Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup 2003

Who will win the Pakenham Cup?

• Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Delta Highlanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey Sporting

• GN Sporting

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • GEU Black Knights

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • SFC Rangers

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Langley United FC "A"

• GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Langley Thunder

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ShiteInEars boys arguing!!!!

I like it! You CrapInEars girls just keep bitching at each other!!

PeaceArch 6

GEU CryBabywipes 1

:D :D :D :D :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's comforting to see a few closet pau fans on that side of the river.:rolleyes:

osame.....?
I'm not here to talk trash, especially if it's off topic, but I think puller's suggestion that you bring the league cup to the match is a good one...if we win, you can make a special presentation in the changeroom.:D :D
..and don't forget the case of pale ale:p

ididsayif

thisshouldbeonanotherthreadbutidon'tfeellikepostingtwice

it'slate

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone wants to reply to the previous post, please do it in the the Premier thread.

Thanks.

TheRobshouldmakeAve's"postittwice"buthe'sfeelinggenerousthismorningplushecalledmeschoolmarmish.;)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round One:

Pakenham Cup Friday Feb 28
Chilliwack FC P Delta Metro Highlanders D1 Grandstand Sportsfield 8:00pm
Surrey FC Pegasus P Langley Thunder P Newton Athletic Turf 8:00pm

Pakenham Cup Saturday March 1
Surrey FC Rangers D1 Langley United FC A D1 Newton Athletic Park 12 Noon

Pakenham Cup Sunday March 2
Surrey Metro Sporting D1 GN Sporting Club P Erma Stephenson Park 12 Noon
Peace Arch United P GEU Black Knights D1 South Surrey Athletic #6 2:15pm
CentroAmericano United D1 GEU Ultra P Erma Stephenson Park 2:15pm
Aldergrove United D1 Poco City Dominion P Parkside West 2:15pm
Poco City United D1 North Delta United P Reeve St. Park #1 2:15pm

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

Week 21 league results may have some very intrigueing significance in the Pak cup this year. I don't think any team is looking past the first round of course, but potentially, the two semi-final matches could very well be:

PAU vs GN

Poco vs Delta

If these matches came to fruition, the most attention would have to go to the Poco/Delta game. Both teams hungry for a spot in the provincials, and of course the fact that Delta played the spoilers in Poco's bid for 2nd place in the league may make for some fiesty play. :cool:

Skipgettingexcitedforcupplay:wa:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Interesting

Originally posted by Skip
Week 21 league results may have some very intrigueing significance in the Pak cup this year. I don't think any team is looking past the first round of course, but potentially, the two semi-final matches could very well be:

PAU vs GN

Poco vs Delta

If these matches came to fruition, the most attention would have to go to the Poco/Delta game. Both teams hungry for a spot in the provincials, and of course the fact that Delta played the spoilers in Poco's bid for 2nd place in the league may make for some fiesty play. :cool:

Skipgettingexcitedforcupplay:wa:

The Poco v. Delta Semi is an impossiblity due to the draw.

Poco v. GEU
Delta v. GEU

These are both possible

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Packenham Cup & Turf Fields?

Here's one you may or may not want to start a poll on, but none the less something we should consider.

Traditionally both Semi finals and Final are played on neutral parks and on natural grass. With the introduction of turf for the first time this year for some league play, do we agree or not, to allow this to carry over into Packenham Cup for the Semi's and Final. Obviously earlier rounds do not factor.
This would possibly rule out Newton now for the final if the league decided not to allow turf. Some will be for, some against and maybe some don't really care one way or the other.

What do you guys think ?

My oponion, for what it is worth, is that both Semi finals and Final should most definetely be played on grass. This is the Packenham Cup, let us preserve the nostalgia that comes with its history and ensure that it is played in the manner in which it was originally intended.

Cheers:cool:

By the way, I have contacted the executive of the FVSL and am awaiting their official response on the matter.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf vs Grass

If games are to played on neutral fields than turf should not be used. If one team has played on turf all season and the other has not then that would be an advantage. Nullifting the purpose of a neutral field. This is fine during league play as home field is supposed to be adventageous for the home team.

Just my opinion.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slivie:
I thought we played Friday night on the turf and Peg was playing Sunday? :confused:

With respect to the turf at Newton to host the semis and final - most definitely an emphatic yes.
All would lose out in the Rangers FC beer gardens if it were to be moved. :cool:
Bearing this in mind, I'm sure you'll all agree now. :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like playing on the new turf fields but the pak cup games should be on grass.

au natural

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sched's???

Sooo! who plays on Fri at nap turf? The fvsl website says the Rangers and Lang A. Then Peg Lang P on Sunday. Is this correct or is it back to the way it was originally scheduled for? Anyone.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: sched's???

Originally posted by hubs
Sooo! who plays on Fri at nap turf? The fvsl website says the Rangers and Lang A. Then Peg Lang P on Sunday. Is this correct or is it back to the way it was originally scheduled for? Anyone.

Here is the schedule:

Pakenham Cup Friday Feb. 28, 2003 updated 02-17-03

Chilliwack FC P Delta Metro Highlanders D1 Grandstand Sportsfield 8:00pm
Surrey FC Rangers D1 Langley United FC A D1 Newton Athletic Turf 8:00 PM

Pakenham Cup Sunday March 2
Surrey FC Pegasus P Langley Thunder P Newton Athletic Turf 2:15 pm
Surrey Metro Sporting D1 GN Sporting Club P Erma Stephenson Park 12 Noon
Peace Arch United P GEU Black Knights D1 South Surrey Athletic #6 2:15pm
CentroAmericano United D1 GEU Ultra P Erma Stephenson Park 2:15pm
Aldergrove United D1 Poco City Dominion P Parkside West 2:15pm
Poco City United D1 North Delta United P Reeve St. Park #1 2:15pm

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the?

I just checked the FVSL schedule for next weekend and it looks as though Centro Americano has forfeited their game against GEU Ultra.
:eek:

Wonder what's going on there?

Oh well, I guess they go on to the next round.

Anyone with inside scoop want to fill us in?

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
turf or grass?

Personally I prefer the new turf fields to grass over the long haul of the season.Now if the grass conditons are exceptional than its an easy decision, grass.The turf fields give the players a better opportunity to display their skills which usually makes for a better game.I know tradition and all that comes into play when you talk about the pak.I know at this time of year the fields are in better shape but there is no hiding a bumpy grass field.Skillfull players would prefer to play on turf .I remember last years final was a boring one to watch from an spectators point of view. Whether that was the pitch or the teams, we will never know.This year should be really a interesting cup, I think their will be at least one big upset.{hope its not us}

Ps: soo I vote turf.

Good luck

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Centro Americano had difficulties fielding a team for the past month so it doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Maybe the ID cards forced them to use eligible players rather than Juan's brother's cousin's uncle Pedro?;)

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: What the?

Originally posted by Yoda
I just checked the FVSL schedule for next weekend and it looks as though Centro Americano has forfeited their game against GEU Ultra.
:eek:

You know the sun really does shine on those of us that are just good, honest, harding working soccer players that mind their own business and keep their thoughts to themselves!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0