we usually play well against each other).
M&B over Canadians in a walk (Randall, get some bodies!!!)
Champlain over Rangers in another walk (Vinny, don't hurt Ian too badly; he's their best striker:rolleyes: )
Justice over CAI by one
Alliance - UN tie with Smallsy having to set up Moe but getting his requisite meg in:D

Stew :cool: (two more weeks of physio to go...)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 4 results

Spurs 0 AC 4
Champlain 5 Rangers 1
no other scores yet.

Typical Spurs start; one week with 19 players, the next with 9. Everybody stays home because we have "too many players..."
:rolleyes: Our keeper in the 1st half had a nightmare; he pulled a Cloutier and let 2 that he should have had go by off his fingers. 2nd half was much better with a full side; started our normal winter keeper and he only gave up a peno. Cheap one at that, too; he had to take the guy down twice before Paul would give him the call....:rolleyes:

Vinny tells me they were down 1-0 and came back with 5. Good job by his boys.

Didn't hear from Smallsy about his game; know that they started very late as Hoffmann the ref didn't show up until after 7. Kind of sucks, as it cuts into one's drinking time....

Still waiting for Vinny's website......

Piece,

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 3
ALI 2

nice to play against opposition that resembled a team. it was a well contested affair and alot more enjoyable to play in then previous weeks. they came back to tie twice before we scored the winner in the last 20 minutes. one goal, no megs. moe and steamo kept off the scoreboard.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 5 games...

schedule for Wednesday, 26/05

AC – ALI Rideau
MNB – RAN Steves 1
CHA – CAI South Arm 2
JUS – CDN Steves 2
SPR – UN South Arm 1

Predictions:

AC vs Alliance - should be a good one, as long as AC doesn't run out of gas.
M&B - Rangers - Barley in a walk. Potential for lots of cards with this one...
CHA - CAI - Champlain by 2.
JUS - CDN - Kops get most goals they're going to get all year, unless Randall finds some new blood.
SPR - UN - Stew megs Smallsy and scores winner.....:D :D . Smallsy, despondantly looking for somebody to meg to get back at me, megs his own keeper and puts Spurs up by 2 with the most shocking own-goal of the year:eek:
....sounds great on paper;)

Smallsy - see you on the pitch Wednesday:D

Piece,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pints are my friends....

Hey, I'm not fussy; I'd take a pint from anybody (except that cnut Will Azzi....), even if he's Dutch.....:D

KNVB, as long as you're buying, make it an import - Guinness or Negra Modelo will do for me. I might actually need several, since this will be my first game back.:) Keep talking like that and we might actually let you into the league.:rolleyes:

Smallsy - pints after; especially since Koko will want to come over and talk to the guys he works with.:D

Piece,

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i GUARANTEE i will pot at least one goal and one meg on wed nite.
further i GUARANTEE that i will not get megged by stew.
the above will be lovingly dedicated to de dutch meg puppet seen here:
:knvb:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bwah hah hah

Good one, Smallsy. Then again, I already promised that you would score, and meg.:D Not sure what your plans are for de Dutch meg puppet; I've not played against him (to the best of my knowledge).

As for Guarantees, I GUARANTEE that I'll be drinking beer on Wednesday night. I'm just happy to be able to play again (I've been off for 3 months with a torn calf). Who's been playing in goal for you lot lately?:D :D

See you Wednesday night

Piece,

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Recreational Soccer League Website

Hi Everyone,

Here is the link to the OTHER RSSL.

www.rrsl.ca

I still need scores to update the standings
Other than that it is update to date

Vinnie...out

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch

UN 9
SPURS 0

SPR - UN - Stew megs Smallsy and scores winner..... . Smallsy, despondantly looking for somebody to meg to get back at me, megs his own keeper and puts Spurs up by 2 with the most shocking own-goal of the year
ummm, no.

i GUARANTEE i will pot at least one goal and one meg on wed nite.
ummm, yes. twice each for good measure.:D

as indicated previously, the above lovingly dedicated to de dutch meg puppet seen here:
:knvb:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0