Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So many questions now that the deal is done. They only have five players under contract. Nonis has a BIG job ahead, but when the season starts it will definitely be HIS team.

Where will Naslund go? Will he follow Burke to Anaheim? Go somewhere else or stay in Vancouver?

Will Bertuzzi be able to play at the start or will he sit some more games?

What free agents will they go after?

It is going to be a pretty exciting two months coming up.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've started a new Canucks section outside it's normal NHL category. Please post Canuck threads, banter, trades here.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still waiting for some news from inside the Canucks camp...

Does anyone have any insider info as to what is going on? Is Nonis just looking to re-sign everyone, and then look at filling the holes?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems that Fedor Fedorov is back in the fold. He was sitting in the stands last night at the Blue / White game with Auld and King signing autographs. Any info as to what the deal is with him right now?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a little training camp update...
Both the stars and the prospects headed up to Whistler for practices and team building drills. The regulars hit the ice at 9:00am and skated until just after 10:30 while the rest of the guys hit the ice at 10:45. Luc Bourdon joined the main group of players along with newcomers Steve McCarthy, Richard Park, Anson Carter, Craig Darby, Jason Doig and Fedor Fedorov.
Jason Doig is here to try and get a contract. Nothing has been signed yet.

Fedor has looked really good in the practices, and who knows, maybe the knew rules will help him out in the "New NHL". That is...if he learned how to play in defensive end while in Russia.

Jarko Ruutu got a couple of really nice goals as well. The last one was a breakaway that he roofed!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report: Cooke signs deal with Canucks

TSN.ca Staff

9/20/2005 12:53:24 PM

Matt Cooke appears to be returning to the Canucks.

According the Mojo 730 radio in Vancouver, the team has re-signed the winger to a three-year $4.6 million contract.

Cooke, who is a restricted free agent has not been at Canucks camp this season.

The 27-year old had 11 goals and 12 assists in 53 games with the Canucks in 2003-04.
The whole 2003/2004 edition is back.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
love the style the guy plays to death, but for that kinda dough he'd better be putting up more points, flying the team plane, carrying their luggage(hockey bags included), and cook(e)ing meals for them. a couple of poor buggars dreams have just been crushed........back to the moose!!!!

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I knew that once Cooke had that strong 1st line performance in the Calgary series, and was asked to play for Team Canada that the Canucks would have to give him a significant raise. I think over 1.5 mil is overpaid, 1.25 MAX. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Jovonovski and the Sedins next offseason with a lot of our salary locked up in long term deals. Still great to see Cooke returning though, I think he's the most entertaining player on the Canucks, he must knock at least 2 guys to the ice each shift.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have the Canucks scored in a shootout yet????

No concerns yet, but they better dress a full roster at some point this week.

Apparently the Canucks lead the league is preseason games missed due to soreness. :rolleyes:

I will be concerned if they lose opening night to Phoenix if they don't play well. Unless Gretzky suits up, if he plays it's ok.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the "nucks" will be just fine,
no, they haven't scored yet, they are still 0 for 14 attempts on net during shootouts...

But the likes of Jarkko Ruutuu are shooting in these things, so take it with a grain or two of salt.. Oh and BTW: Ruuttu at least hit the post... Park is 0 for 3 attempts...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Yeah, Ritchie never even saw it coming.
WOW!
I didn't see the highlite but it sounded nasty...

Porr North Delta Kid was counting light fixtures, then birdies....

BTW: What's with all the fights folowing up good clean hits!?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the habs :confused: ....give me a fcukin break...in kyle maclearan fashion :eek: !! ugliest jerseys, players, arena, coach, fans, and rendition of our national anthem the league has ever seen.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0