Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tricities Mens League - Summer 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocko

Mar 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to inform those interested, the Moody vs sasc is now being played at Heritage Mountian in Port Moody. 7pm kick-off

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight Semi-Final - Thursday

Sapperton Rovers vs Poco Rangers
6:45 pm kick off, Gates Turf

The Rangers have got us right they want us, on the turf where their speed and skill will be an advantage over the Rovers.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rovers are going to run your tubby team into the ground. Now that Maple Ridge is out the Rovers have an easy road to the Final.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jocko said:
Just to inform those interested, the Moody vs sasc is now being played at Heritage Mountian in Port Moody. 7pm kick-off
better get to zellers a buy some good luck charms like the ones you used against us

sid :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Sheep got one prediction in the playoffs right and that was Sapperton over the Poco Rangers 5 - 1. Up 4-0 at the hal

Poco did well in the second half being down to 10 men following a brutal run at Chad McMillan from the side and the guy taking red. Despite warning our guys at the half not to retaliate as we knew this was going to happen in the second half with their side out of it, players do get frustrated. Sapperton took 3 yellows tonight equalling the summer league total from the other 12 games.

Two victories for Sapperton today. One vs the Burnaby Parks bureaucrats for their law breaking request for copies of driver licences for random checks at games next season and the other in the semi-final.

Good luck to Port Moody vs South Africa tomorrow night at Heritage Park.

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here i thought were were jinxed with Sheep picking us to win...

Good result last night not much trouble...(other than the dirty prick trying to injure someone)
Typical shite player trying to make some sort of mark on the game because he can`t do it any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reccos forgot to mention the SPECTACULAR goal by Ted,
flipping it over the defender and firing top corner (i mean doesn`t get any top corner) and ripping the net.

Looking forward to a final vs either S.A Or Moody

SA...need to get some revenge for losing to them twice this summer
Moody...looks to be much improved since playoffs have begun

chunder

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen, there's a late tackle where you're a step behind someone and then there's a late tackle where you're five steps behind someone - and that crap is SHITE.

I think Sap fielded a talented squad last night and we took no liberties to rub anyone's face in anything. We knock the ball around, we focus on our game and we get in a good run. It's one thing if it's 4-1 and you pot a fifth to start doing cartwheels in front of another teams bench but there's never any of the crap with this club. The late runs at several players last night were garbage, and there was no need for it.

The final looks like it'll be solid for tues. I'd like to See South Africa cause they made us look like tools the last time out. Either way, I'd say another good summer season playing in this league.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chunder: The Poco Rangers are the same goons that a few years back provoked Chris Todd to take a red card in the semi-final that year. Of course, the score then as last night was 4 to 1 for us and the cheap shitt started.

Same team, mostly same guys.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no game at Heritage Sid. When I showed up it was some kids playing. I don't know what happened because some other supporter from S.A. also was there and he said he was told 7 at Heritage for Friday. Maybe they are playing tonight.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Africa won, 4 to 1 I believe with the same thing happening as in the Maple Ridge 1/4 final. SA let the other guys score first but came on for the decisive win.

The game was not at the new turf field apparently but at Heritage Mountain School, the grass field. Somehow most of us thought it was the turf.

Final is set for Tuesday, 7 pm, Gates Park - turf

Sapperton Rovers vs South Africa.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tuesday at gates turf 6-45 kick off
south africa Vs sapperton

may the best team win

good luck & play ball lads

cheers

sid

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Sid.

Tonight Cup Final = Gates Park - turf, Kick off 7 pm.

Sapperton is out to revenge last years controversial semi-final loss to South Africa.

I guarantee it will a be different Sapperton team tonight than they faced during league play this summer.

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently word on the street is that gates is already filling up with people making their way to catch a glimpse of tonights showdown...

Poco`s donair world should see some good business tonight...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most of the people are showing up for the Big Co-Ed Play-off game between the The BlueDragons and The TryHards, but a few may check out your game before the real action starts at 8:30.

hos

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey lp79 is that the donair place on Wilson and Mary Hill. If so it's Donair Town and they make the best Donair's in the lower mainland. I dare anyone to disagree without having any. I know because look how fat I have got these last few years. Anyways back on topic I think Sapperton will win 3-2.

P

Patryn

Classless player from South Africa

One of the most classless things Ive heard any player say in all my years playing sports. When the referee was presenting the trophy and talking about how the trohpy was dedicated to alex bec. Chris Clarke of South Africa said out loud "Thanks to the Referee" in reference to why they lost.

Both teams had missed oportunites and the 1-1 game was decided in penalties in favour of Sapperton.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was good to hoist a few for Alec Bell as we were fortunate to win the trophy named for him. Garry Corr had got Alec's family to approve the name of the trophy and the name for his team. It was a nice touch, Garry, to have the guys have a beer and talk about what Alec contributed to the game and to this summer league. He would have been proud to have his name attached to the league trophy winner.

Sapperton won in PKs tonight although we were unfortunate not to have had BOTH our goals counted in regulation play. We had put one in off a Chris Todd shot off a corner but neither the ref or linesman could see it over the line as it was pulled back out quick.

Ed Fong scored the opening goal of the game for Sapperton on the header off a great cross from Chad August. It was a super goal in any game!

SA evened the score in the second half.

SA pulled one better than the Clarke shout at the trophy presentation. They sent a a new GK out who appeared briefly on the back line in the first half out for the shootout despite not being on the field when the game ended. The ref and linesmen let these classless clowns convince him he was on the park playing at the end of the game!!! Then after the scored was tied 3-3 after the first 5 shooters, SA for some strange reason did not have their entire team on the field. It appeared they might have been trying to pull off some jersey switches to get players out for the sudden death who were not on the field at the end of OT.

Scoring for Sap in PKs: Kevin Todd,Kirk Waechter,Chad McMillan and Remo Montagliani who scored the winner in the first sudden death shot after SA missed their shot.

The entire Sap side played great. Daniel McLuckie played another super game as he has done all summer. Kevin Todd added a lot to the side tonight in the way of his leadership and solid central MF play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0