Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the other Richmond summer league

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toasted.....

Besides being out of date, what do you find wrong with the standings.

Not too much except for our position:D We've actually got 4 wins now.....:rolleyes:

Spurs 2 CAI 1

As young Scotty said "their keeper stood on his head." I think we had about 25 shots on net, at least 10 of which were quality. Much more offense than we have previously been able to muster; just the final effort of getting that ball into the net.:rolleyes:

Checked with guys from Justice; AC 3 Kops 1 in what looked like more than a few efforts at playing rugby. There was a really good scrum in one corner of the field in the 2nd half. Looked like Veggie really lost control of this one (what a surprise:rolleyes: ). Showtime - what the fcuk was going on over there? I counted at least 3 brawls. Bogus.....

Pieces,

Stew:cool:

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the clean sheet Vinnie, see you in the fall. Maybe if your clean sheets continue, we'll sign you as our starting keeper:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
last week's games

SPR – AC South Arm 1
CDN – MNB Rideau
RAN – CHA Steves 2
CAI – JUS Steves 1
UN – ALI South Arm 2

scores that I know of:

AC 6 - Spurs 3
UN 4 - Alliance 1
CHA 1 - Rangers 0 (default)

150 posts and STILL nothing to say....:rolleyes:

Beers,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
today's games

ALI – AC Rideau
RAN – MNB Steves 1
CAI – CHA South Arm 2
CDN – JUS Steves 2
UN – SPR South Arm 1

Mickster - Vinnie will SO be in goal again before the winter - he told me his keeper for Kamloops bailed on him, so he's going to be between the pipes....:D :D :D

predictions for tonight:

AC by 1 over Alliance
Barley by 5 over Rangers
Champlain by 1 over CAI
Kops by 4 over CDN
UN - Spurs tie - Smallsy will do the impossible and meg himself:D ;) :p

2 more sleep-deprived days until Kamloops.....

Beers,

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHA 1
CAI 0 - default

Unfortunately, CAI had only 8 guys show up so theygave us the game and we lent them some of better players.
The final score was CAI-3 and CHA -2 the final goal came in extra time or else the ref decided to call last goal wins.

On the other pitch was Spurs vs UN, but I'll let Stew describe that game.

BTW: Stew, lose the homebrew...bad ....very bad. You know the beer is awful when you have to chase it with a sprite.:mad:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
smartass......

Spurs 4 UN 3

Best game of the season for some of our guys; a real headshake for some others.

To their credit, UN started shorthanded (9 guys; their 10th arrived about 2 minutes in), and actually managed to take advantage of a Spurs midfield at 6s and 7s with itself (you're playing where?):rolleyes: Spurs came back and tied after about 10 more, when UN got their 11th player out. Spurs went up 2-1 before the half, and held on.

2nd half UN came out stronger and tied it up and then went up by 1, but a strong performance by Rubbish kept them off. He stoned Rainsy in cold at least 3 times. Spurs came back and tied the game off a rocket from Steve Moorhouse, and the clincher came with about 3 minutes left when Koko blew a header past the UN keeper off a corner, stunning his workmates at the Board into a confused silence.

Again, to be fair, UN had far from their best side out. Missing Stemo, Barnett, Smallsy, Johnny, Moe and a couple of others, they nonetheless were competitive still. But Koko still gets bragging rights at WCB today. Good also to have Damir, the Croatian bar-coded wonder back in the pipes for the first half. He and Rubbish kept us well in, and a surfeit of missed opportunities at the other end kept the score close. Best meg of the season was by Fast on UN's Randy; I think he's still out looking for the ball.:D

Vinnie - at least my team HAS a cooler to bring to games, and there's actually something in it.:p :p :p Agreed, the ubrew left something to be desired, but at least it was cold and had alcohol in it. This was left over from the underattended keg party that too many people brought their own to, and canned by the ubrew staff. I think they had a rookie doing it, because they forgot to recarbonate it....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Stuff still tastes good; it's just not fizzy. Besides, the price was right....:D

One more sleep-deprived night till Frootloops.....

Beerz,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
where have the last 3 weeks gone?

Missed 3 weeks (2 on vacation) so scores have come in 2nd hand:

06/08 - Spurs 2 Rangers 2 (lame effort, I'm told...)
13/08 - Spurs 0 Kops 3 (really lame effort with WingNut MacIntyre getting 2 for the bad boys)

20/08 - in town but missed grudge match with Vinnie's Champlain boys. My kids were both at the Whitecaps/McDonalds camp at Burnaby Lake, and Mrs. Stew decided not to come home to watch the little devils, so I had to miss Vinnie's barbeque (and the game). Score was 3-3 with Vinnie getting the tying goal to pull Chumplain level.

Next week's (final) games:

Aug. 27th (6:30 kickoffs)

UN vs AC Rideau
SPR vs M&B Steves 1
CDN vs CHA South Arm 2
RAN vs CAI Steves 2
ALI vs JUS South Arm 1

Grudge match for Spurs against Barley - normal last game of the season, with (ahem) reffing always provided by nobody's friend, John the Veggie. Legends Nite for Barley, as they always bring out at least 30 players for this game. The line changes can be staggering. Spurs will not be running line changes, but will be dipping heavily into the spoils of war after the game, and I believe the barbie will be getting fired up. Sharpening up my cleats for Animal (if he's actually going to play this time):D

Beers,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
final results for us....

Barley 2 Spurs 0

Screwed over once again by buddy John the Veggie.... turned a tight physical game into a farce with the Barley boyz running our keeper and nothing called about it. Scooter got into it with Yellow Socks Carley - compliments of a really bush elbow into the back of Scooter's heed - hope Carley hurt his elbow doing it. What is it about wearing yellow socks that seems to lower your IQ? "You're a fat slob" was the most intelligent thing he could yell at our keeper Bruce.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Got into it well with Animal; smack count 3-1 for Stew. Barley brought all 30 of their animals out; they have to be one of the biggest teams in Greater Vancouver (I think these guys average out to about 215 lbs each, if not bigger) but we played them well. Biggest difference was that they finished their chances better than we did.

Vinnie tells me that Chumplain beat CWA with 8/9 guys on the field by 6-4... guess he's running them too hard in practice:D

IanD says that Rangers' game with CAI got cancelled at the last minute due to CAI not being able to put a team on the field. Basically this meant that he spent the game getting pinted from our cooler. :eek:

No idea about scores from the other 2 games... results anybody?

Time to go home to get ready for Thing 1's practice....

Beers,

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew,

We play you lot the last game of the season every year, so we have our legends night for this game. This when we invite all of the player from the past twenty seven years. We had nine of our regulars out last night (and most played less than a half) that includes our two regular over fifty's. So your lot just lost to a team of an average age of 45-50. Maybe next year you should find someone that can beat me in the air.

You also forgot to mention that ANIMAL put the nail in the coffin with a beautiful finish.

Animal

That three goals in two games against spurs.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal:

Nothing wrong with either your or Bryson's goals; just didn't have time to write about them. Quality finishing on our 5th-string keeper....:rolleyes:

If you check back a couple of posts,
Legends Nite for Barley, as they always bring out at least 30 players for this game.
you will see that I did mention that your mob would have extra experienced goons out.

Can't play the age-ist card on us either, sunshine. We had a total of 3 players under the age of 40 on the field against you (Scooter and Aaron in the back, and Todd up front), so we weren't exactly laden down with the first team or with speed either.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: More telling that you had 30 players and we had 13 (with an injured keeper).

I think that the game was very even on chances; you guys just finished better on yours. Having that fekkin' idjit John as a "ref" doesn't help either team, as well. As regards "finding someone that can beat you in the air," by my count you were even on headers with me. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

3 goals in 2 games? I thought you didn't play last game - Grandpa Tony told me you were out with an injury.

BTW, your friend Steve the chiro says to say "hi" from him.

Beers,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New season

Making up for lost time.....

Two fewer teams this season as IanD and the Rangers have left to play somewhere less painful to their already fragile egos (the Consulting Engineers' League):D , and Alliance have packed it in. Lots of schedule juggling for the first time in years meant that we started a week later than usual, and we played Smallsy's UN squad in our first game. No Smallsy; he's said that he's only going to be making special guest appearances this season, so the meg counter won't be starting any time soon. Spurs "big turn out" amounted to us starting the game with 8 bodies, and no more showed. Thankfully, we only had to deal with the small field at Steves, and John's unique interpretation of the offside rule, and we ended the 1st half down only 3-0. Second half saw our geriatric legs wear out and the game ended 6-1.

Cranky phone calls got us a few more bodies against Cosmos, but our rusty forwards couldn't finish their breakfast, lunch or dinner. At the other end, defense was a foreign concept to a number of our guys, and Cosmos took advantage of several horrendous miscues. An ugly, ugly game, with each team getting about 20 chances on net. The big difference was that they finished chances; their keeper (to his credit) stood on his head to keep the ball out of the net. Final score Cosmos 6, Spurs 0. Not impressed at all...:mad:

Game 3 last night started well against Vinnie's yobs from Chumplain Heights. First goal came off a corner kick as Vinnie heard my extremely loud footsteps echoing in his ears, so he turned and fired a great shoot past the keeper's outstretched arms into the corner of the net. Too bad it was his own net...:D We went up 2-0 on a real goal that beat their keeper to the corner again. Should have made it 3-0, but my left-footer hit the top of the crossbar. and bounced over. Protesting to the ref that the net had sunk into the Richmond bog about a foot didn't help either as he wasn't willing to go and adjust it for us either. Chumplain came back in with a lame penalty (called as there were virtually no lines on the pitch - their forward ran the ball to the end line and about 10 feet beyond, and then crossed the ball in front of the net to Old Ron, who caught it with his hands. Unfortunately, Ref Dave had not seen that the ball went out (getting harder to do when you're at centre), and whistled it down.) 2-1 for us at the half.
The Chumps didn't give up, to their credit. They juggled their line and put Vinnie in goal, wearing a hideous technicolour yawn of a shirt. They realized that we had 3 guys over 50 in the lineup, and managed to tie it up with a real goal. We got the lead back, though. Special guest Hedkandi flicked a nice ball onto DaveO who chipped Vinnie from the top of the box, making it 3-2. Our geriatrics couldn't hold onto the lead again, though, and the Chumps managed to salvage a draw on a weak goal that rolled slowly past Jeff's aging arthritic hands. 3-3 final, with Hedkandi playing brilliantly on the left for us. He also helps bring down our average age, too.

beers (several from good microbreweries),

stew:cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0