Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a great night.

Awesome atmosphere as the weather gods were upon us which made for some noise on the sidelines with the numbers out to watch.
Lots of Langley support which booed and jeered us but what the fcuk, that's what it's all about isn't it?
Also, many thanks to the punters in the terraces.
We had the beer gardens going and they had the chants going.
Fcuking hilarious, our bench couldn't stop chuckling.
Always good to see the likes of Crafty, Cainy, Skip, Sage, Hibee, Guinness, Cuddler, Studsup, Knowone, etc. having a laugh at our expense. ;)
Also mates Johnnie Vairo and Davey Sherle from MF Wolves too.
Cheers boys.

On with my novel.

I know I may sound like a ball licking idiot, but full marks to Langley.
The players they had out I highly rate.
I totally agree with Hubs on that.
Robbie and Kenny in the middle of the park - tough as nails.
Mark Bryant and the young lad up front played a great game IMO.
Steve Mahavolic and RJ in the back - any team would take you in this league in a heart beat.
Even the old fossil ;) Paddy O'Crane (sp?) still battling.
Fcuking hell you were a fossil when I came into this league for Christ's sakes. :D
Demo, even with that bullseye brace target on your kneecap you played very well.
And to the lad in the pipes, sometimes mate the boots feel good and nothing you could've done would have changed things if I could be a slight bit complimentary on our play.

Officiating was top class also.
I don't think the linesmen made one dodgy call and Kevin Uppal was good with the discipline while still giving flow to the game.

Well done to the Highlanders to put in a respectable showing against Chilli.
By all accounts you have done yourselves and our division proud.

Hmmm, have I forgotten to say something? :p

JackieCollinsforever

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever
I don't think the linesmen made one dodgy call

The only bad call he made was not helping Sage out with the beer he dropped over the fence in the first half! There was still a good two sips left in it. :)

Congrats to the Rangers. If we're to meet in the next round, we'll be expecting a performance like the one you put on last night.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good news

Originally posted by star #1
If we win this weekend then we have to travel to chilliwack again for the third time this season:mad: :mad:

Star #1,

If you beat Surrey Sporting, you will be at home to Chilliwack next round, not away. Chilliwack will only get the home tie if you lose.

Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers:cool:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Some good news

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney

Star #1,

If you beat Surrey Sporting, you will be at home to Chilliwack next round, not away. Chilliwack will only get the home tie if you lose.

Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers:cool:

Thanks for the info, I thought that it was the other way around.

All the best tomorrow

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home field adv.

Crafty,

Where did you come upon this home field info.? Does it go by league results, or seeding?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Home field adv.

Originally posted by Skip
Crafty,

Where did you come upon this home field info.? Does it go by league results, or seeding?

This was how it was explained to me from the league, when I asked how we could possibly get a home draw for the next round.

GAME 9 ALDERGROVE V. POCO DOMINION
GAME 10 POCO CITY V. NORTH DELTA

If Aldergrove beats Poco Dominion and we beat Poco City we would get the home draw against Aldergrove.

If Poco Dominion beats Aldergrove and we beat Poco City, Poco Dominion gets the home draw against North Delta.

If Aldergrove beat Poco Dominion and Poco City beat us, Aldergrove gets the home draw against Poco City.

And if Poco Dominion beat Aldergrove and Poco City beat us, Poco Dominion gets the home draw against Poco City.

Very fukcing confusing I know, but that was how it was explained.

So with the GN game, I think I'm right. However, I would wait and see before counting your chickens.

Cheers;)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 4 - 3 Surrey Sporting (OT)

Tough game, the surrey team gave us quite a game, they are excellent on the counter-attack, we scored first on a beautiful volley by Jas Mattoo from 5 yards outside the 18, they evened the score about 10 mins later. we then took the lead with about 5 mins left in the half with a beautiful goal by Monty Bagha, just buried in top corner from 5 yards outside the 18. They tied in up in the second half and then we took the lead from the PK spot with 10 mins left on another goal by Monty, they tied it up again in the last min. in OT we got another PK and Monty scored the winner completing his hat-trick . Onto Chilliwack next friday.

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 GEU Knights 0

Typical cup tie, lot of kick and rush and not much pretty football being played. Achieved our goal of getting to the next round, that's what counts.

Surprised to see a few of their lads going down pretty easy considering their strength. To our credit we stayed up having been the recipients of some tough challenges.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO CITY 0. NORTH DELTA 2.

Another typical cup tie. Wasn't pretty but we never looked in trouble. Good second half performance from our lads after a slow start.
Fair result at the end of the day, I'm sure they will say the same.

Cheers;)

PainKiller

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mathematics 101 according to Star 1

When star 1 says that somebody scored from 5 yards outside the 18 yard box, does that mean the player scored from about 23 yards out?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC 3 - Langley 1

Rather dull game to watch with both teams taking turns playing like plonkers. Nice goal scored by a Langley striker but SFC out chanced Langley going up 2-1 and finally icing it with about 2 minutes left when Langley was pressing. Not much flow to the game and it was basically a long ball game. Sums up langleys season as they only had a couple of hobblers on the sidelines as subs.

Sub.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Mathematics 101 according to Star 1

Originally posted by PainKiller
When star 1 says that somebody scored from 5 yards outside the 18 yard box, does that mean the player scored from about 23 yards out?

yah i guess so, nothing seems to get by you :D, except for that forward that scored the tying goal today when it was 1-0 :eek:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: SFC 3 - Langley 1

Originally posted by suburbanator
Sums up langleys season as they only had a couple of hobblers on the sidelines as subs.

Sub,

That's one more than we had. :rolleyes:

After a disastrous year, it's a bit of relief to beat Langley twice in two weeks. That, combined with the spanking given to LU D1 by the Rangers makes this a good weekend.

RF/Cainy: Is your matchup confirmed for the NAP Turf Friday night?

Bollocks

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: this just in

Originally posted by Skytrain
PoCo 0 - Aldergrove 1:( :eek: :eek: :mad:

skytrainatthistimehasnocomment
Holy crap Poco what happened? Sounds like Osama has alot of explaining to do. I'm sure we'll hear about it in a week or so when you decide to post.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don’t think that Sub was making excuses…certainly not one that either team could or needed to make today. He was just commenting on Langley’s season as a whole. I think Jay said he has signed over 25 guys this year, and we had 13 at the park. Sound familiar, Bullocks?

The game: had to be ugly to watch. Hard fought, some good chances either way in the second. Fairly clean, but hard tackling. A muckers special. Peg actually got the winner with, exactly, 2.5 minutes left. We pushed everyone up, and then SFC got the insurance about one minute later. Mike Wagstaff created the winner, and scored the insurance goal. He was a threat whenever he was on the park.

Jesse got ours on a nice strike, which actually had us up 1-0 for about 5 minutes, 23 (exactly) minutes into the 2nd.

You have to be impressed with young Andrew Van Vliet, coming in as a youth player and playing like a vet in an unexpected start.

Yes, 3:04 AM, I’m wide awake, and still fcuking pissed off. SFC deserved it…good luck lads.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
best overall club

all this boasting how poco is a top notch club in general , and two big upsets this weekend. premier squad ousted out of the cup , as well as the cat team being beat by a div 4 squad in the pres cup. obviously not a good day for the so called best overall club in the valley:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Premier....

had a tough contest on Sunday. First we started slowly against a squad consisting mainly of Miller Genuine Draft. The squad we a bit more difficult to handle in the second half as they brought on 2 skillfull lads named Crown and Wisers. After the game our team bus picked us up and we decided to have another exibition at the Roxy nightclub. Mmmmm champagne. Overall the lads looked in top condition and are ready for Surrey next weekend. We took a page out of the PAU book (I see why you guys like going their on Sundays after football-solid talent). How many GEU guys called in sick today? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0