Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Drake Memorial Labour Day Soccer Tournament

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC are, after a couple of year's hiatus, running the annual Labour Day soccer tournament: Open Div, Men's Masters Div, and ladies over 30s (with a few exceptions) div at Ambleside this labour day long weekend . Full beverage garden, cash prizes, perfect parks on the beach, social at Tantra lounge/nite club on the water on Saturday eve. Lots of interest already from quality teams in each Division...Post on this thread, PM me or email me at below address if interested, or if you have any questions.

It is filling up fast.

2007 - Labour Day Long Weekend - 2007

August 31st, Sept 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2007. (Finals on September 3rd).

Ambleside Park, West Vancouver, B.C. Artificial turf and grass fields.

Cost: $400 per team.
Cash prizes for top three teams in each division. FIFA rules apply.

Divisions (see below): (1) Men's Open, (2) Men's Masters, (3) Women's Masters
(1) Open to any men's Canadian or US amateur side.
(2) Open to any men's Canadian or US amateur side. Only players born 1972 or previous are eligible, save for five (5) players permitted per team born 1976 or previous.
(3) Open to any women's Canadian or US amateur side. Only players born in 1976 or earlier are eligible, save for two (2) players permitted per team born 1980 or previous.

This tournament will be limited to 8 teams per division or at the committee's discretion, based on registration. (8 teams open, 8 teams Men's Masters, and 8 teams Women's Masters).
ATTRACTIONS:
Licensed Beverage Garden
Food and Prizes
Social event on the evening of Saturday, September 1st

Cost: $400 per team, paid in advance.
Please respond via email to sirm192003@yahoo.com.
Cheques should be made payable to West Van F.C. and should be mailed to West Van FC, c/o address: #307 - 214 East 15th Street, North Vancouver, B.C., V7L-2R3
Questions please call: 778-233-4732 or email: sirm192003@yahoo.com

First come, first served basis for registration. There is expected to be a high demand for this tournament, so register early.

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well...I see that there have been some developpments since I have been away! The Ambleside tournament is back????

4 sure?
Because I have many wonderful and romantic memories of this tournament.

See you there boys

Bye now!

This is not a joke right?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No joke Blondie. There is a tournament dance party overlooking the harbour at Tantra on Saturday night as well. Tantra is the old Bistro. Remember?

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice... this tourney is always a classic!! About time it is back. Top notch beer garden, bikin's from the beach, and well organized. Saturday night at tantra.. sounds like a good place to meet tha :wa: skank!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that Blondie is spoken for when it comes to this tournament.

Numerous VMSL, FVSL, and North Shore sides have thus far said they are in.

The over 30s women's division is thus far a bit thin.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The over 30s women's division is thus far a bit thin.

Sir M .............using the word "thin" and "over 30s women's division" should always be seen as something positive.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the years, this tournament has seen some of the finer talents on TTP hit the pitch. Only a few years back, a squad comprised of Regs, Fastshow, Captn Shamrock, Jinky, Luch, Dickens and Jags et al hoisted some hardware. Okay, most of the hoisting were pints, but at least we were hoisting some things. I even recall that Fastshow scored a cracker of a goal, that caused the PegOly coach at the time to sign him on a Free from The Mermaids. A few two footed slide tackles later and PegOly shipped him off to England. I believe there was also a lot of action in the parking lot for a few that year, but that is a whole other story.:D I doubt if we will see Fastshow back for another appearance, but always the chance for things to happen in the parking lot again.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS,

Which Jinky?

I was looking at the trophy the other day while I was sitting in my underwear and eating cheezies in the garage, and I see that the 2004 Canadian National Champs that same year won the open in this tournament, if memory serves, defeating Trollers in the final.

I have a rumour for you: it is rumoured that Pegasus FC may be entering this tournament under a new coaching regime to defend their open title.

And if memory also serves, SCDMTC Blonde got caught off guard in that parking lot.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the years, this tournament has seen some of the finer talents on TTP hit the pitch. Only a few years back, a squad comprised of Regs, Fastshow, Captn Shamrock, Jinky, Luch, Dickens and Jags et al hoisted some hardware. Okay, most of the hoisting were pints, but at least we were hoisting some things. I even recall that Fastshow scored a cracker of a goal, that caused the PegOly coach at the time to sign him on a Free from The Mermaids. A few two footed slide tackles later and PegOly shipped him off to England. I believe there was also a lot of action in the parking lot for a few that year, but that is a whole other story.:D I doubt if we will see Fastshow back for another appearance, but always the chance for things to happen in the parking lot again.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JAGS

Yes, I remember that well. In fact, that is where I learned about Lonsdale Avenue. :) If anyone needs a player for that weekend, count me in. :)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which Jinky?

Sir M ............ the Jinky we were blessed with was the former PoComo star who wore red boots on the weekend, belted out Tom Jones tunes in the beer garden and became more famous for the thread "Ask Aunt Jinky" on TTP.

Alikira ........... since you know that the park is "just off Lonsdale", keep close to your PM's, as might need to have a reunion tour with you on the park. If the Rolling Stones can do it, so can we. Who has worse knees??? You or Keith Richards?:D :D

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Open Division is starting to fill up quite nicely, with a few VMSL Prem sides, but also some FVSL teams and some VMSL Div one teams. We have secured the licence for the licensed beverage garden for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The Masters Div is also doing well, with a flavouring on a bunch of different leagues. We have at this point 3 or 4 women's teams, but ladies, rest assured, the over 30s rule is more of a "guideline" than a rule, if you do not qualify as per these rules just drop an email and we will figure it out...everything will be OK.

WEST VAN FC 31ST ANNUAL TIM DRAKE MEMORIAL LABOUR DAY SOCCER TOURNAMENT

2007 - Labour Day Long Weekend - 2007

August 31st, Sept 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2007. (Finals on September 3rd).

Ambleside Park, West Vancouver, B.C. Artificial turf and grass fields.

Cost: $400 per team.
Cash prizes for top three teams in each division. FIFA rules apply.

Divisions (see below): (1) Men's Open, (2) Men's Masters, (3) Women's Masters
(1) Open to any men's Canadian or US amateur side.
(2) Open to any men's Canadian or US amateur side. Only players born 1972 or previous are eligible, save for five (5) players permitted per team born 1976 or previous.
(3) Open to any women'sCanadian or US amateur side. Only players born in 1976 or earlier are eligible, save for two (2) players permitted per team born 1980 or previous.

This tournament will be limited to 8 teams per division or at the committee's discretion, based on registration. (8 teams open, 8 teams Men's Masters, and 8 teams Women's Masters).

ATTRACTIONS:
Licensed Beverage Garden
Food and Prizes
Social event on the evening of Saturday, September 1st

Cost: $400 per team, paid in advance.
Please respond via email to sirm192003@yahoo.com.
Cheques should be made payable to West Van F.C. and should be mailed to West Van FC, c/o address: #307 - 214 East 15th Street, North Vancouver, B.C., V7L-2R3
Questions please call: 778-233-4732 or email: sirm192003@yahoo.com

First come, first served basis for registration. There is expected to be a high demand for this tournament, so register early.

We have confirmed the beer garden for Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and the Saturday night thing has been also confimed at a Waterfront Bistro that can hold around 400 people.​

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We now have secured the licence for the beverage garden Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and expansion by one day over previous years.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know, but the Saturday night social at Tantra already has over 100 tickets sold, and that doesn't count tournament entrees. If its anything like this last Saturday in Kamloops (which it will be except with an ocean view), the Westside girls just themselves make it worth attending.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M Quote from NSCL forum: According to the trophies, the title holders in the Open Division are Pegasus F.C. and in the Masters Divsion, Nordic F.C.

Nordic will be there to defend the title even if Teddy has to lace up the old boots :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as Ted doesn't bring that vile Hungarian version of grappa Biggs. That shite is banned at Ambleside.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0