Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the other Richmond summer league

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hurting....

Played sweeper in the first half. The only time Smallsy got anywhere near me with the ball was about 5 seconds before the halftime whistle was blown, so no chance for him to meg me. UN 5, Spurs bagel. Our boys were absolutely clueless with the word "pass."

No goals for Smallsy in the second half - he was "trying to be polite," unlike the fat bastard we put in goal (me). Trouble was, 5 more went past me (it was actually 10-bagel final). 2 I should have had (fat old men don't come off their lines very quickly); one absolute fluke that Johnny chipped far post over me (he actually meant to cross the ball) and two own-goals by my team. Sucked to be me last night.:rolleyes: The most shocking own-goal of the year was off of Doug Tweedlie....

Still not sure if Ronnie actually broke his arm; we sent him off for xrays and haven't heard back yet. Damned fragile Mexicans..:rolleyes:

KNVB, no chance for Stew to meg Smallsy last night. Kind of hard to do when you're playing in net. UN played well; we didn't. Too many pylons disguised as green shirts last night. We need our starting keeper back, as well as the 4 starting backliners we were missing last night. Even our backup keeper would have helped....

Heard that CAI beat Champlain last night too.....

Pieces,

Stew:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 6 - 04/06/03....

schedule for tonight's games:

MNB – CAI Rideau
JUS – UN Steves 2
SPR – RAN Steves 1
CHA – ALI South Arm 2
AC – CDN South Arm 1

Predictions:

Barley over Silvio's boys.
UN over Kops by a couple; watch your back, Smallsy....:(
Spurs over Rangers by a whole bunch to make up for last week:p
Alliance over Vinnie's boys by one.
Air Bankrupt over CDN by a shiteload.....

Piece,

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 2
JUS 1

Hard fought win for the boys tonite. Alot of whining on the pitch with a couple donnybrooks that didn't get too out of control.
I showed up late, didn't stretch and managed to pull/tear my calf after 30 minutes....brilliant stuff :mad: :rolleyes:.
Did manage to sneak one meg in though:D .
Now, back to the frozen peas to see if i can numb it enough before my next tee time, which happens to be Whistler this weekend .:wa: :wa: ....see you there besty!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch!!!

Smallsy:

Tough luck with the calf. Hope yours doesn't end up like mine; I just got back from 3 months off with it.:(

Spurs 1 Rangers 1

One of the ugliest games I have ever played in. Seemed like everybody on our team had wooden feet. Stew's first goal; hit it backwards over my head (the fat guy's version of a bicycle where you don't leave the ground) through their keeper's hands and into the net.:D

They tied it up with about 10 minutes left after our keeper had a brain fart and palmed the ball into our own net with both hands:rolleyes:

Horrendous stuff by both teams: players tripping over the ball; guys swinging at it and missing completely; just plain ugly. Max missed a peno (we still aren't sure how; he hit it about a yard wide of the net:rolleyes: ). No more penos for him....

Travis (our former keeper) skied the ball from inside 3 yards on a sitter. Team concensus is that he couldn't score in a full whorehouse with a thousand dollars in his hand.......:rolleyes:

Hopefully on to better things next week. Need to sharpen up our cleats and bring out the knuckledusters to play the Kops at Rideau :mad: Just love playing against those idjits.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Piece,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 7 games (June 11th)

(all games kickoff at 6:45 pm)

AC – RAN South Arm 2
MNB – ALI Steves 2
CHA – UN Steves 1
JUS - SPR Rideau
CDN – CAI South Arm 1

predictions:

Air Bankrupt over Rangers by a double handfull
Alliance over Barley by 2
UN beats Vinnie & Co. by 1 (Smallsy - are you healthy enough to play yet?)
Spurs over Kops in a bloodbath....:rolleyes:
CAI over CDN by 5

Smallsy - one really bad meg for Stew on the weekend against Loons - I think the guy's still looking for the ball.....:rolleyes: :D

pieces,

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 2
CHA 1

A competitve game that was suprisingly well reffed. Refreshing.
Game should have never been in doubt as we carried at least 75% of the play. Couldn't finish our lunch and gifted a spot shot to them late.
One goal, no megs and an 80% left calf pour moi. UN Golden Boot well in hand.
Looked as though Mn'B won their game on the other field.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say it Ain't so

One goal, no megs and an 80% left calf pour moi.

No megs smallsy, What happened? That basically makes the goal moot. After such megging standards you have set for yourself. Simply dissapointing!;)

Parkhead

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shoc-king!

Smallsy:

What up? Next thing we know you'll be falling behind on megs....:eek: My record on predictions is starting to reek as well:rolleyes:

Kops 2 Spurs 0 - not a good indication of the game; we hit the post (Tod) and the crossbar (Stew) but just couldn't finish. Only gave away one foul for causing one of their forwards (not Warren) to have a yardsale:D Kops actually behaved themselves in this one; not sure why they got belligerant with you guys....

How was playing against Vinnie? Was he in the pipes last night? He doesn't get up this early so no report from him yet...:D

Parkhead, you lurker - you should come and play in our fun little league.......:D

Piece,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bwah hah hah.....

You couldn't possibly be any slower than any of the rest of us pylons (or our refs).:D That's why we're out here in our wheelchairs every Wednesday night.

Join us, Parkhead...come over to the dark side of the farce:D :D :p

I need more beer......

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 8 (18/06/03)

games all kickoff at 6:45

AC –CAI Steves 1
MNB – UN South Arm 2
CHA – SPR Rideau
ALI – CDN Steves 2
JUS – RAN South Arm 1

big grudge match and BBQ between Spurs and Champlain tonight at Rideau. Been looking forward to this for a while. Spark up the barbie, Vinnie:D

predictions for tonight:

Air Bankrupt over CAI by a bunch
UN over M&B by 1 (should be a good one, but tough on Smallsy)
Spurs over Champlain if Vinnie plays in goal or in the back (and our imports show up):D
Alliance over CDN by a hatfull
Kops over Rangers & the MacIntyre boyz run into each other heads-first again like last year.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Piece,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
imports

CIC - 2 imports from my other team - Nacho in goal and Loris in midfield (he subbed out in the 2nd half). Didn't realize you played for Vinnie:confused: - where did you play?

Thought Nacho played reasonably well last night except for the penalty he gave up. Loris had a good impact in the first half, but he and Max ran out of gas in the 2nd (why they got subbed).

Didn't help us at all that we were missing 4 impact players (Eddie up front, Dave and Doug in the middle, and Simon in the back), but I thought things got interesting in the 2nd half, despite Jimmy's best John impersonation. That's the most that Todd has ever hit for in a game; I think he's winning our turtle derby now.

Vinnie - good snausages last night. Even Mrs. Stew was happy after that game, and the junior monsters DID fall asleep on the way home. Like I said before, it's too bad for us that you couldn't play in goal for the whole game:D :D :D

Final score: Champlain 5 Spurs 3

Piece,

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
where did you play?

I was in goal for the first half, upfront in the second. I don't usually play for the squad, I was just out to help vinnie with numbers. I even managed to pot 3 in one half against your lot to get the hattrick. You guys ain't bad for a punch of old farts:p ;)

CIC

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Michael Owen

Okay, now I know what Captain Shamrock was on about with your Michael Owen tendancies....:D Those guys lied; you actually didn't do a bad job in net in the first half. Parkheed is a bit off, though; you're too young to play for us in the winter.
Gotta lose the white shoes, though. They're like red to a bull for us defenders. That might be why we kept hitting you so frequently...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D Is there any truth to the rumour that you left so quickly after the game because my kids were scaring you?;)

True dat about us being old fartz - the youngest guy on our back line before Scotty came back in was 39 (Ron with the shaved head on the side you were working), and he was probably our weakest link. I thought we were doing reasonably well in your end in the 2nd half until Nacho gave up the penalty to you. That kind of killed our momentum. Told him you would go to the left, too.:(

I think the thing that really did us in was not having enough legs in the middle of midfield. Max is more than twice the age of anybody on your team except John or Vinnie, and it showed in the second half when he ran out of gas.

Rematch should be interesting, especially if we get a decent turnout. I'll be way more dangerous (to more people than just myself) when I can get back into shape, too.:cool:

Pieces (after 3 games in 3 days),

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any truth to the rumour that you left so quickly after the game because my kids were scaring you?

No, I just would of been too easy to TTP out of you lot, especially the backline.:eek: ;)

CIC

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ttp'ing....

I don't know - you seemed to be spending quite a bit of time picking yourself up off the ground.....:D That peno was also kind of weak. I think you dove a bit better than Inspector Blake thinks you can.:p

Kind of easy to pick on old guys - especially one as mobile as our left back was:rolleyes: Kind of like me picking on Vinnie:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

If you really want to pisstake, let's hear it about our 3 old fat guys in the back - the one in the middle who just got rid of his knee brace; the other one in the middle who just came back from 3 months off with a torn calf, or the fat ex-keeper outside with the steel rod and pins in his leg who finished his check on you over the sideline:p :p

Personally, I would love to have more of our winter league team out for this, but a lot of our guys live in the Coquitlam area too, and can't make it out as easily to Richmond on time (or back again without risking too many impaired charges), so we're making do with what we don't have. I think the fact that we were able to make a game out of it again without any real forwards says a lot (to say nothing of the guy who scored on you in the first half wearing runners).:p :p :p

BTW - my kids want to know "what happened to the guy in the funny white shoes...":D

Piece,

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you really want to pisstake, let's hear it about our 3 old fat guys in the back - the one in the middle who just got rid of his knee brace; the other one in the middle who just came back from 3 months off with a torn calf, or the fat ex-keeper outside with the steel rod and pins in his leg who finished his check on you over the sideline

Blah, blah blah is how I read that. Excuses come easy when it becomes too hard to continue at such ahigh level of play:rolleyes:

BTW - my kids want to know "what happened to the guy in the funny white shoes..."

Prior obligations unfortunately. Tell that wife that the rugrats can accuire the Adidas TRX Firm Ground Traxion boots priced at $59.99 at Athlete's World.

C"MichaelOwen"IC:p

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scamp...

Excuses come easy when it becomes too hard to continue at such ahigh level of play

The excuses may come easy, but I look at it more as "trying to get back to" than "continue.":rolleyes: Behave, or else I'll have to come over and knock you off the ball again:p

the rugrats can accuire the Adidas TRX Firm Ground Traxion boots priced at $59.99 at Athlete's World

I'm sure they'll nag her into running out and getting 2 pairs each so they can play just like you....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p Actually, Kid A likes his Umbros better:D

So are you going to continue to play for Champlain, or was that just a special guest appearance? The team you guys play next we beat 10-0:rolleyes:

Beers,

Stew :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0