Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 THE REAL Div 2 MOTW ,nov 4-6 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
since our "so called moderator" has taken a passion for playing with barbies, watching movies like the piano, and the crying game and filling his now never used water bottle with his tears instead of having the decency to post an actual MOTW thread for all of us, i will shoulder it for a couple weeks.
in case you haven't figured it out yet, shavens thread was a piss take or a bitter lashing out on our little community, and none of those games have any bearing on anything(no offence to any of those teams). cheer up little stewie griffen(shaven), your time to control the ttp community and hold a hammer over our heads will at some time come, but as long as i'm a part of the divisions you apparently moderate, your efforts will be thwarted.
here are your MOTW choices. hopefully a real moderator can add a poll to this asap.

2A LUFC @ T-TOWN ROYALS.
with langley holding onto a tie for top spot in this division a win for them seems to be quite imperative to keep stride with the young Gunners of POMO who seem to be the other unstopable. as for the royals, they now sit six points out of top spot and if they can go on a run knocking off top teams they wil still have a legitament shot at the 2A title. MOTW?

2B POCO CITY UNITED @ GEU TIGERS
poco city is undefeated with 18 points, only 6 games played and is holding strong in the number 2 spot. a win this week can pretty much make this a two horse race the rest of the year. for GEU its now or never. with 16 points and all eight games played GEU needs to win desperately to keep pace with the other front runners, and keep the 3 points out of POCO's hands. MOTW?

2C ND NATIONALS @ DEWDNEY FC CELTIC
i don't think much needs to be said in regards to the importance of this game. the two top teams tied for first place in 2C finally meet up in the last week of the first half of the year. the winner stands alone in first. can you imagine if the table looks the same going into the final week of the season. the battle for supremecy in the toughest side of div 2.....the almighty C. MOTW?

2C PORT MOODY LIONS @ NORTH COQUITLAM HADES
the hades, after a lacklustered start to the year, seem to have found their old form of last year and have themselves alone in third, almost by flying under the radar. a win this weekend keeps them within striking distance of the number one and even closer to the number two. they will no doubt be hoping for a draw in the above mentioned game and will be fighting hard to win their own. they will be in tough though against the lions who always put up a strong battle. they currently have 13 points(two behind the hades), and could overtake the hades with a win this week. for them to keep in stride with the top teams(even though they are one of them) a win here is huge. MOTW?

there you are gents!!! have at er!!

and again....could a REAL moderator please add a poll to this thread.
CHEERS~
walls

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i will obviousely be taking CELTIC vs NATIONALS as the MOT week, month, year and possibly season. as mentioned by Guru, myself and bored will not be playing this game but that shouldn't take away from the magnitude of this match. at least bored and i will have 24 cold canadians to nestle up to for this one. a tie means we both keep our respective cases!!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
back to this again the all mighty group C. I remember hearing the exact same thing last year 2C has the toughest group the standings are tight top to bottom but then cup time came around and come semi-finals 2C wasn't too be found. Funny how that works maybe you all suck equally.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
then came the cup finals, provincials, and the 05-06 season......and NDFC has been nowhere to be found ;) .
just kiddin jive'. i know you guys are coming along now.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
My vote is for your game walls and I hope you guys win it
KevinRectum, Don't you get tired of stickin your nose up peoples arses to make friends? Yer from Maple Ditch, why would you want a team south of the rivlet to beat a neighbour?

What's that fcukin cartoon dogs name that's always rambling on about being Spikes friend... canIbeyourfriendspike... huh huh huh canIcanIcanI !!!!!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A LUFC @ T-TOWN ROYALS.
with langley holding onto a tie for top spot in this division a win for them seems to be quite imperative to keep stride with the young Gunners

Is LANGLEY holding on to a tie, or are the gunners? I find it hard to say that either team doesn't deserve to be there and theres just as much pressure for the Gunners to "hold on"... therefore I discount this as a MOTW. Sure its a must win, but isn't every game for a team that wants a shot?

i don't think much needs to be said in regards to the importance of this game.

I'd say this is the MOTW... big game. Both teams are cocky err confident. ND has the edge in youth, speed and defence but Celtic definately in experience and grit and they have some guys that can score.... I'd say these two will draw.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our match vs. Soccer Mom and his bunch is huge for both of us. LUFC A needs to focus on winning every game, as I don't see the Gunners losing. From stats this year and last, the Royals look to be capable of being spoilers.

Their pitch too...it'll be tough.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
way to man up Walls.

2A LUFC @ T-TOWN ROYALS.

Going with the Royals on this one. LUFC would probably win 2 out of three but Royals at home with wet conditions gets the nod.

2B POCO CITY UNITED @ GEU TIGERS

Haven't seen either of these teams play so a tie is the safe on the fence prediction. 2's for both.

Definate MOTW. I am biased, but I think this game is gonna be a great one. We train tonight and to a man, we want this one bad. When we started the season we hoped to be competitive and finish mid pack. Now we can see the top and won't settle for anything less. Hoping for a hard fought clean game with no contraversy...May the best team win.

2C PORT MOODY LIONS @ NORTH COQUITLAM HADES

If I was to want to watch any game this week this woud be it. Hades front end is dangerous and will keep the lions back line running all game. The key will be if the Lions can play a possession game and keep the ball away from the run kick and run hades.

Half way post already, things are heating up. Soon we will be playing in cup games as well as our reg season. And those teams with night home times...COLD.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
KevinRectum, Don't you get tired of stickin your nose up peoples arses to make friends? Yer from Maple Ditch, why would you want a team south of the rivlet to beat a neighbour?

What's that fcukin cartoon dogs name that's always rambling on about being Spikes friend... canIbeyourfriendspike... huh huh huh canIcanIcanI !!!!!

Blah Blah Blah walls is a good guy I know he pisses people off in here but whatever and I figure it would get you and bored going, I have time for you and Snowman, Guru you know that, but you guys come on here talking about going undefeated and how you out class everyone, so I'm hoping the so called under Dog wins this weekend and I'm not from Maple Ditch I live in Hammond the arm pits arm pit :eek:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

South Park takes all the drainage from the high school field above it. It does normally drain well but who knows with all this rain. I believe, however, they have the High school field as back up and it normally holds up pretty well, although it isn't very wide.
As long as the rain isn't torrential over the next 3 days between the 2 fields the game should be ok.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Blah Blah Blah walls is a good guy I know he pisses people off in here but whatever and I figure it would get you and bored going, I have time for you and Snowman, Guru you know that, but you guys come on here talking about going undefeated and how you out class everyone, so I'm hoping the so called under Dog wins this weekend and I'm not from Maple Ditch I live in Hammond the arm pits arm pit :eek:

Wowzers KKH.... Are you applying for the position of mediator. It's all fun and funny piss taking, don't get all defensive bud.

Did you just call the NDN underdogs.... take a look at the standings... they're on top of the group, zero losses, less goals against, with a game in hand... we lost to a bottom feeder, have less GPG avg. more GAG avg. How the hell did they become underdogs?!?!?!

So you're now going to be pullin your wire for the DFC underdogs? ? :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru,

Here's why:

guru said:
Goin out on a limb now with a prediction...
DFC being promoted to Div 1 .... going undefeated.
Less than 10 goals against,
More than 3 goals per game average.

Currently sitting at 11 against, but at least you're on pace for average.

Bored said:
2c looks pretty toight at the top, I say 4 teams but once Dewdney plays the 2 other top three teams there should be a clear front runner (that's Dewdney) and 3 teams battling for 2nd.

Ah, skeletons. Doncha love 'em? :D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Guru,
Here's why:
Currently sitting at 11 against, but at least you're on pace for average.
Ah, skeletons. Doncha love 'em? :D

HEY.... who stole my computer and wrote that drivel!!!

OK so two down the drain, two still to go.... I think 3 GPG is achievable, and top of the div with promotion is in sight.
Without a goalie the 10 GA was a stretch. But undefeated was within reason, .... bloody LUFC... they got luckey on thier goal and beat the Guru on the far side from 5 yards out... Footcuffed me. We
1) shoulda,
2) woulda,
3) coulda.
beat those guys if,
a) we had a decent ref.,
b) Had buried our multiple oppertunities,
c) had a goalie with at least one good hip,

And Boreds comments still have yet to play out... we have one more team at the top to play...

.... ahh who we kiddin',..... we suck

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru,

I'm just, you know, TTP in a friendly and non confrentational manner. It was funny, and witty, and you shouldn't take it personally, because if you can make such bold predictions, why can't I remind you of them? Huh? Never thought of that one, did you?

Fcuk off, I hate you all...I'm never, ever, never ever, going to take the time and make the effort to come up with such a consise and well written post again.

I'm done with this Div. 2 posting stuff...way too immature for me, and you guys don't get TTP.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I'm done with this Div. 2 posting stuff...way too immature for me, and you guys don't get TTP.

Hey Dude.... please don't go away mad.... I'm extending my personal sincerest invitation to go away in a happy non-confrontational manner......

You may leave now......I'm off to my yoga/terretsanddental medication class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0