Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was driving today with my wife and dogs to go for a walk, when a car was parked right in the middle of the road and a few people were on the ground. A guy was down. I pulled over to see if I could help. He wasn't conscious and people were trying to do CPR, but didn't really know what they were doing. I took my IFA in 1984, but haven't done anything since. Some of it stuck, but by no means all of it. We worked on this poor guy, but he was dying. The police, then fire showed up and took over, but I don't think he made it.

My mind has been racing ever since. I feel pretty helpless and I really hope he came around with the pros. About an hour later I heard the air ambulance fly in. I fukin hope he made it.

I need to redo my first aid. And so should all of us. This could happen on the soccer field or anywhere. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, @freddy. You did good!

Been in the same position and even with my Level 1 it was still an extremely intense situation. I never did find out whether the old woman I stopped to help out survived. Just know you did the right thing!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully your wife does the right thing tonight for you Freddy, clearly you earned it!

Great stuff!

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know the feeling Freddy, I pulled a dude out of an upside truck in a water filled ditch last Oct. Its one of those jump in and think about it later things. Well done man!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This did happen on the soccer field with our team last season (end of January). One of our guys had a massive heart attack right after half time. Basically, he took 2 steps out onto the field and collapsed. Thankfully, there were people with CPR training available to pick up on this nearly immediately, as even after the pros got there, he flatlined twice. Thankfully, due to quick action, Carlos is still alive and relatively healthy, and his 2 preschool daughters still have a father.

My wife and kids are both certified, and I'm waiting for the next chance to get re-certified. Definitely worthwhile.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has any one heard about these teens that did the ice bucket challenge with an autistic child and dumped urine and feces on him instead of ice water? What the Fcuk is wrong with some people?!!!!

Don't have a news article, heard it on the team 1040 this morning.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update. I love living in a small community. We went out for dinner and Chris, the fire chief comes in right after and sits beside us. He said he left on the helicopter with a pulse. Fingers crossed for Tim.

So, update on Tim. Tim was flown by helicopter to Bellingham where he went into a coma for 7 days. He awoke, stabilized and walked out with virtually no impact to his brain. I thought for sure Tim was a goner. I am so happy for Tim. Rock on, Tim!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0