Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Drake Memorial Labour Day Soccer Tournament

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the finals are going to shape up like this:

Over 30s men: 1100: Ambleside B. Wickham vs WVFC.

Womens: 1300: Ambleside B. Kwantlen College vs winner of Westside Shooters and NS Sharks (0900 Semifinal on Ambleside F).

Open: 1500: Ambleside B. Pegasus FC vs WVFC.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finals:

Masters: WVFC M 4, Wickham M 1.

Women's: Westside Shooters 1, Kwantlen College 0.

Men's Open: WVFC A 2, Pegasus A 0.

Excellent officiating in this tournament, Mauricio did a fine job in the Masters final (QOTD re the Wickham goal with no time left: "I know, it was offside, but you are ahead 4-0") and Angelo in the women's final, and my personal favourite Rene in the men's final.

Eagles could not make it to the field this morning after graciously hosting an until 430 AM party at his place, with numerous Masters players showing for the 1100 game just a bit after 1055 after having to pick their kit up at Cactus Club, left there from the night before.

But this was one really fun tournament. Good for the Westside girls beating the college team, highlight of the tournament really (except for Tantra on Saturday eve, or actually now that I think of it Eagles' on Sunday eve, but we won't talk about that here).

Thanks to everyone who came out, I think the key for us may have been when Regs couldn't make it out today. :p

Off to St. Louis in the morning for another 5 days of this type of thing.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is probably true - see you muppets in 2 weeks, bring your sleds.

:D

(thanks for the run!)

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full marks to the old club on putting together a very well organized and fun tournament! This thing has the potential to grow into the Kelowna Labour Day Tourney of yesteryear, so hopefully it's a go again next year.

The one unfortunate item was Adam Costley (IMO the top amateur player in the province) getting injured late in the final yesterday. Apparently the x-rays came back negative but he's still in a lot of pain. It was unfortunate because of the quality of this player/person and the fact that he has just worked his way back from injury to the same leg. I did not have a good view of it but I believe it was not a bad tackle. Here's to a very speedy recovery and to no future bad news...

Cheers,
Reedie

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a coaching mistake, leaving a star player in too long.

Costley is class and I hope he recovers quickly!

Good luck this year!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
and my personal favourite Rene in the men's final.

And I was thinking I was your favourite ;) :D

As Reedie mentioned, full marks to Sir M & West Van FC for putting on an excellent event. A very enjoyable time and I was very surprised how competitive the pre-season tournament was. The Peg / West Van game on Saturday was 90 minutes of hard work with tremendous tackles all over the pitch.

The highlight for myself was definitely Sunday afternoon as I had the er .... 'pleasure' of doing a game which involved dickens, Jags and the Anti-Fan ...... certainly pales in comparison to the Imperial Cup Final two years ago :D

Sorry to hear about Adam as well ......... I know the lad has worked hard to get back to where he was and am gutted for him. All the best and a speedy recovery ......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the best to Adam.......great kid..........but I'm with Regs here, I have to blame the coach not knowing when to make changes.

:D ;)

Alan Ferris

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Adam, he has to be the most snake bit player of this decade. I was in physio with him this past spring and his scars and stories are just brutal and he is what........24??????

All the best and I am sure if anyone can be back and just as right as before it is him.

John

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the words of encouragement lads it means a lot. The leg will be fine and I will be back soon. Special thanks to Niko and Eddy and the West Van boys for there help off the pitch. It wasn't a bad tackle at all, just a tough tackle from a big boy. It was great to see some of the old PEG boys this weekend!

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie has been a huge pick up for us this year and he has already made huge improvments for us just in the pre season. The Injury could have happened just as easy in the first five as the last five. We wanted to win that game for a lot of reasons and by no means was it a coaching error.​

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie has been a huge pick up for us this year and he has already made huge improvments for us just in the pre season. The Injury could have happened just as easy in the first five as the last five. We wanted to win that game for a lot of reasons and by no means was it a coaching error.​

We were just taking the piss with that comment, Adam. I know Reedie will do a great job with you guys and you'll have a successful year. :)

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira

I see the surgeon tomorrow for the final word but I think it is was just a solid knock on the same spot as the previous break and it should be fine.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to sort that Alan Ferris bloke out, AC. Don't let that London (Ontario) Lasers reference on his resume intimidate you. His stay in London was a very brief one. As for Alan reffing this weekend, I was under the impression that he went down in that NBA reffing sting. If anyone spots Ferris hangin' in the Romanian community this week please let me know...I smell a protest.

Regs, my next coaching maneuver was to slot young Jayden Regnier at sweeper in the diamond formation; however, he seemed content skipping thru the flowers with his dolly at Ambleside. He's a happy kid.

Cheers,
RR

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alan called this morning at 3AM wanting to chat about London again :rolleyes:

JR (don't use real names on TTP) is a happy kid, that is true - but he will never be a sweeper - more like top 6 forward... perhaps your JR will play in the Olympics one day? :D

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I would never permit my JR to play for Canada. I've switched my "up front view" on this and now side with Niall, as the CSA has sunk to new depths. My daughter will now represent Scotland...or Ireland...or probably Fiji.

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I must say that I had a very nice time at this tournament although the lululemons did get a bit wet in some of that rain!

Stupkidkid, if you were curly haired little cutie that got your leg hurt in that game, send me a massage and I can gibe you a little TLC and make things ALL better for you!!

Bye boys:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard that Adam will be fine. Which is great news, the last thing anyone wanted to see was him getting seriously hurt. I had a pretty good view of that tackle, from maybe 10 feet away, and the WV player got all of the ball, and Adam's leg came through a fraction of a second after the tackle, and he caught some studs right in the spot he did not want to.

Good news that he will be OK: I agree with Reedie, he is quite a talent.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch, I got caught by some studs where I didn't want to once... I think it was by Mrs Lupoman... but really, what we want to know was if the grandmother with the baby doll was Skanky's mom, and was the old fat guy in spandex -- the one on the bike ín the beer garden with a plant growing out of his shirt -- Anti-fan's dad... the beer garden might not have been what it once was, but it was still bizzarre... I might come back next year, even if ACBC doesn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0